Author Topic: GTB Artemis  (Read 64757 times)

Offline Sab0o

I'm planning on finishing this damn thing and no furhter at the moment.

edit: update: Debris and LODs are pretty much done. Just need to add insignia, which shouldn't take long at all, and I'm done.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:33:38 pm by Sab0o »

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
The Inferno Team uses VizUp for LOD creation; how do you make your LODs?

Offline Sab0o

By deleting things manually. Did you get my PM?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
By deleting things manually. Did you get my PM?

You should check out VizUp; I believe there's a lite version.

I have received your PMs but have not yet started playing around w/ the textures yet.

Sab0o, if you're at it, you could try some retexturing, and give us the old Hydra back! I'm attaching the files now
http://www.mediafire.com/?a5de1m19v8t9rrj

Offline Sab0o

Here's my start on the D.H. and comparisons with the current retail model and MVP texture (normal maps off)
Darker parts are where greebles/bare engine will be. Not quite sure how to execute at this point. Probably lots of normal mappage.

ktistai228:
maybe at some point, seems easy enough.

Sab0o, if you're at it, you could try some retexturing, and give us the old Hydra back! I'm attaching the files now

I believe the Hydra should use whatever texture Sab0o comes up with for the D.H.  Also, the original texture of Hydra look pretty dated IMO.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

I believe the Hydra should use whatever texture Sab0o comes up with for the D.H.  Also, the original texture of Hydra look pretty dated IMO.

Which is probably why they were removed from the (first) SCP re-release of Derelict.

Which is probably why they were removed from the (first) SCP re-release of Derelict.

I agree, that most likely was the reason.  I've always thought of the Hydra as an improved version of the D.H.  This is the reason why I believe they should share the same texture.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I've always thought of the Hydra as the mass production version of the D.H., seeing as "Artemis D.H." ain't much of a name :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

A little bit of a history lesson. That Hydra I attached was in the original Derelict. At one point, when FSCRP got around remaking it, they though the Hydra reskin was kinda outdated, and just took it out. I asked Sab0o to update it based on his new model, because I'd find it cooler to have reskin as a Hydra than a table hack.

Offline Sab0o

I think I'll start UV mapping soon. I'm taking this a lot slower if you haven't noticed.

Offline Kolgena

I'm not so sure I like the cut-outs on the rear fins.

I suspect smoothing errors in that last screenshot on the greeble panel near the engine exhaust, but I could be wrong.

Otherwise, looking good.

Offline Sab0o

I'm not so sure I like the cut-outs on the rear fins.
They're where the purewhite bits are on the fins of the current version, lights. I'm quite confident I can make them look good. Might change the geometry a little.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Looking good so far.

Offline Sab0o

Here's some progress, not really sure how good this looks.
Give me some words

P.S. I'm doing this texture at 2048^2, because my computer can actually handle it.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I think it's looking good so far.

You could probably do with some less panels (imagine having to assemble it), but it's looking very good overall :yes:

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
less panels on the green part and i think in the black panels should look like a naked motorcycle (with all internals showed)... However, great job!!
you're awesome!
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Kolgena

Some of those white parts could flow better with the rest of the green panels. Most noticeably, on the top of the fuselage, it looks like someone took white pads and glued them over the surface.

Otherwise, looks really really good. I do wonder if you'll keep the missile tubes gold though. It might look slytherin stylin' with silver, but gold wouldn't look bad either.