Author Topic: drone01.pof  (Read 3699 times)

Online Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I was showing my dad FS yesterday, so I fired up the third training mission to fight some drones. When it warped in, the drone began gyrating wildly, often turning 90 degrees or more instantly, sometimes spinning at rates I can only assume to be in excess of 60-70 rotations per second. I had a look at the pof, and found that its mass was about an order of magnitude greater than the retail model's, and its moment of inertia was about five orders of magnitude less. :wtf:

Upon using the retail values the problem was corrected.

I don't have access to the fixed pof atm, but fixing it is as simple as copy and paste. Can someone do that pl0x? Also, we should make sure all the HTLs have the same mass and moment of inertia values as the retail pofs.

Offline Kolgena

Rather, I think we need to increase the mass of the colossus by 20x, and decrease its MOI by 10x.

More seriously though, I'm surprised at how this might have happened. I doubt the drone's pof has been touched for a couple of mediavp generations.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Rather, I think we need to increase the mass of the colossus by 20x, and decrease its MOI by 10x.

More seriously though, I'm surprised at how this might have happened. I doubt the drone's pof has been touched for a couple of mediavp generations.
I'm sure it has. A lot of non-visual work is done to the pofs in between mediavp generations.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
and almost everybody skips the training missions
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Not those of us who are slightly obsessive-compulsive.  I want my wings, dammit. :p

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
More importantly, you want to qualify for the TSM-103 series of training modules for the Myrmidon Space Superiority Fighter.™
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Aardwolf

More importantly, you want to qualify for the TSM-103 series of training modules for the Myrmidon Space Superiority Fighter.™

Nah, it's all about the medals chest.

I usually skip all but the 3rd training mission :lol:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Ooh...I hadn't thought of doing it that way. :yes:

Online Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
srsly? 1st and 2nd training missions are booooooooring. At least in the 3rd you get to fight drones. (And I usually hax0r the tables so they're hard to take down :P)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Well yeah, they're boring, but I usually just tough it out for immersion's sake. :p

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Weird. The MVP drone didn't have the same values as the one I initially released, but neither set of values were retail. Usually I copy-paste all that stuff. :\

Oh well. Fix0red in SVN.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Kolgena

I've always wondered: What's SVN?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I've always wondered: What's SVN?
Subversion control. It's sort of like an FTP server except changes can be tracked and files updated much more easily.

Offline Aardwolf

Plus there's "Blame", "patch", and all that jazz.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Plus there's "Blame", "patch", and all that jazz.
Yeah, that too.