Author Topic: Too glowey  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Raptoer

Could someone please tell me if this glow is normal? I certainly don't think so. :confused:
I'm using these custom flags: -ambient_factor 20 -no_emissive_light -spec_exp 0.1 -spec_point 20 -spec_static 10 -spec_tube 5 -ogl_spec 128 -bloom_intensity 200 -fxaa_preset 6

(I tried lowering the bloom intensity and fxaa preset but the problem wasn't solved  :banghead:)

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Darius

-spec_point is the one you want to modify

Edit: also have a look at spec_static and tube, see if lowering them helps. Static is to do with suns if I remember right, tube is from beams, point from weapon fire and subspace portals.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:00:37 am by Darius »

Online Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
IIRC there were some problems a while back with some AMD drivers that caused this issue (I might be wrong, this might be completely different). What card and drivers so you have, and have you updated to the latest drivers?

Offline Raptoer

Thanks guys, spec_point did the trick, I put it to 1 and every thing is normal.
But anyway my graphics driver is : nVidia Geforce GT520M and the driver up to date

Offline Luis Dias

You can still put it like 0.3 and so on, 1 is still overkill at least for me.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Raptoer, you may want to take a look at this wiki page: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Sample_Lighting_Settings

Those lighting settings of yours strike me as quite exaggerated to say the least.

Offline Veers

These are the settings I use, primarily based for BP but works well for everything.

I based it off the darker settings on the wiki page.

-no_emissive_light -ambient_factor 35 -spec_exp 20 -spec_point 0.9 -spec_static 3 -spec_tube 2 -ogl_spec 40 -fxaa_preset 6 -bloom_intensity 90

Generally darker, more light from natural sources or weapons fire.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Kolgena

Behavior of -spec_point is completely different with deferred lighting (like blue planet) builds. In older builds, a value of 1 or 2 for spec point was still somewhat reasonable. In deferred lighting builds, a value of 1 is "WHY IS EVERYTHING A SUN--TH GOGGLES DO NOTHING" I'd even argue that 0.3 is too high.

Wiki sample lighting values are for the old engine. I wouldn't use them with the BP builds.

(The second to last screenshot of the Karuna has a strange beauty to it. Makes it look like some sort of energy/spirit/hologram ship. The crazy bloominess is similar to how the First Civilization characters are rendered in Assassin's Creed)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:37:06 pm by Kolgena »

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
that Karuna  shot does have an ethereal quality to it
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

I have to agree with Headdie, that Karuna is kind of spectacular in a way.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Looks more like the textures got burned off and the Karuna ascended.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!