Author Topic: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)  (Read 106876 times)

Re: Christmas 2010 Model Re-release (image heavy)
Yup it's the base texture color, the left side is a bit darker than the right side.  It's not normally noticeable if you go from left to right or right to left, but when you immediately jump from one side to the other it's obvious.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
The color's different on various fighters. Epee has red/green, Sabre has a dark turquoise, Thud has purple, and Excalibur has red go-faster stripes.

And who can forget the famous "bright green + French flag" coloration of the Broadsword?  :p

So there's canon precedent for varying hues. Not a problem.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Also I've fixed a couple of things, and realized one of my fixes broke other things (don't worry that only effects the source files not the dds)  Basically there's two big groups "bumped"  and "nonbumped", unfortunately automation doesn't know "bumped" rather "layer 123" which tends to differ from texture to texture.. ugh. I'll just have to do it manually.

Improved the shine map, I just opted to use the one that was used for saga rather than the colorful placeholder one I made.  Normal mapping also got improved, more details are now actually visibility bumped. Those two were easy compared to the problem.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:54:24 am by Scooby_Doo »

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Seagull and Seahawk have been added to the list finally.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You can't believe how long I waited for that. :) What's in the pipeline now? Shrike?

Yup, it's been sitting here for a long time now.  Not exactly sure how to do to the thrusters on it

Edit: I take that back.... Deathsnake is still waiting for the broadsword, so I better get that done first LOL
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:03:43 pm by Scooby_Doo »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Will you release it once it's done? It's my favorite bomber. :)

You'll have to talk to Deathsnake about that.  But once he's done with his mod it would have to be released.

Shrike's added to the list.   :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Did you do a ferret? I lost track of it all.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

That was released with Saga.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
That was released with Saga.

The one with the missing polies?
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Ya, I'm not sure why it's disappearing, it's all there in the model.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Maybe try reconverting it from DAE with the latest PCS, if you still have the DAE. I've heard (in that very thread, no less) it was an occasional error in older versions of PCS2.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I've found a bug in the Shrike. The front of the Stormfire is untextured. Also, do you think you could fit the 3rd Mass Driver beside the Stormfire, much like you did with Piranha? I think that would look nice.

I've found a bug in the Shrike. The front of the Stormfire is untextured. Also, do you think you could fit the 3rd Mass Driver beside the Stormfire, much like you did with Piranha? I think that would look nice.

Fixed and added your suggestion, that solves the placement of the third cannon.  Also there may be more models that have the missing texture on the stormfire.  It looks like it was from several years ago so the original problem may have been solved, but not all it's descendants.  Dunno, it was just a texture number got changed (submaterial 3 instead of sub 1)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:24:18 am by Scooby_Doo »

Spectre added to the list.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Great work. :) Are you going to work on Stalker now? Also, when are you gonna tackle the Hornet? I'll be the last fighter needed for a full WC1 lineup (shame you aren't doing WC1 capships, too).

Next up is Aldo's Scimitar, then the stalker.   The scimitar just needs uv and painting.   The stalker on the other hand needs a massive makeover, it's a very old model.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Another Scimitar? Who would fly this thing? :) I've had my share of Scimitar flying in WC1.
EDIT: Just realized which Scimitar you were talking about. Changed my mind, can't wait for it. :)