Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 451546 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED
It's not a bug, and we didn't forget.  It's intentional.  Remember, we're keeping retail compatibility.  The SCP feature we needed won't be ready until later in 3.6.11 development.

So was that over-detailed Hades ever finished???

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The HTL Hades is still in progress. Vasudan Admiral's working on it.

FYI, The FSMods download link for the Core files is corrupted. The download only gives you ~150KB of data out of 13MB.
I shat all over that Shivan fighter....right up 'till his buddy got me.

Offline ETPC

I dunno if it's just that I suck, but I am having some major difficulty with Chasing Shadows. If I so much as touch the warp point, I blow up.

Will there be a patch for STR?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
FYI, The FSMods download link for the Core files is corrupted. The download only gives you ~150KB of data out of 13MB.
I re-uploaded fsport-str.zip.  Try again.

I dunno if it's just that I suck, but I am having some major difficulty with Chasing Shadows. If I so much as touch the warp point, I blow up.
Touch the warp point?  Can you elaborate?

Will there be a patch for STR?
There will.  But perhaps you should ask the question "will the patch include a solution to X?".

Offline Axel Wers

• I remember Descent: FreeSpace as a new game.
    • FreeSpace
Tell me how can I stop self-destructing in mission He Who Rides the Tiger? This stupid event kills whole mission!  :mad:
I did it only once (clear lottery) but I don't know how! That mission would be much more playable without this!

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Axel Wers

• FreeSpace
Thanks I found solution on my side finally. Hit and hold TAB.

Anyway, Reborn is great campaign. Good Work.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:54:53 am by Axel Wers »

Offline Qent

Spoilers please.

I thought that was a really great mission, BTW.

Offline Axel Wers

• FreeSpace
Hmm, another bug, but it's some other. I cannot continue in campaign, when I finished mission Secrets Reborn, next mission Blood of the Innocents won't load. Loading screen freezes.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hmm, another bug, but it's some other. I cannot continue in campaign, when I finished mission Secrets Reborn, next mission Blood of the Innocents won't load. Loading screen freezes.
There is a sticky thread about that.

Offline Axel Wers

• FreeSpace
Ah thanks, I'll try it again :)

Offline Nx

3) In str06, "He Who Rides the Tiger", Lambda 1 will not dock with the Ratna if you are using the mediavps and your mod priorities are not configured correctly.

And how do I configure them correctly?

I installed everything using the installer, and mod.ini looks like this:

Code: [Select]
[multimod]
primarylist = fsport-mediavps;
secondarylist = fsport,mediavps;

and I've just spent an hour replaying this mission thinking I must really suck at FS2, before I realized the stupid freighter is just sitting there getting slaughtered :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(I'm using 3.6.12 RC2 btw)
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You're loading the FSPort MediaVPs at a higher priority than the ST:R data, which contains the model with the modified dockpoints. Try this.

[multimod]
secondarylist = fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps;
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nx

You're loading the FSPort MediaVPs at a higher priority than the ST:R data, which contains the model with the modified dockpoints. Try this.

[multimod]
secondarylist = fsport-mediavps,fsport,mediavps;

Nope.
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nx's mod.ini is the way it's supposed to be set up.  The high-poly Faustus contained in the FSPort mediaVPs is supposed to have the additional dockpoints, and it did the last time I checked.  Has that changed?

Nx, you can remove the primarylist line for the duration of that particular mission, and then add it back in once the mission is complete.

EDIT: And it should go without saying, but you should also make sure you don't have any loose model files or VPs hanging around.

Offline Nx

Nx's mod.ini is the way it's supposed to be set up.  The high-poly Faustus contained in the FSPort mediaVPs is supposed to have the additional dockpoints, and it did the last time I checked.  Has that changed?

Nx, you can remove the primarylist line for the duration of that particular mission, and then add it back in once the mission is complete.

EDIT: And it should go without saying, but you should also make sure you don't have any loose model files or VPs hanging around.

Yeah, the fsport-mvp version has the extra dockpoints, but it's loading the mediavps file for some reason.

edit: here's the command line:

/home/nx/games/FreeSpace2/fs2_open_INF_r -mod fsport-mediavps,fsport-str,fsport,mediavps -spec -glow -env -mipmap -normal -3dshockwave -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge -ship_choice_3d -weapon_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -snd_preload -post_process -nograb -ambient_factor 75 -alpha_env

edit2: I think I figured it out, I had a 2 year old cmdline_fso.cfg in my data that was loading meadiavps even when no mod was selected.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:16:39 pm by Nx »
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

Offline TParis

Silent Thread Reborn doesn't seem to work with the current FSPort MediaVPS, any hints to get it running?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The new MediaVPs have a different name: you need to change your mod.ini to point to mediavps_3612.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...