Author Topic: Home One  (Read 53116 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Kind of looks like Gene Roddenberry's B-17.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

I find it looks like the Braha'tok. :)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ok, in the p3d it does, but in that black and white shot it's awfully fuzzy.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

So we have a Star Wars show here in Edmonton. I was really pumped to go and photograph the Home One. Unfortunately,the closest ship model had was this was the Liberty. That's really cool, of course, but I was a bit disappointed. Plus, all my photographs are really blurry because my aperture isn't big enough. I wonder what happened to the Home One? Maybe it's broken or something.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I've updated the model a bit.

http://p3d.in/5OQpe

Offline newman

So we have a Star Wars show here in Edmonton. I was really pumped to go and photograph the Home One. Unfortunately,the closest ship model had was this was the Liberty. That's really cool, of course, but I was a bit disappointed. Plus, all my photographs are really blurry because my aperture isn't big enough. I wonder what happened to the Home One? Maybe it's broken or something.

That's pretty cool. BTW all your shots will be blurry in such low light condition regardless of your aperture. Image stabilization such as Canon likes to put in their objective lenses helps a lot, but a tripod can be a cheap and reliable method for this.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Tripods weren't allowed in the gallery, and my camera doesn't have stabilization. Since I couldn't make my aperture any bigger (to allow more light in), I had to decrease my shutter speed.

Offline newman

Ah, fair enough. The kind of situation where you need at least a second of exposition time so you try to hold your breath to get it as sharp as you can. Been there :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Here's an update:

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline rhettro

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Love it.  Looking at the model in P3D though, from the rear, and it seems there's a seam visible only on one side.

Seam

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Great to see your progress on this.  Looks amazing, keep it up.

Love it.  Looking at the model in P3D though, from the rear, and it seems there's a seam visible only on one side.

Seam

Noted

:bump:

I've started working on the engines. Right now they're a bunch of pipes and a few boxes. I expect the finished result will be even more pipes and boxes. Thoughts and comments are always welcome.

Here are some more shots, with a dreadnought for comparison.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Nifty! :yes:

You've probably noticed, but the port side hangars have some little glitches at their edges.

Nope, I didn't notice the glitch.

Nice gold star, by the way.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
Looking good bobbtmann

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Hot damn that's a big ship.  Looks awesome!

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Nice gold star, by the way.

Yeah, what the heck is that supposed to be? :doubt: