Author Topic: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)  (Read 106878 times)

Re: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)
Nova released.  The Phantom is a few down and will require a makeover.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
For some reason, you designated the Nova as a Strike Cruiser. The only thing that would support that designation is the number of CSM launchers. Other than that, it's small (about 1000m long) and has a rather weak secondary armament (with on Plasma turret, a few Particle ones and no Tachyons). I'd make it a Heavy Destroyer or a Light Crusier.
Also, the two Stormfire turrets on the "neck" are placed a bit strangely. And the main turret firepoints are off.

Oh, I just copied and pasted the Aurora's table  :p  I'll leave the detail spec's to whoever wants to use the models.

I got the feeling from how the engines are laid out that it should be fast.  It's a bit shorter, but I think it has more mass than the Aurora and definitely smaller than the Essex.  And surprisingly, it has more secondaries than the Aurora.  There's four tachyons, the center turrets on the four engine pods.  There should probably be one under the hanger, but the hanger floor is a bit too low to hide the internals of the turret.

1 heavy plasma
2 heavy particle
2 csm
2 missile launchers
4 tachyon
15 lasers
3 stormfires

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
There are indeed Tachyons on the bottom of the pods, but it's still lighter than the Aurora, which, while it has less secondary turrets, has 2 heavy plasma cannons and more anti-ship armament.

Well then it's a light version  :)

Banshee released.  (not the wc4 version)

Apparently my capship texture tile size changed sometime ago.  I had to go back and update some of the models textures.  The actual pof file wasn't modified, it was 100x easier just to resize the texture tile than reuvmap it all. 

The following models have updated textures:
Athena
Aurora
Enterprise
Essex
Formidable
Gallileo
Jutland
Lancer
Liberty
Nimitz
Nova

hopefully that's all of them, the other capships matched up with the Ajax tile size.

Olympia added to the list

Pegasus added

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Firingpoints on it's bottom turrets are misplaced. Medusa and Hwatcha have the same problem (I'd suggest checking all ships with this particular turret model).
Also, the Hunter still has a texture error on it's front antennae. It'd be great if you could fix it.

Firingpoints on it's bottom turrets are misplaced. Medusa and Hwatcha have the same problem (I'd suggest checking all ships with this particular turret model).
Also, the Hunter still has a texture error on it's front antennae. It'd be great if you could fix it.

I think I see the problem.  You mean the turrets aren't firing from the barrel just offset?

Uploaded again.  Did that solve the problem?  If so I'll go back and fix the others with that turret.
(Also I fixed a few other issues with the pof/table)

Sort personal rate to no-one.  I just noticed I started working on this model back in 2/19/11... a whole flipping year ago, I thought i was working on it just a few months ago... where the heck does time go?  :mad:  :lol:

hey scooby, what's the status on the awesome Vampire, Kris and Stiletto fighters? i'm just itching to fly these beauties ;-)

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Well, Scooby, technically a year just consists of "a few months". :D
The bad news is: Time seems to speed up the older you get. Shortly after my 28th birthday I met an old friend from school and he said "Man, we haven't met for some time, that must be 2 years or so" and (after I finally remembered his name) I realized that I last met him almost eight years ago... My Grandma swears that time is running at a factor of 4 now, compared to the 1950s.

So things are getting worse in general, but the good news is: Your models get even better than they already were!
Can you post some screenshots again when you complete new versions of your ships? Pleeaaase!!!
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Well, Scooby, technically a year just consists of "a few months". :D
The bad news is: Time seems to speed up the older you get. Shortly after my 28th birthday I met an old friend from school and he said "Man, we haven't met for some time, that must be 2 years or so" and (after I finally remembered his name) I realized that I last met him almost eight years ago... My Grandma swears that time is running at a factor of 4 now, compared to the 1950s.
LOL I just turned 38 last week.  :p

So things are getting worse in general, but the good news is: Your models get even better than they already were!
Can you post some screenshots again when you complete new versions of your ships? Pleeaaase!!!
What do you mean?  In-game screenshots or rendered ones? The rendered ones go on the firset page of this thread and the WIP pictures go in my Upcoming models thread.

hey scooby, what's the status on the awesome Vampire, Kris and Stiletto fighters? i'm just itching to fly these beauties ;-)

Vampire's a long ways away, the Kris is even farther away, the Stiletto is going on the list, so I'm working on the "p"'s right now

edit: oh wait... you mean the Kris, not K'riska... whole different ship. The Kris may appear sometime "soon". I'm trying to upgrade one old ship, then finished one of the newer ones, then upgrade the next old ship.... repeat
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:12:54 pm by Scooby_Doo »

neato! thanks for the info man :-) gonna look forward to it

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
@Scooby: Well, if you are 38 already that explains why it seems to me that you are working very fast! You've adapted to the speed your time runs, and since it runs roughly 30% faster than mine does your apparent speed observed from my position is really high!  :D

As for the screenshots: Any type of screenshot showing what you are doing with your ships presently is great for me. :)

Btw: Have you ever thought of doing a WC2 Broadsword? That one would look totally badass when "scoobyfied" I think., perhaps a bit slimmer in the vertical axis than the one Howard Day did.... (Just an idea, not really a request. It is just that I don't like the WC2 designs that much except the versions you did :)  My dream: All WC ships scoobyfied so finally everything fits together in the WC-universe)
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."