Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 905930 times)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Metaldestroyer: I'm sorry, but that tbm of yours will NOT be part of BP2. As you can see, you are losing the message senders, which is absolutely unacceptable for us. There's a code bug at work here which we'll have to track down and fix.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I've just notice it :) That's fine if you don't include the tbm. However, what does happen if you use the 3.6.13 build ? the one for the new HUD Code ?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I've just notice it :) That's fine if you don't include the tbm. However, what does happen if you use the 3.6.13 build ? the one for the new HUD Code ?

It looks awesome though. I love your FOV. Everything looks huge.

Shame about the bug, but otherwise great work.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I'm a fair bit through the campaign, and I absolutely love it.  The expansive, exquisitely detailed setting and the brilliant writing and dialogue combine to elevate this from merely campaign to cinematic experience of epic proportions.  While the dialogue itself can be cluttered sometimes in mid-dogfight (which is as far as I can tell completely unavoidable without fundamentally changing the structure of several missions), most of it is easily understood.  At several points in mid-mission, specifically during the interactive conversations, I actually feel like a pilot caught up in the wheels of interstellar machinations, forced to watch as the void burns, fire and death but a moment away.

Congratulations, BP team, on a masterpiece of storytelling.

Spoiler:
And I lol'd hard at the kitten picture. :lol:

I wonder who else took the time to scan all the cargo units in the "nebula."  Targetting them in order yields a very interesting piece of information.

Offline -Sara-

I don't post here often at all, but I felt I really needed to. The least expected thing happened, a space shooter made me sobby, or atleast gave me a runny nose and a trembling lip! This isn't just a campaign, this is an interactive novel and the best interactive novel I have ever played.

Spoiler:
The ending really was sad but very deep. I hope that Simms pulls through, but I got this gut feeling that she may not be as lucky and serves as a catalyst for Laporte's apparant transformation. I'm guessing she is a counterbalance for Bei. The hints at a romance or otherwise deep bond between the two really added a lot to the experience, allowing for the Laporte character to become immersive for the player along with the struggle between following her moral instinct and her emotional instinct. Atleast, at some point I started to really get into the character. I'm guessins Laporte's love for Simms comes from the comfort of having guidance: someone to keep her on a straight path and to keep her moral views from turning blurry with bloodlust. In difficult times that can be more than enough to love someone, without needing butterflies or schoolgirly giggles. Without Simms support, well, I dare not imagine what an abyss Laporte would tumble into...

Really, really great work. You really made my day. Looking forward to the next part!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:21:17 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Thank you for those kind words. It's the kind of reaction we hoped for, and we're glad to see that it "clicked" in that way for at least a few people out there.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Betrayal are you stuck on m08?  :nervous:

Also I think someone on freespace.pl is missing the AoA patch or doesn't have the mediavps in mediavps_3612.
No matther what I will do, I always fail. Can someone explain me, how to notch that?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Betrayal are you stuck on m08?  :nervous:

Also I think someone on freespace.pl is missing the AoA patch or doesn't have the mediavps in mediavps_3612.
No matther what I will do, I always fail. Can someone explain me, how to notch that?

Spoiler:
Are we talking fail the dialogue, or the dogfight afterwards?

If it's the dogfight, just take the cheap tactic and run away until the gunships arrive. You can survive the dogfight by just evading a lot if you prefer to stay and fight.

If the conversation, go back and read the last briefing stage, and then try to apply that. If it's not working for you, let me know and I'll give a better hint. Sorry it's frustrating.

Absolutely brilliant work!

Spoiler:
Kittens!

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken