Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 612097 times)

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - I just picked up my first new ship, a Sonora freighter.  I still have not strayed much from the Texas system, other than doing specific cargo runs, but after a few more upgrades I might start straying farther from "home". 

Having a blast with this!  First time since Battlefield 3 that I paid more than $20 for a game, and no regrets whatsoever.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Once you get enough afterburner that you can decide combat is over and you'd like to leave, the game becomes much nicer.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Yeah, in general running away is always an option, even with slower ships like the Durston.
I kept the starting afterburner for a while since it has basically no power draw but I now got the one with better accelleration and max speed to see how it performs. Unfortunately I haven't had time to play since then. :(
Also the Coyote with a mix of Photon (2) and Autocannons (4) seems to be ideal for most fights, basically no power draw and heavily shielded enemies in some story missions are much less of an issue.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:55:34 am by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I do a LOT of this as I venture away from Texas:

Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

... So there I was, just narrowly escaped disaster, crash-landed(?) on an alien world.

In every direction, as far as I could see, ocean. Except for to the west, that was where the smoking hulk of the starship came to rest.

And here I am, completely alone. Above: nothing. Below: darkness and monsters from my nightmares...

I just finished Subnautica, and I would say it's easily the best exploration game I've ever played.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The cyclops is my home from home....was, my home from home until it became my tomb.

(fire extinguishers are mandatory not recommended equipment 😂😂)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I just finished Subnautica, and I would say it's easily the best exploration game I've ever played.

Same. For me it was the best single player experience I had in the last couple of years. Looking forward to the arctic expansion next year.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Following the fact that my potential Borderlands 3 coop partner has gone for a PC version, I pulled the trigger on a Epic Game Store Account and am now going to play Metro Exodus (as soon as I have wrapped work on at least one of my FS2 Anniversary projects).
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I do a LOT of this as I venture away from Texas:

Yep, I did that a lot of that too until I got the Coyote (well, I still do when I just want to get from A to B and none of the "gaggle of ****heads" has a bounty), and it's a surprisingly reliable strategy even in the slowpoke Durston (though it can hold its own surprisingly well, just don't do mercenary missions with it but it can deal with almost any pirate ambush if fully kitted out) with the basic afterburner if you remember to dump all the energy to engines and have a good powerplant/shields combo.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
A little bit late, but on Sunday I played the Modern Warfare beta for a few hours, and oh boy did it feel good. It reminded me of of the fun I had with Black Ops 2 (Ghosts just wasn't fun, I stopped with the series after that). Definitely a breath of fresh air that CoD needed.

However, 80$ is a bit too much for my spending taste, so probably going to wait for it to go on sale in the future (unless more Stellaris DLC comes out :p).

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
:bump:

Juggling mainly between Forza Horizon 4, Forza Street, Asphalt 8: Airborne and OpenRCT2 on my PC.
Mainly playing Legendary: Game of Heroes on my phone, with occasional drop-ins to Dashy Crashy, Egg, Inc., Pokemon GO and BitCity.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Return Fire.  Oldie but very goodie.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Finished Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PC) bonus levels, achievements and all but the skill pointd of 2 and 3 because sure as hell I won’t ever repeat those races and skate board stages more times than I have to.

Also I played a free game on Steam: Princess Remedy in a Wolrd of Hurt.
A very short game that wouldn’t have been out of place on a Gameboy, it’s an overhead shmup with a Zelda-style overworld.
The game has a very tongue-in-cheek tone, whn you win and become queen you can choose who to marry among the people you’ve healed and of course I went with “some girl”. No really, there is a NPC named “some girl”.

I’m also attempting again to play Everspace (PC)
This time I played on easy and it’s much more bearable, if anything for the fact that you have much more time to explore and gather resources.
Is it me or I’m more interested in the “encounters” from the DLC than the main story?
Anyway I’ve finally beaten sector 7 and now it starts the relatively low stakes part now that the main mystery (which wasn’t that much of a mystery) is solved.
Still, on easy the RNG crap is much less annoying which makes the game fun even for the non hardcore like me.
Oh, you’ll still die a lot but almost never before finishing sector 2 because the game decided to utterly starve you of resources. Yes, technically you get less money but I ended up getting much more money in every single run because I tend to get much further even if I got only twice to sector 7 until now.
There is still the possibility I’ll switch to the other difficulty levels once I find the right glyphs since they have higher blueprint drops.

Offline gershwi

I found the Another Eden on Apknite and started playing it a couple weeks ago and I have really been enjoying it. The world-building is done better than any movie game that I have played. You totally don't have to pay even if you want to find joy in the game. It plays like a single-player J-RPG with great controls for phone control. Definitely worth checking out.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.wfs.anothereden

Last week, I played my first ever session of D&D. It was our DM's first ever session too.

My fighter botched his first ever investigation check, so didn't see the goblin ambush coming, then botched initiative. If our bard didn't crush rolling sleep, we might have wiped in our first encounter of our first game.

10/10 would fight gobbies again.

Actually we kind of need to stage a daring rescue mission in their warren...

Well, at least you didn't punch some random guy to death in a tavern...

My Whisper Bard keeps having Nat. 20 rolls for doing all sorts of sick stunts. My introduction was a Nat.20 on Performance with a Dulcimer in a Tavern.

And in the latest session I rolled a Nat. 20 while doing a flip off a tower to reach an injuried team mate to heal them. And I did quite a few sick flips.

Offline 0rph3u5

Star Wars Dark Souls aka Jedi Fallen Order
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Star Wars Dark Souls aka Jedi Fallen Order

I like the sound of that. How is the game?

Offline 0rph3u5

It puts my ps4 through its paces... animation seems a little stiff at times (its the hips) but good looking and detailled.

So far it works like someone took the platforming from the most recent Tomb Raider, the swordplay and parry from Sekiro (but more with a focus on making you look awesome, instead of giving you sense of difficulty) and some puzzle elements from Dead Space.

Its a bit more linear than I expected and the protagonist is one of those "i've complicated feelings about everything"-types that make him a bit to relate to.

==================