0 (0%)
Bastion dies
3 (5.9%)
Campaign end: Alpha 1 survived
2 (3.9%)
Campaign end: Alpha 1 died
3 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Favorite Cutscene?  (Read 18945 times)

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
In FS2, I didn't complete all of the campaign

wat

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hey, technically you can't since the last mission can always be replayed in the ready room. :P

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
In FS2, I didn't complete all of the campaign

wat

Sorry, I meant : I didn't complete all of the missions in FS2
The fact is that I hate playing in another difficulty of Insane, so, I can restart a mission many times before completing it :P
But.. in some missions, like the first mission of Tag, I find unthinkable that I am flying a very old vessel with no other missiles that those stupid Tag-A !!   :mad2:  so, I play in Very Easy to equilibrate it :p (and to finish this ****ing mission !  ;) )

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah that mission wasn't the best.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yeah that mission wasn't the best.
Yeah, they slave their weapons into the TAG system with no fail-safe? They give you some of the worst fighters in the GTVA, with a Prom R. A ****ing Prom R. A mother****ing Prom R.

So what happens when those two poorly armed and armored craft die? :p
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Oh god that mission was infuriating, especially if you want to keep the Lucidity alive too.
Between ****ty fighter, ****ty weapon, ****ty missiles, and goddamn friendly beam fire....:blah:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Hades

The mission was all sorts of dumb, and really most of it was to specifically use to make the mission hard. :\
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I hate to say it, but I never really had a problem with A Game of TAG. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Me neither, I lurved it.

Except getting friendly fired by your own AAAs.

Offline Hades

That was never really a problem for me.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Me either, although at one stage the mission just didn't progress for me, even after destroying all enemy wings.

That mission is actually deceptively simple even on insane, a lot of players fall foul by being baited out long beyond the AAA range, just try to remember that the Deimos is always going to be more effective on it's broadside and at closer range.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I actually had absolutely no problem with A Game of TAG. Just wasn't one of my favorite missions.

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
That mission is actually deceptively simple even on insane, a lot of players fall foul by being baited out long beyond the AAA range, just try to remember that the Deimos is always going to be more effective on it's broadside and at closer range.

Hehe, the first wave of stupid Basilisk is easy to destroy, but the second wave of 6 Maras (3 attacking alpha 1, 3 attacking alpha 2) is very difficult, because they launch all the missiles they have in their bank ! Anyway, I prefer do it in easy, it protects me from hurting my head with the wall  :D

The mission itself is a typical example of the fs2 campaign though, stupid missions with stupid plot devices to hamper the player and advance the uninvolving story.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
Even I didn't complete all of the fs2 missions, I think I prefer the fs1 campaign, that has a better story.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Even I didn't complete all of the fs2 missions, I think I prefer the fs1 campaign, that has a better story.
IMO the story was more formulaic and straightforward, but much more atmospheric than FS2's.

Cue Battuta.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Me neither, I lurved it.

Except getting friendly fired by your own AAAs.

Hey, me too. :)

I switch to single-fire mode for A Game of TAG, which more or less eliminates the need to rearm.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
IMO the story was more formulaic and straightforward, but much more atmospheric than FS2's.

Cue Battuta.

It was atmospheric in the sense that Mars is atmospheric: it has an atmosphere, but it's not one you want to put up with unless you're a rock.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I found the atmosphere of both games to pick up towards the end of the campaigns. Although FS2 seemed to keep a good atmosphere from the beginning.