Author Topic: 2008 Indie game of the year voting  (Read 15735 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: 2008 Indie game of the year voting
and how to become a fredder darkmaster? you ask me to give everybody permission to a secret fredder forum or what? and on what conditions? after sb released something for TBP? something good? or if sb claims he or she wants to fred?

I hope you realize that is silly.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I think if you want to chat freely with other FREDDers it is good to have a separate forum. The subject is not only FREDding issues but also plotline issues, real life issues, internet issues, programming issues ...

General FRED discussion.
TBP specific FRED discussion.
Campaign plotlines
Real life issues
Internet issues
Programming issues
First place to look before requesting new forums

Hope that helps.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Want a campaign team ? Easily just create a forum and invite people to join. I'm sure if IP or Vidmaster create one, then a lot of FREDers will join. Or else if Angelus create one then I will join. If I create one then noone will join though. (that is why we need someone with a reputation in the community to begin something).

Let's take Vidmaster as an example. He's a good choice cause I think we'll all agree that he's a very good mission designer. However if you go back in time to a year and a half ago he obviously knew very little about FREDding. Go forwards a mere three months though and he's already releasing campaigns and building a reputation.

My basic point is that Vid went from newbie to respected FREDder in only three months. I do agree that a reputation helps when forming a team. But you can make a solo campaign to get you that reputation quickly if you are good.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Want a campaign team ? Easily just create a forum and invite people to join. I'm sure if IP or Vidmaster create one, then a lot of FREDers will join. Or else if Angelus create one then I will join. If I create one then noone will join though. (that is why we need someone with a reputation in the community to begin something).

Let's take Vidmaster as an example. He's a good choice cause I think we'll all agree that he's a very good mission designer. However if you go back in time to a year and a half ago he obviously knew very little about FREDding. Go forwards a mere three months though and he's already releasing campaigns and building a reputation.

My basic point is that Vid went from newbie to respected FREDder in only three months. I do agree that a reputation helps when forming a team. But you can make a solo campaign to get you that reputation quickly if you are good.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: Well he is probably not a human. (no offense here)
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: Well he is probably not a human. (no offense here)

Frankly. This kind of talk is neither helpful or accurate.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I had previous game/map/campaign design experience from many other games, Escape Veloctiy, Ares, Warcraft 3.
Still, I was lurking around HLP about 2 years and never even touched FRED. Sometimes, demanding silly things from people (PLEASE DON'T SEARCH THE FORUMS FOR THESE POSTS BACK THEN!!! :shaking:)
But someday, I thought: Hey pal, I know you (=me) are creative, now starting learning this damn editor, make something for yourself and stun a few people  :lol:.

FH was sort of a revelation, I agree. I was shocked myself that it turned out to be so popular.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.