1. Where the Ravana is mass produced, theres only been one lucifer to date. Perhaps it is a cutting edge peice of shivan technology.
2. If you notice something about Shivan Ships, the more beams they have, the weaker they tend to get against fighters. (accept for the cain, whitch is just weakly plated and expendable). Perhaps the point-and-attack cruiser is meant to dish it out but not take it.
3. To signify what it meant is my opinion, and tell the society that there was just one. The GTVA collossus was the first and last of its kind. Wheras you hear GTD So-and-so, you know it was just one of many destroyers of some unimportant class throught history.
4. Most of them seemed to jump out. Theres no fact on why they did it. Think of something, make a campain about it
5. Remember, Orions have been around for AGES. Perhaps the original build time was longer. But as technology progresses as it allways does, we find ways to get the same product in less time. Hence its possible for ships like the Collossus or Hades to get built in shorter times (in retrospect with Orions of old) pending on when the construction started.
6. Remember, Bosch was an X-GTI Flunkey. He has acess to
of technology. Perhaps advanced miniturisation to be able to run that many beams off a single ship like the Iceni.
7. Arcadias were originally just trade/research/civilian installations.
8. Orion was becoming obsolete, and it didnt have much fighter capacity, as well as AAA defence. smaller vessels were getting more and more deadly, why wouldnt a design to make a warship less susceptable to a bomber raid Not fair well with Terran command? The Orion outgunns the Hecate, yes. But the Hecate has more uses im afraid.
9. Having had dealt with a bunch of physics teachers, perhaps the speed is relative. Plus, it would overwhelm most people to be traveling at how-much hundred thousand Meters per second.
10. Afterburners are for acceleration, im guessing. Get your fighter from Zero to maz in less time, and push it to structural limits.
11. A Lucy Bombardment beam was released some time ago.
12. The Sathanas didnt really need it. And im still thinking the Sathanas wasnt really meant for combat.. Its got way too many blind spots on it where any old ship can bombard it. Try Blue planet.
13. Update situation reports, give early warnings, ect. ect. We dont need to send recon flights /everywhere/
14. I see where your coming from, but, im thinking that for the aquatine, your command is coming from 3rd Fleet HQ and thats a comms officer responsible for opps on missions for that particular destroyer.
15. Send comunicacions? It must have been giving off some... quantum waves or something, and thats how ETAC goes about them speaking, so it must be like modern day comunication satelites, just on a large scale.
16. Once again, the speed may be relative.
17. Im guessing they didnt really care.
18. In the original Freespace: The great war, there were no beam cannons whatsoever. As in the engine didnt have them. Thus, the Lucifer used a 'Shivan Super Laser' witch is that little.. orangey-yellow thing we've all come to dispise for toasting the Galatea. But, Droid did a good thing with that Super Laser in Tides of Darkness and turned it into a sexy beast. Go play.
19. Cant really say.. I have my own theories.
20. I dont think its that they cant. I think they wont. They dont care enough. We were just something insegnificant that they knew they had to clean off their boots sooner or later.