Author Topic: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil!  (Read 69799 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil! Now with 100% more Dungeon Masters.
*rodo ignores all the fuzz about buzz

We should check in with the Captain of the guard in town, he should probably know where this Jaroo.

But, I agree with Lessiah my feet are soaring because of draggin' t'is heavy armor all the way, we should probably rest a few hours at the inn.

[thinking] Next thing I'm buying is a horse [/thinking]
el hombre vicio...

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Re: Let's Play: The Temple of Elemental Evil! Now with 100% more Dungeon Masters.

And last but not least, the loli with a hammer.

This is a loli with a hammer.

Kidding. Enjoy yer adventure and let it be profitable!
Habeeb it...

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
You all meet at a head off to the inn.

The moment Lessiah steps in, she gets hit on by a drunken local.

Thog and Laster find ale and information, but can only afford the ale.

Hate to say this, but you guys are broke.  The cost of the inn room + food will completely bankrupt you all.

Elladan manages to get some information from one of the bargoers.

…And, here’s our free inn room.

…Oh wait, we’re broke, aren’t we?  :(

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
*rodd checks his gold bag, a moth flies out

[thinks]
maybe I should sell my Official Sacred Heironeous underwear, after all I paid a lot for them a few years back, it's meant to be valuable.
I wonder if this guy will take it?

[/thinks]

*rodd pulls it's pants down just a bit so the weird man gets a peek

[whispers]
Will you take these official sacred Heironeous underware as payment, I paid 20 gp last year for them.
[/whispers]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 04:59:24 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

[in-character]Great job buying all that ale you monkey-blooded simpletons.  I haven't gotten any and now we're out of money to catch that gambling cheat with!  We better clear out the moathouse of any forces of evil hiding in there and take their loot as reward for a job well done so we can catch that cheat in the act.[/in-character]
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Lester: Simpleton? You're the elvish three-quarter wit that would be next to useless if not for the saving graces of muscle. Learn how to impale a kobol on a spike of energy and then you can call me a simpleton.

*enjoys ale

(ooc: can we have character names in posts for a little while so I don't keep having to look up who you all are? :p)

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
[In-Character]Thog like Ale! *Hic* [/In-Character]

*quaffs ale*

[In-Character] Thog not simpleton! Thog DRUMMER!

*quaffs more ale*

[In-Character]Thog want drum! Thog drum on hoatmouse peeples![/incharacter]

Whoo! Successfully completed the Quest-for-Ale! Let's go to the next quest!
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
It’s decided!  The party sets out towards the moathouse in search of loot and experience.

Rodd figures that it might be a good idea to heal his broken nose with a spell.

As it so happens, good-aligned clerics can turn any spell they have prepared into a healing spell.  I’ll explain more about how spell preparation works later on.

Level 0 ‘cantrip’ spells as a rule are less-then-useful, so the party’s still good to go despite having used up a couple of spells beforehand.

The world map!

Suddenly, a wild bard appears!

This is an example of a random encounter that can occur when traveling.  The encounter is usually a hostile one.  In this case, it’s a friendly elven bard.

Bard meets bard.

After a short conversation, our heroes continue on their journey.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
[GM Log]

And I was so hoping to get a combat encounter out of creepy drunk dude. Next time, hit on the Halfling instead.

The group was insistent about not meeting at an inn this time, but I got them in one anyways! Then they spent all their money. Op success.

They tried to recruit an NPC, twice. This is going to be terrible enough already with eight people under direct player management. I forbid it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
* Lessiah says a silent prayer for Zaxis and Ima.
Poor fellow, searching the land for his lost sister.
* Lessiah turns her thoughts back to the moathouse, and her face brightens.
Come on, Thog! Mystery awaits!
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
*rodd listens conversation

Half elven?... pfff, he seems pretty much complete if you ask me.

el hombre vicio...

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
After three hours of hiking through swamp and bog, while fending off giant mosquitoes and creepers, all while cutting through vines and overgrowth, our heroes finally arrive.

One never know what might jump out of the water to eat our intrepid travelers.  Like, say, this giant frog.

The frog charges at Elladan, obscuring the camera with a conjured tree.

Fighters have a LOT of combat options in this game.  They have more combat options at level 1 then some RPG’s provide to endgame characters.

However, Single Attack, Full Attack, Charge Attack, and Move are the four main options at this stage of the game.

Single attack is pretty much what it says on the tin.

Full attack:  If you have multiple attacks per turn, this will let you make use of them all.  However, this is a full-round action, meaning you can’t move beforehand.

Charge Attack:  Single Attack + Movement, combined into one.  Gives a +2 to your attack roll, but you can only charge in a straight, unobstructed line.

Move:  Allows you to, well, move.  Uses up the movement portion of your turn.

Lyndus starts the battle off with a charge attack.  Her hammer bounces harmlessly off of the fat frog.

Thog has even worse luck.

…Hang on, why is Thog getting an armor penalty?  Bards should have light armor proficiency.  Will have to look into this once the battle ends.

A hit!  Yes!  Too bad the thing still has 14 HP remaining.

Two critical failures in the same turn.  What is this?

Our two mages are up next.  Magic Missile, thankfully, is a guaranteed hit.

Damage is light, but that’s more then what can be said of most of our group.

The frog tries to snatch Rodd up with its long, sticky tongue, but instead manages to tangle up its own tongue.

Rodd runs –past- the frog so he can get behind the thing.  Unfortunately, running past an enemy in melee carries a significant penalty in this game.

Fortunately, the frog is rather tongue-tied at the moment.

The following is a prime example of how NOT to fight.  At least Lyndus managed a hit.

It’s official.  The dice are trying to kill me.

Elladian drives his blade into the frog, nearly cutting it in two, ending the battle, and spraying frog goo all over the place.  Everyone earns 22 xp for the terrible encounter.  Only 978 xp left until next level!

Now that the battle is over, let’s take a closer look at what is causing Thog’s penalty.

Oh, this would explain it.  I was under the impression Hide Armor was light armor.

Fortunately, Thog has a spare set of clothes in his bag.

Somehow, despite all of this, the party remained at full HP, and thus is still in good condition to continue.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I got left out..... :(
Oh, the cruelest of fates!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
GM Log

Today, the party was attacked by a giant frog. The important thing was that with all eight of them, and this really tickles me, had trouble killing it. No, I don't get it either. My first party had six and managed to take down a White Dragon lo those eons ago in AD&D, but this collection of yahoos can't handle a Giant Frog. Lady Luck and Admiral Awesome had simply deserted the room. The dice betrayed their masters.

If this keeps up I may have to make revisions. Again.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Since I had nothing better to do, I made a ToEE portrait pack

http://www.mediafire.com/?o99omoqobqq55

For everoyne who plaing on playing ToEE themselves...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:28:11 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

[Elladan]I search the remains of the clearly evil frog for loot.[/Elladan]
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
GM Log

*rodd hears some distant voice coming from the sky

Heironeous is that you?

I swear I did my best, that frog was too sloppy!

el hombre vicio...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Dear diary

Today my new found companions (who are these people anyway?) encountered a giant fluffy squirrel (or it could be a frog, I forgot) and did battle with it. It was a really entertaining sight, like a bunch of clowns they charged on the purple porcupine frog and bounced off on it. Nearly hitting themselves in the process. The frog's tongue in the meantime got all tangled up. It was like one of those funny stories bards tell to childeren.
I think I accidently did something magical as I was laughing...
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
[Elladan]I search the remains of the clearly evil frog for loot.[/Elladan]

Do tell, what kind of loot were you expecting the frog to have?

It's a frog.  It doesn't come wearing expensive jewelry, with a big coin sack tied to it.  (And if it was, it would have a owner that would object to you robbing it.)

*Elladan complains to the GM about loot drop rates.