Author Topic: [Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0!  (Read 84774 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Re: [Release] Cockpit Mod 2.0!
hm, i guess there is not right now
sorry but that is a super specific thing, and i don't have the time right now to fix something minor like that :/
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Here's the post coming from woutersmits on the Shattered Stars mod:

and weapon placemant wierd it stands eapons
while 1000 weapons on hud

Is it a problem or not?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Hello fightermedic, I really appreciate your work on this cockpit. (And your campaings remastering too...)
Having cockpit is essential when you play with Freetrack. And Freetrack is essential for me for playing space combat sim, after I started to use it in Elite Dangerous...
With all new releases I want to get back to Freespace after 8 month of KSP and 4 month of ED.

([off] by the way honestly I think Freespace Open > Elite Dangerous as a combat sim, and much more engaging with all campaigns ... then grinding stuff in ED. So glad FSO is still developing and campaigns (FSPort, ST:R, Blue Planet) getting updated. Respect to all HLP guys, I love you :) [/off]

However I appreciate also if you will ask 2 simple questions regarding your mod:

1) Is there's any way to change Diaspora style "Trailing" indicator to default Freespace "Leading" indicator? It's really hard for me to make new habits :) Also I love to use unguided missiles to give more punch with my 2 stage trigger joystick and it hard to line up primary and secondary weapon shot when you have trailing for primary and leading for secondary. Thank you in advance for the answer.

2) How can I fall back to use oldie 2D radar (or at least disable radar sound)

Sorry if it is stupid questions, I'm not experienced in FSO modding...  (Did some HUD stuff for X3 and some module manager configs for KSP)

O'l I'm sorry for double posting, but since mod author did not reply...

I figured out how to change trail aiming to lead aiming, thanks to hud gauges wiki.
The sound question solved also.
So another dumb question - is it possible to have +showship and custom cockpit at the same time  - so different ships could have different cannopies?

Mind sharing the fix to change trail aiming so I don't have to go hunting for it? Thanks

Mind sharing the fix to change trail aiming so I don't have to go hunting for it? Thanks

Here the link to modified table file https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8c5eec2wkg6ezn/fightermedics_cockpit1.2_lead_targeting_fix.zip?dl=0
you need to put it in \data\tables inside mod folder.
as I understand (may be wrong) it should override the table in .vp file
Let me know if it work for you as well.

Thanks it worked. I was going to look at placing the onscreen face messages back to the upper left as well as they seem to cover the targeting screen when incoming messages are being spoken but it seems that you did that as well.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:18:22 pm by OverDhill »

I was looking at trying to modify this Cockpit mod so that the target monitor picture is the same one that is used without the cockpit mod. Here is a screenshot. The left is the non cockpit mod and the right is with the mod. I think it would look better if it could use the image as without the mod.

I have looked through the cockpit mod files and have not seen where the image is getting changed or maybe just the color palette?

Any help would be appreciated.

Remove
Code: [Select]
Desaturate: Yes in cockpits-hdg.tbm

Actually that is the first thing I tried.  First to change it from yes to no then next to remove it entirely. The only effect it had was to make it white instead of green.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 08:32:28 am by OverDhill »

It looks like wireframe?
Try Alt+Shift+Q

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That's not wireframe I don't think, but it does look like another bug I think was already being looked into.  That being the whited-out ship drawings.  They're not completely white, but it looks to be some kind of very high bloom being applied.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Indeed I posted an issue on github about this are you using a recent nightly ?

That's not wireframe I don't think, but it does look like another bug I think was already being looked into.  That being the whited-out ship drawings.  They're not completely white, but it looks to be some kind of very high bloom being applied.
You are right.
btw I noticed in cockpit mod that model in targetbox looks like without z-buffer i.e. like in F3 lab with No Z-buffer selected.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Yep went back and tried 3.7.4 and it worked fine. So it is a bug in the latest nightly builds.

I did try the shift-alt-q and hitting that a couple times the image did look like the non-cockpit mod after I brightened in up a bit. Weird

Update:

I added the following code to a hud_gauges.tbl file in the cockpit-mod/data/tables folder and it seems to have fixed the problem.

$Wireframe Targetbox: 2
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:07:59 pm by OverDhill »

Hi,

I'm trying to make the cockpit mod work with Wing Commander Saga. Right now I am getting a lot of error messages.

Any advice on what I need to do to add compatibility for WCSaga?

Thanks in advance!

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hi,

I'm trying to make the cockpit mod work with Wing Commander Saga. Right now I am getting a lot of error messages.

Any advice on what I need to do to add compatibility for WCSaga?

Thanks in advance!

Technically, all you need to do is open the mod's -shp.tbm and edit it. It's located in the vp's tables folder (You will need a program to open the vp, I recommend VPGUI). In that file, you will see a lot of entries like this:
$Name: GVF Anubis Mk II
+nocreate
$Cockpit POF file: GenericCP.pof
+Cockpit Offset: 0 -1.1 1.50
$Cockpit Display:
+Texture: TerranCockpit1
+Offsets: (0, 0)
+Size: (2048, 2048)
+Display Name: display_box

Now, you will need to delete everything between the #Ship Classes and the #End line, copy the above entry, and replace the $Name: with the name of the ship you want to add a cockpit to.

EDIT:

Oh, forgot something. In Cockpits-hdg.tbm, you will also need to find all the "$Ships:" lines and replace that list of classes with the list of class names you've set up in the -shp.tbm.

However, this is where I have to warn you: This may not work at all, because the engine WCS uses is distinctly different from FS_Open, and may lack a lot of the features required for the cockpit mod to work (And no, there is no way to get WCS to work on FS_Open right now. The changes they made to make WCS are incompatible with FreeSpace, and we have little interest to put in the work required to adapt the features they made to make them work our way).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 03:09:30 am by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Ok, tried that. I got some error messages when I started the game:

Starting parse of 'axmsg-sct.tbm' ...
axmsg-sct.tbm(line 411:Error: Missing required token: [#End]. Found [$On Message Received:]  instead.
ERROR: axmsg-sct.tbm(line 411:
Error: Missing required token: [#End]. Found [$On Message Received:]  instead.

I have attached the log file.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yep, that would be what my warning above was about. Unfortunately, the WCS engine can't run the scripts used by the cockpitmod.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Axem

axmsg is just my scripted message gauge, I don't think it's 100% necessary for 3d cockpit gauges. You could delete the script file and deal with what the game already uses for messages.