Author Topic: [Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0!  (Read 84765 times)

Offline Flygit

Re: [Release] Cockpit Mod
You just need to modify the cockpit mod's ships table to add entries for the new BP ships. Be aware that this will cause some weird **** in some BP2 missions.

I should've mentioned I tried that and some other things. Result was no cockpit, part of the new hud was there and some parts of it were missing completely. I have the mod's files unpacked if that matters?

I did manage to add Antagonist and Shadow Genesis mods ships successfully. GTF Aurora is not taking off.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Is Cockpit Mod compatible with Prompt Box? When I use both the cockpit mod and prompt box, prompt box menu is invisible.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=83736.0
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Hi,

Finally a cockpit mod, it's been what I expected it (and others too).
In addition it is really cool, but I would ask you, you install it, or what the final file, because you mentioned several places, I'm a little lost, thank you in advance for your answers.
Apologies for English (Google translation) :confused: :yes:

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
i am glad you like it :)

- download
- decompress the .rar file
- copy the "cockpit.vp" file to the mod you want to play, OR select the "cockpit-mod" folder as a mod if you want to play the freespace2 campaign

hope this helps, if not, what's you native language?
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Hi,

Thank you very much and congratulations for this mod, I will quickly install and finally enjoy a cockpit.
 :yes:  BYE     :shaking:

excuse me, I have unzip the "Cockpit Mod" file in Games \ Freespace2, I selected the launcher as Mod, but I have a "Lua" error keeps appearing and this game farm.
Could someone please help me? Thank you in advance for your answers.

:banghead: :v-old:

Offline fightermedic

do you have the "mediavps_3612" folder present in the Freespace2 folder?
do you select the cockpit-mod in the launcher as a mod? that part isn't clear, sorry
lua errors should only appear if there are conflicts with other mods; you are trying to play the standard freespace 2 campaign, yes?
oh, and do you use the freespace exe with version 3.6.18 or newer?
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Hi,
Yes, I have the 3.6.18 exe, I run Cockpit mod as a mod in the launcher, I have the media3.6.12 but you can not choose it as Mod.
Location Cockpit mod ==> C: \ Games \ Freespace2 \ Cockpit-mod
I read a little higher than it should be "edit mod-ini" to reference??
Excuse me for trduction, I use "Google Translation", I'm French.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:50:57 pm by hironside »

Offline fightermedic

try to delete "reload-sct.tbm" in "data\tables" in the cockpit-mod folder, maybe the lua error will go away then

Pour vous en français: (Mais mon français est très mal :( )
essayez de supprimer "reload-sct.tbm" dans "data \ tables" dans le dossier "cockpit-mod", s'il vous plaît
peut-être l'erreur lua disparaît
Je ne comprends pas ceci: "I read a little higher than it should be "edit mod-ini" to reference??"
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Just trying to help. I think he wants to enable both the MediaVPS and the Cockpit-mod, and he's asking if he has to edit the mod.ini as someone said earlier in the thread. Well, I just downloaded the mod and the mod.ini already includes the mediavps_3612 in the secondary list, so he shouldn't change a thing unless he has changed the mediavps folder to another name.

Hironside, pour l'erreur LUA, essaye juste de supprimer le fichier "reload-sct.tbm" sur "data/tables" dans le dossier du cockpit-mod. Peut-être l'érreur disparaîtra.
Par rapport au MediaVPS, je viens juste de télécharger le mod et il n'est plus nécessaire d'éditer le fichier mod.ini. Si tu as téléchargé ce mod récemment et les MediaVPS sont bien dans le dossier "mediavps_3612", tu n'as rien d'autre à faire.

Ok, that's exactly it, thank you very much, now I no longer have the "Lua" error, but the mod does not start.
I noticed one thing, when I downloaded the mod cockpit for the first time, inside the "cockpit mod \ Data \ Cache" there was a list of 10 ships for the second time "I downloaded after two days, there were more ships, but the "GenericCP.bx" file ... I do not understand is that I have a problem with my decompression software "IZArc"?
Which of the two files is good, with 10 vessels that either?
Thank you in advance.

:banghead:

Offline fightermedic

files in the cache folder are generated when you start the game, ignore them

- run the mod until it crashes
- upload "fs2_open.log" in "FreeSpace2\data"

maybe the log file can tell us what is wrong

did you ever try to run the mediavps_3612 without my mod? ( = did you select mediavps_3612 in the launcher as a mod?) does it crash too?
>>Ships created by me<<

HOORAY, I finally managed to launch the "Cockpit_mod" Fightermedic thank you for all the advice you gave me, and I thank all those who helped me.
I deleted everything and reinstalled in Games \ Freespace2 and impeccable! I do not know why it did not work the first time.
Is it normal that when I select "Cockpit_mod" in the launcher it is written at the top right, there Mediavps_3612 image and name in the middle of the launcher please?
Thank you again for your help.

:yes:                  :turrent: :alright:

PS: Thanks again for your help and excuse me for the English translation with "Google Translation".
One last thing please, red triangle between the viewfinder and the target on the first screen on top (1), I guess it's the missiles lock is to make a selection in the pitcher Freespace2 or it is part of a mod which you play?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:50:23 pm by hironside »

Offline fightermedic

Is it normal that when I select "Cockpit_mod" in the launcher it is written at the top right, there Mediavps_3612 image and name in the middle of the launcher please?
yes, that's ok

glad it works now :)

it's hard to understand what you are asking with your last question. the red triangle is the default freespace missile lock
>>Ships created by me<<

From Freespace2? Because I did not see the red triangle, I just have an arrow on the viewfinder of the HUD and the enemy target is circled in red, but that's it!

Offline fightermedic

download link updated with shine maps included
i finally found a way to have shine maps work without the fightershield going nuts as soon as you face away from suns
redownloading is highly recommended
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:35:26 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Re: [Release] Cockpit Mod 1.1
Game crashes with the mod loaded.
Using wxLauncher activated cockpit mod and tried to start FS2 campaign.
Error:
Code: [Select]
LUA ERROR: [string "reload-sct.tbm - On HUD Draw"]:2: 'for' limit must be a number

------------------------------------------------------------------
ADE Debug:
Name: (null)
Name of: (null)
Function type: (null)
Defined on: 0
Upvalues: 0

Source: (null)
Short source:
Current line: 0
- Function line: 0

stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[string "reload-sct.tbm - On HUD Draw"]:2: in main chunk

FSO is installed in D:\Games\Freespace 2 folder, I'm using latest mediavps(3.6.12) and FSO executable(3.6.18)

If I unload the cockpit mod then the game works fine.

Offline fightermedic

that's strange
this kind of error should only appear if you are trying to fly a ship that is not present in the list of the ships' cockpits
i don't rally have an idea what could be the problem with your setup *ponder*
>>Ships created by me<<

that's strange
this kind of error should only appear if you are trying to fly a ship that is not present in the list of the ships' cockpits
i don't rally have an idea what could be the problem with your setup *ponder*
*sadface*
I've reinstalled FS2 and using Turey's installer redownloaded all the required stuff, same result.
Ships are Apollo (start of FS1 campaign) and Myrmidon (start of FS2 campaign). Weird heh.

EDIT
Oh, btw, prior to installing FSO I've updated FS2 to v1.2, could it cause any problems?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:00:43 am by Odinochka »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Er... the installer doesn't work, please use the manual install guide for your OS in the Getting Started board.

Also, updating FS2 to v1.2 prior to installing FSO is recommended  :yes: (so no it should not cause any problems)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...