Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 451581 times)

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED
You really should keep an eye on your subordinates....uhh sir
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Do you have Freespace Port 3.1.1 installed?

That makes sense....i've only got fsport3_0_4.vp

shows how long ive been out of the loop (I was kicked for a good reason for a good many months  :( )

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Kicked or banned?

At any rate, always remember to have the latest version of FSPort, especially so if you want to play FSPort multi. I experienced a lockup some days back because my FSPort copy was out of date.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
but when i launch the campaign, it just plays through the normal FS2 campaign missions
Did you choose a campaign in the campaign room?

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I continue to be impressed. Every time I replay this campaign, I notice a little easter egg or piece of Freespace lore that I missed before. There are so many that by the time I come here to list them, I've forgotten some.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Someone set you up the bomb?
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Circ

• Nurse, Soldier, Father, & Freemason
Good job with the mod guys.

Freespace is an amazing game, its a shame it didn't get the credit it deserved.
"Canada is like an old cow, the West feeds it, Ontario and Quebec milk it, and you can well imagine what it's doing in the Maritime s"
(Tommy Douglas)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

It did, except that no-one bought FS2, so thus we only have ourselves to blame....

And that supposed clause in the EULA of FS2 that allowed people to copy it for their friends without charge

Offline Narvi

It did, except that no-one bought FS2, so thus we only have ourselves to blame....

I suppose the publisher spending all their money not advertising it wasn't part of the reason at all?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

I suppose the publisher spending all their money not advertising it wasn't part of the reason at all?

Oh yes that too, that probably being the most glaring. The advertising for FS1 was the total opposite though, everyone knew about that.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Were there any advertisements at all? I know Interplay likes to ship trailers with their other games, but don't they do things like posters or Television commercials?
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
FreeSpace 2 probably suffered from the classic cost cutter's bait-and-switch:

:v:: Hey guys, we finished FS2 a month ahead of schedule!

Interplay: Great!  But our budget doesn't give us advertising money until the original release date, so you'll have to wait a month.

one month later...

Interplay: Sorry guys, but FS2 isn't selling.  We've decided not to waste advertising money on it, so we'll just write it off.

:v:: ...

Bonus unethical points if one of the marketing guys pockets part or all of the advertising budget.  (In fact, I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a guy that this is actually what happened.  I have no idea if that's true or not.)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Bonus unethical points if one of the marketing guys pockets part or all of the advertising budget.  (In fact, I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a guy that this is actually what happened.  I have no idea if that's true or not.)

He should be shot.

Multiple Times.

With a shotgun.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
No, Dilmah, he deserves this:

My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
No, Dilmah, he deserves this:

Yes, that too.

Offline Mav

Uh... sounds reallky nice :yes: - now just I'd need to get back FS working for me...  :sigh:

(university + hardware problems don't help, either... :( )

Well, I'll need to get my online-connection back working (atm posting from uni), after that I can worry about FS...

Oh, and about the "meme" (just read page 24) -

Incidentally, the PVD Hope's "over 9,000" officers and crew.  Coincidence, or another Easter egg?   :p
Easter egg.  Good catch. :D
Oh no. Not THAT meme... :p

- that isn't incidentally a reference to our beloved "squirtgun", is it??
(sorry, youtube doesn't work here at uni)

So, now I'd better leave and look for my internet-account settings (and my personal Shivan beam-bomber... ;7 ) - bye :) .

:warp:
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Finally started playing today... and it's been a helluva ride so far, "He who rides the tiger" has been one of the highlights so far... that was some funky FREDding you pulled of there (besides that it's an awesome mission with a tense battle and lot of intriguing plot going on, all practically within the claws of the Demon destroyer) :yes:

Just played up to "The last hurrah" ... and died of course

Spoiler:
Seriously... after I died twice during the mission because I got overconfident in my Herc, I changed to an Ursa loaded with Harbingers. I singlehandedly took out the 2 Cains and also took the Demon out of the fight way sooner than probably intended. Then mopped up the rest and fulfilled every mission goal perfectly.
Ok great, cue victory music, prepare to jump out... uhm what are they babbling about comm failure?.... ooh there's more plot happening, great! Jumping out you say? ... surely you must be joking, let's rather see what's going on here....
Hmm.... will they turn hostile?... ok, let's bring it on, I just reloaded on clust.HOLY ****ING EMP SHOCKWAVE BATMAN!! what the hell's going on?move already you piece of junk... ALt-J Alt-J Alt-J .oh I should have seen that one coming.. **** YOU TOO GOOBER.SEE YOU IN HELL!!!

Note1: If you crank up the shield energy in the Ursa, the Lokis need more than a minute to finally kill you.
Note2: Don't take the profanities personally, it was in the heat of battle ;)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Glad you like it. :D

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
That EMP shockwave has infinite range, right?
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Or the equivalent, yes.