Author Topic: PCS2 User to User Help  (Read 109519 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, seeing as the wiki still talks about the Max->Pof exporter like it's actually a good option... It's kind of outdated in...more than a few places.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=77292.0 is usually a better bet (though even that thread hasn't been updated with the fixed version that correctly saves subobject radii)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline crizza

Hey there,
I'm fiddlng around a little with PCS2 and try to clone/duplicate turrets, while this works fine...how does the coordinate system work?
Or is there a FAQ how to do this plus swapping textures like...beam emitters and turrets.

Thx in advance.

Offline Droid803

Coordinates are Cartesian coordinates referenced to the centerpoint of the model. You know, x/y/z. It works the usual way a Cartesian coordinate system works. Type in new numbers to move it around etc etc.
(Or rather, in PCS2 it's -x,y,z wrt. the FSO engine but don't worry about this except for fvec/uvec and if you're trying to use PCS2 to reference nebula trail origins on a non-symmetric model.)

You don't swap textures. You edit the texture, because you don't work with ****ING TILEMAPS, okay? But to rename textures simply select the texture from the texture list on the left hand side panel, then change the name in the right hand side panel.  :nod:
(´・ω・`)

Offline crizza

I was just musing how to replace the big ugly emitters of a Hecate and her turrets with those shiny emitters and turrets of the Raynor and Titan for a little project of mine...

Offline Droid803

GL GL. :)
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
How to make textures visible in PCS? I mean, how to add path to texture folder properly. I've added a path to my texture folder in Options -> Preferences, but the PCS2 still don't read textures.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Try adding the path to the mod folder, rather than the texture folder.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I've tried with no effect. Changing pathes in PCS' ini file also :(
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Hmm, what format are the textures in?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
In every formats that FSO can read: DDS, TGA, PCX... They worked in the same configuration, in the same folder before my HD crashed 2 weeks ago.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

Guys, any more tips? I really need help with this. It's important :(

Offline Droid803

That just sounds bizzare.
I'd double check all the directory spellings etc.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Meh... For unknown reaons, PCS didn't applied new texture paths. I've readded them. Don't know why it didn't worked before. Thanks for the help.

Offline crizza

I was just musing how to replace the big ugly emitters of a Hecate and her turrets with those shiny emitters and turrets of the Raynor and Titan for a little project of mine...
Still fuddling around...Propblem is, the Titan has several textures for her turrets, while the Hecate...well, she has one texture for all turrets, so swapping textures doesn't work at all...or am I missing something?

Still fuddling around...Problem is, the Titan has several textures for her turrets, while the Hecate...well, she has one texture for all turrets, so swapping textures doesn't work at all...or am I missing something?

Nope, you're not missing anything. If the UV doesn't match, straight-up texture swap won't work. Your only option would be to edit the Hecate textures by pasting the Titan textures over them.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Or copying Titan beam dishes over to the Hecate. If it doesn't fit the mesh too bad, given that the Hecate front dishes are on a curved surface.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline crizza

Or copying Titan beam dishes over to the Hecate. If it doesn't fit the mesh too bad, given that the Hecate front dishes are on a curved surface.
Uh, say what and how?

PCS2 lets you load turrets (and other subobjects, and a whole lot more) from other POFs. For your case, select the subobjects node in the Hecate model, and look for a 'Load' button top-right of the viewport. With that you can load subobjects from the Titan POF.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Re: PCS2 User to User Help
I haven't found mention of how I should name my helper objects when exporting glowpoints from Max to PCS2, and I've tried various different naming methods to no avail. What's the right naming scheme and required hierarchy for them?

Re: PCS2 User to User Help
Probably the easiest way to determine that is to save an existing model in PCS2 with glowpoints in .dae, and then import into max, and look at the layout there.