Author Topic: GTB Artemis  (Read 64755 times)

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Steam
That would be contradicting canon quite heavily :-/ Most differences is in the inside, the outside should look more or less the same.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
We should make all upgrades as close as we can to the vanilla ships.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

True. To a point. The basic geometry (and ESPECIALLY the dimensions) should match as closely as possible.

Within those constraints (and an attempt to maintain immediate (if upgraded) means to identify the ship in question), I think one should feel free to explore avenues. Elements from concept art (as a canon source) is good.

But saying "Make it Vanilla, only Better" is sort of a mixed bag if it has to end-result look JUST like the Vanilla.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
Personally I think the cockpit glass is too round atm... should be narrower, more pointed.  I like that about the original Artemis, but the rest of your model is flippin' sexy. 

Keep up the good work!
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Kolgena

It's already UV'd and mostly textured, so I'm not sure if it's possible to consider such a change at this point. At least, bubble glass will result in less artifacts than pointy glass in TrackIR view, I imagine.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Bubble glass is fine, IMHO.  It's an exercise of creativity that is welcomed on this mesh.

-R

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Bloody mother****ing awesome. Profanity necessary.

Offline Sab0o

Aah, my shine map method is crap, I've just realised. Will fix and post some more after I eat something.

EDIT:

Aye, that's a bit better.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:20:05 pm by Sab0o »

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Bloody mother****ing awesome. Profanity necessary.

QFT
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Kolgena

Still looks like laminated paper mache, but at this point, I don't care if it does. I'll write it off as some new gen ablative armor or something. I want this in-game, like, now.

One minor gripe: Plates on the neck/head look reptilian, and the belly is very turtle-like.

Actually, another thing that you might want to consider: This Artemis (in its current state) will be the only HTL fighter so far that has no glow maps (except in the cockpit). It'll probably look fine without them, but in-game, it can be useful to stick something on them so that they're not invisible when lighting is low. Of course, I have no idea if that's already planned or what, but just judging by the diffuse, I'm not seeing spots that could have something mapped to -glow.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:49:41 pm by Kolgena »

Offline Sab0o

Snail, Ravenholme, Thanks.

Kolgena, thanks. :P You can stop being so picky now. While your input is good, I think this is a little much.

Offline Kolgena

Like I said, minor gripe :P I could care less if you don't change those things.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Dear Sab0o,

:yes: :yes: :yes:

-INFTeam

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Gold missiles make it look like a pimped up Artemis. :lol: :yes:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm really digging that detail work on the main body.  The bottom does kind of look like a turtle, but it's like a radical Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, so it's all good. :yes:

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
Okay I don't care about the cockpit now.  That's frakking awesome.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
One minor gripe: Plates on the neck/head look reptilian, and the belly is very turtle-like.

Quote from: Fury on IRC 05:23
lol, artemis got abs! http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8171/underbow.jpg

Holy....  :eek:
If I'd be a girl I'd ask you to marry me :lol:. But no luck dude :pimp:
Still, looking fabulous!