Author Topic: [Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0!  (Read 84766 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: [Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0!
True, if that script isn't in some way vital to the mod, that could work.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Well the good news is that removing the axmsg mod has removed the error.

The bad news is that now I get this:

Starting parse of 'Cockpits-shp.tbm' ...
Cockpits-shp.tbm(line 7:Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:], [$Name], or [$Template], found [$Cockpit Display:].
ERROR: Cockpits-shp.tbm(line 7:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:], [$Name], or [$Template], found [$Cockpit Display:].

I looked in the wiki and found that fsopen 3.6.16 supports this command. I assume that WCSaga is built on an older version.

All I need is to get render to texture working ans I can do the rest.

Any ideas, or am I out of luck?

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
From the quote below the fork was before 3.6.12 final, so you are probably out of luck:
Have at thee!  :D

https://github.com/niffiwan/wcsaga

(let me know if anyone wants commit access)

FYI: this seems to indicate the fork was at 3.6.12 RC1
Code: [Select]
gcc -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"fs2_open\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"fs2_open\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"3.6.12\ RC1\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"fs2_open\ 3.6.12\ RC1\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DPACKAGE_URL=\"\" -DNO_CD_CHECK=1 -DNDEBUG=1 -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DSCP_UNIX=1 -DNO_DIRECT3D=1 -DUSE_OPENAL=1 -I.    -m64 -march=athlon64 -ansi -pedantic -DLUA_USE_LINUX -g -Os -Wall -funroll-loops -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT     -fsigned-char -Wno-unknown-pragmas  -MT ltable.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/ltable.Tpo -c -o ltable.o ltable.c

And it doesn't compile in Linux yet (not that I've spent much time on this so far)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Thanks for the info.

Maybe I can try overlaying the hud gauges onto a model with blank screens to simulate the effect.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Have you seen the WCS Open Alpha?  That at least should (mostly) work with current builds, including the cockpit mod and whatnot.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

I will give it a look thanks!

I'm afraid WCSaga open is too buggy for me to use. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I'm afraid WCSaga open is too buggy for me to use. Thanks for the recommendation though!
Then fix the bugs; the only reason nobody did it already is because there was zero interest in the project.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Hello!  Long-time lurker here.  These cockpits look AMAZING.
I installed this cockpit mod (v2) half-way through FS2Blue in the Blue Planet Complete mod, and didn't detect any problems.
When I got to Age of Aquarius and piloted a GTF Aurora for the first time, I saw that there is no visible cockpit.  There may be other affected ships that I haven't flown yet.
I have already located bp-shp.tbm, and added "Show Ship" to the flags for the Aurora, but alas, it did not work.
Is this something I can fix by modifying a table, or is there something more in-depth that a beginner like me could have trouble with?

Note:  This is the first time I've opened a .vp file, and the first time I've modified a .tbm file (yay!).

Please forgive me if I shouldn't have resurrected this thread.

OMG, I figured it out!

Okay.
I extracted all of the table files into bpcomplete/data/tables.
Opened each file looking for ship references.
If I found a file with a bunch of ship references, I copied the template from an existing ship, and just replaced its name.
I can be more specific for anyone that needs it, but I'm only halfway through fixing it.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
When I try to use the cockpit (alone or in tow with another mod) I get a message at launch that states that the mod is giving 14 warning/errors, is it normal or there is some issue I'm not aware of?
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Depends on what the warnings are; run a debug build and find out what's wrong.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Depends on what the warnings are; run a debug build and find out what's wrong.
Ah, yes (it's years since the last time I did it), this is what comes out when using the cockpit mod with just the mediavps:

Warning: Duplicate sound name "4" found!
File: gamesnd.cpp
Line: 798

ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_8_0_AVX-FASTDBG.exe! <no symbol>
kernel32.dll! BaseThreadInitThunk + 18 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 99 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlInitializeExceptionChain + 54 bytes

PS: also while using it with FSport I noticed that a lot of the HUD elements were duplicated, the radar was both 3D and 2D at the same time and so were the throttle gauge and the weapon energy gauge toghether with the mission accomplished messages, and when using it "alone" (only with the mediavps that is) the subsystem brackets in the target display are outside the target box.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:00:10 pm by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

This mod is fantastic, and I am loving it so far for FS2

Unfortunately in FSPort it is a little broken. It functions, but since Freespace 1 uses a round cockpit hud instead of the weird square shaped thing in FS2, the HUD gauges are in a really weird place. I have attached a screenshot showing what I mean

TBH I think the best outcome would be to create 2 versions - 1 with the HUD from the first game, one with the HUD from the second game - and make them both usable in both games, so that people who prefer the HUD from FS1 can use that, and the people who prefer the HUD from FS2 can use that, regardless of which game they are playing, or they could use both (1 in each MediaVP folder) for the "vanilla" experience.

EDIT: Okay, I have a fix. I got the file from FSPort that forces the game to use the FS1 HUD, and instead forced it to use the FS2 hud. The file is attached. Put it in the cockpitmod 2.0/data/tables folder and it should fix the broken HUD.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:13:12 pm by Sarge945 »

Offline potterman28wxcv

• Just a fan player
The main issue I have with this mod is that I can't see my wingmates health anymore. Otherwise I would totally play it H24 :)

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Regarding the debug thing I posted earlier? Anyone?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
The main issue I have with this mod is that I can't see my wingmates health anymore. Otherwise I would totally play it H24 :)

yeah, that and the problematic aspect ratio issues in some sections
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Re: [Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0! Double hud
I am having an irritating time with  cockpit 2.0  mod and the freespace open  mission upgrades with reference fsport , fsport media vp2014 and fsportv3.5 . I get a bouble hud on some ships and things are all in wierd places.  Now ive tried removing hud folder from all the vp contained in those folders and all references from the tables contained therein before loading the cockpit 2..o vp into fsport Mission upgrade folder but for some darn reason there is still a hud. Is there a way to override any hud data so the custom huds included with cockpit mod  are the only ones that display?

somehow fixed it but hud  some elements are in weird spot on the valkrie still

NEver minds sarge fixed that