Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 905893 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
And where is there a deus ex machina...?

Offline Infamus

it just might have gone well together, as long as the red hand had officially declared that they were the main force of shivans and rightfully dropped the Red Hand tag now that they compose over 80% of all shivan territory, and mellowed down a bit after, but still pissed.

hey you know what, maybe its backwards and there is a small shivan sect who want the religious antics to end and think that this Great Counsel thing is a bunch of stuff and want it too end?

Offline Infamus

bah, nvm about the dues ex. it was a stupid observation

Offline Snail

• SC 5
it just might have gone well together, as long as the red hand had officially declared that they were the main force of shivans and rightfully dropped the Red Hand tag now that they compose over 80% of all shivan territory, and mellowed down a bit after, but still pissed.

hey you know what, maybe its backwards and there is a small shivan sect who want the religious antics to end and think that this Great Counsel thing is a bunch of stuff and want it too end?
This has nothing to do with Blue Planet. You are in the wrong place.

Offline Infamus

i give the story a 8.

edit:
@snail: fine, but i don't like the fact that there isn't at least one voob (veteran who acts crazy or stupid) to clear the atmosphere who doesn't die like a scrub, you need some comic relief, you need some フリクリ
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:48:45 pm by Infamus »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Guys guys I've updated the War in Heaven release post

Blue Planet: War in Heaven
Part 1

"Preemptive strike: don't ask me to DO BETTER I suck at minor details"
"...Sensitives? are you kiding me? OMG BREAK OUT THE TIN FOIL...."
"...oh and what about all of the good people of the GTVA? what happened to the old values? What about all of the awesome good ol' pilots Like DUCKTAPE (if you don't who i am talking about then you aren't a freespacer, LURK MOAR). I firmly believe that High-Comm is filled with a bunch of Second-Incursion space jockey ****ers who just want earth under GTVA rule so they can put the victory on their retirement and their escapade is illegal by old GTA standards and that this ****ing article about illegitimate governments was only in case that earth was ruled by a bunch of ****ing..."
"...I don't feel like editing out my crap so:..."

FEATURES:
  • some of the crew are lesbians
  • have you been watching too much Hollywood? This is so typical Hollywood
  • I need a weapon...
  • dude next time. lay off the cinema and sit with pencil and paper and DO IT YOURSELF
  • kill all of the GTVA while using a bunch of philosophical **** to make excuses
  • What about all of the awesome good ol' pilots Like DUCKTAPE
  • a bunch of ****ing pansies who just frolic about like deer

Infamus, you are my new favorite person. Let's be buddies.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I really didn't know VLS was possible in FSO already like it did in X3. I always thought the missile would just fly, "up, up and away!!!!!" or worse. LOL

Someone said
Spoiler:
that they didn't feel like they were flying as the protagonist. I agree on this somewhat, but since I already take things at third-person perspective quite a bit you could say it simply hit me at a so-called "worse" level than it normally would, if such a level could actually be scaled since both sides of the scale to me are ambiguous. But maybe it helped me with review neutrality? I don't know so I'll just leave it at that I guess.

I should point out that her perfectly normal attitude with the bizarre ability to turn into a stone-cold killer is just... familiar... somewhere. Okay, maybe not at say, Hellstryker's level of familiarity who has a friend or so he said, but it still hit home to me somewhere.

*WTF's at Battuta's post*
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Infamus

@general battuta: HAH HAH HAH THATS TOO FUNNY!

Fine whatever everytime I say something everyone else just uses their position as a excuse to troll, instead of having constructive criticism, and yes most of my post is ****. I'm not a invalid

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Fine whatever everytime I say something everyone else just uses their position as a excuse to troll, instead of having constructive criticism, and yes most of my post is ****. I'm not a invalid

No dude, I actually think you're awesome. Welcome aboard.  ;)

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Can we be friends?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Infamus,

A) I think your review is hilarious.

B) I can actually see where you got some of your points from.

Droid803:

Spoiler:
I could empathize with Sam, but Noemi for me felt...detached and her beliefs were so different. It was certainly interesting watching her realize herself, but I never really felt right flying as her.

That's actually the same way I feel. Well, in regards to the main character anyway. We're just, so, different! Yet, alike in some respects too.

Still, doesn't stop the campaign from being awesome. ;) (purely personal view, and not influenced by being a dev)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I didn't like Sam as much as Laporte.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I didn't like Sam as much as Laporte.

I'm rather torn, there were times where I found Sam to be a somewhat... one dimensional character (Maybe not the best way to put it, but it's 4am!), but generally an overall likeable chap, decent guy. Laporte was a much better written character, but... the viewpoint thing, that and she's vaguely psychopathic.

What really gets me though is
Spoiler:
Why we act as if the Vishnans are good guys. They're meddling bastards who should call off their brothers and stop messing with humanity. What gives them the bloody right? 'Destroy to preserve, you must choose one to survive'. How about we choose to try and reconcile the two peoples, not your arbitrary one or the other choice. The mission with the vasudan logistics  vessel shows that it's possible. God, I really hope the ending to the BP saga has us kicking the arse of the Vishnans Babylon 5 style (If you've watched that series, you'll get what I'm referencing)

Though I know it won't, that's just not even on the cards. It's simply a pipe dream.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
While we want to be really careful not to spoil anything, we can tell you this

1) We have the whole BP story mapped out from its beginning many billion years ago to the end of BP3. There is a bible with answers to all the mysteries.

2) We remain committed to examining every faction in the story ambiguously, including the Vishnans.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
While we want to be really careful not to spoil anything, we can tell you this

1) We have the whole BP story mapped out from its beginning many billion years ago to the end of BP3. There is a bible with answers to all the mysteries.

2) We remain committed to examining every faction in the story ambiguously, including the Vishnans.

Oh, I know, I've had private conversations with both you and The_E about the storyline. I know roughly where you going with that whole thing. It's just not exactly where I would take it.

Megaspoilers here guise, this is pretty much for Batts eyes only - actually, I won't post it, if Batts wants to hit me up for what I remember from the conversations on IRC, just PM me :P
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
[quote author=asyikarea51 link=topic=70746.msg1399971#msg1399971 date=128132210
Okay, maybe not at say, Hellstryker's level of familiarity who has a friend or so he said, but it still hit home to me somewhere.
[/quote]

Wasn't talking about Laporte, I was talking about Simms.

Offline Infamus

:bump:

it might be good for Another Day.

but sure. i can help. i have a knack for placement and minor details if i am provided with something to go off of, but i would prefer to "be" one of the "new recruits" with a thing for antics and American Patriotism

oh yeah some good quotes:

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/winston_churchill.html

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_s_patton.html

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/john_f_kennedy.html

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/ronald_reagan.html

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Ernest Hemingway

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Sun Tzu

Every Soldier worth his salt should be anti-war, but there are some things still worth fighting for.
I forgot

Ride on Shooting star! - you figure it out

edit: wow 7 posts before mine?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:32:58 pm by Infamus »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What the--

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
@ Hellstryker

Sorry, I got confused then.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Infamus

FU- BBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA HAHAHHEHEHHAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did i forget to mention i am insane?

[attachment deleted by ninja]