Author Topic: Nexus Mod Manager  (Read 2243 times)

I'm not sure if there's any interest for this but Nexus Mods has opened up to include any game mods not just Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout3. Would it be possible to use the Nexus Mod Manager with Freespace?

Edit: Here's a link: http://www.nexusmods.com/games/?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:21:15 pm by rscaper1070 »
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Possibly? I know that modding Freespace (Installing ones that is) is as simple as placing the mod folder in the installation directory, so it should be easy to code in, I know they brought the creator of the X-series of mod managers on board to add that compatibility for X-Rebirth so it would be possible to work out.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Urgh. I use Nexus for Skyrim mods, and the mod manager is great, but the website has had so many connection issues lately it's impossible to look for mods.

Also, this may just be my experience with Skyrim, but the NMM kind of assumes a "bunch of mods that work together and modify the base game" rather than "one mod which adds a campaign and possibly the MediaVPs" pattern we have.  We'd have to make it work with mod.ini files - probably not that difficult - and communicate to the user that our pattern is in use rather than the typical one - which is a design/interface issue and probably more difficult. Though maybe it's been done already and I'm talking out of my ass. Anyway, the issue with connection speed stands, I've been trying to get the latest Frostfall all morning and it's been a complete PITA.

the NMM kind of assumes a "bunch of mods that work together and modify the base game" rather than "one mod which adds a campaign and possibly the MediaVPs" pattern we have.

Oh, I completely disregarded that bit, how? I have no idea. Anyways I'm not entirely sure if it would work or not now, beyond the point however I'm more used to booting up the normal FS2 launcher system we have anyways, whether or not it's decided to utilize the NMM doesn't really matter to me as I'm probably not going to use it unless absolutely needed.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Having just reinstalled Skyrim and rebuilt my ridiculous mod collection, Nexus seems to have worked out their connection issues.

For now.