Author Topic: Just another day at HLP...  (Read 45037 times)

Offline Redfang

Just another day at HLP...
:yes2::lol::yes:

Very good, and nice to hear that more on the way. :)

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Full Metal Jacket rulez :D

MUST HAVE ULYS!
Of course, no ulys would just be wrong :p

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Originally posted by LtNarol

MUST HAVE ULYS!
Of course, no ulys would just be wrong :p

FMJ does indeed rule! i,ve got it on DVD.
Got Ether?

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Originally posted by LtNarol

Hell YEAH!
I have returned... Again...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Never mind. I'm just too busy to write another part today:(. You see, my campaign has been lagging for awhile, so I've decided to devote all my available time to it for a couple days.

(BTW, Thunder, not sure if you could, but until I'm able to sit down and write a long one, could you put this as a sticky, so when I actually sit down to write, I'm not bumping a topic that's on the third page;))

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
This also needs to be stickied. Otherwise this just a bump-up thread. Sorry.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Redfang

Yeah, it certainly isn't fun to bump topic which is at third page or something like that. Which reminds me...

:bump:

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
poor maggots, you really did show them who's the man Dark :D
Habeeb it...

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
Hooah... :D
I have returned... Again...

Offline Redfang

So that no-one has to bump this from second page...

:bump:

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Ahem, when is more coming along?

this could also be a :bump:

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
OK guys all this bumping is getting silly.

I'm pretty sure UT would respond with 'It's coming when I finish it'. As Thunder said earlier don't mess up a good thread with pointless posts.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Like I said: I have to take a break for awhile. I need to do stuff fore my campaign, and Infested just assigned something for me to do in his. I asked if this could be put as a sticky (so it's not at the back of everything, and I forget about it, as well as most of you), for when I eventually (I will, don't worry;)) have enough time to get some more parts put it.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Okey-dokey, the magic wand of time managementTM has allowed me to type the next part. I'm doing it in segments, though, so it'll be awhile ;)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Are you happy now?

INT. Temp Mechanics. Day.

Fade from black. We open to a bird's-eye-view of the entire room. The admin tunnel's door is banging back and forth, still open, and people can be seen milling around, re-calibrating weapons, etc. Groups of people are walking out of the tunnel and settling down. Two figures walk through the entire establishment. They are speaking, and we hear them sort of in a voice-over style. When we hear them, we recognize them as Thorn and Maeglamor. We follow them with the camera.

Thorn: Thanks for the help, but we were expecting the newbies. Whose gaurding the forum now?

Maeg: The newbies, Shrike had us transfered down here. He thought you guyscould use some more...experienced help.

Thorn: (chuckles) That we do. Where's CP5670 and his squad?

Maeg: On their way, but CP says he's gonna be late. Gotta crunch some figures.

Thorn: What could be more important to this? (Gestures towards the rest of the room.)

Maeg: Well, apparantly, he's computing how badly his girlfriend will trash his car after he tells her that he really is not Dave.

Thorn: Ouch. That is pretty serious. Well, we're going to attack in a couple minutes, so let's get everything set.

Maeg: Alright, let's give 'em something to write down in the books.

They give each other high fives, and walk away to their respective squads. Cut to:

INT. Weapon Control Room. Day.

We pan around the room. mikhael is fiddling with something, Corhellion is watching the monitors, and an0n is hunched over moving all around the room hurridly. Suddenly, he stands up straight and slaps his head.

an0n: Of course!

His other two companions snap towards him to see what he's talking about. In the meantime, he's running over to his weapon, and begins to dismantle it. We follow him with the camera and pan around so that we're looking from a 60-degree angle. Corhellion is standing behind him, while mikhael is still trying to fix a stubborn component. It sparks and he murmers a string of omens.

Cor: Ummmm....buddy, mind filling us in?

an0n: Well, remember...

He grunts as he pulls a particularly stubborn piece apart.

an0n: ...how in weapon training class, they said that each gun had a transfuser rod in it?

Suddenly, he pulls reaches inside the molested mass of metal and pulls out a long metal rod.

Cor: Yea, it's to transfer the energy from the charger to the cycler. I still don't see your point.

an0n runs over to the radio station and begins to pull it apart, until he comes to the busted antennae/transmitter. As he works, he explains to the two what he's doing.

an0n: Well, if it's made out of the metal...(pauses to adjust something)...that I think it is, it can also conduct radio frequencies and send them out over a very large distance...

mikhael stands up in the background and dusts himself off. He glances back behind him at his handiwork, and proceeds to speak:

mik: I see what you're saying! If it can do that, we can jury-rig it to the radio, and hopefully broadcast!

an0n: Right, now, let's see, ummm, how did they teach us to remember how to do this?

Cor: (Obviously lost in what's going on) Oh, I at least remember that: the leg wire is connected to the, shin wire, the shin wire is connected to the, live wire, the--

mik and [/b]an0n[/b] look back at him.

Cor: What???

an0n sighs and gets back to his work. mik shakes his head and proceeds to adjust some knobs and buttons on the console.

Cor: What???

Suddenly, an0n gives a yelp, and Shrike appears on the monitor.

Shrike: We thought you guys were dead! What happened!

Corhellion runs over and nudges an0n out of the way.

Cor: No time to explain, Shrike. Just get us to Windrunner.

Shrike: Check, hold on...

An image of Windrunner appears on the screen.

Wind: What?

As Corhellion explains the situation, we fade to black.

INT. Temp Mechanics. Day.

We open to the same view as last time, except now everyone is standing in front of the main doors. We cut to a soldier's perspective view, and can see Thorn and Maeglamor fiddling with the lock.

Thorn: Now let's see...was it two, no three turns to the le-or was it right?

Gortef: You forgot the code?!

Thorn: No, no, this is a temporrary setback, ummmm...now was it left or right?

Maeg: (Chuckles) Thunder thought this might happen. It's right.

Thorn: I knew that.

Glances are exchanged in the crowd.

Thorn: I knew that!

Maeg: (Becomes very serious) All right, people, get ready. Thorn?

Thorn: Check. Ready...set...

A click is heard, and the door slams open.

Thorn: And kick some ass!!!!!!!

A hail of bullets erupt from the door, soldiers are cut down left and right. Shouts and curses can be heard. We're still in teh soldier's-POV as we erupt through the door. Suddenly, in front of us, dark shapes begin to emerge. We look to the left as venom2506 shouts out:

venom: Agents! Watch out everybody! Switch to the big guns!

Unidan Charges forth through the crowd and bursts through the front. He gets down on one knee and begins to blast away with his ion cannon. Venom is busy giving the enemy a lesson in pyrotechnics, and everyone else is just blasting away at all sundry. Suddenly, the enemy stops firing, and begins to retreat. We turn our "head" to the left, and hear Zeronet exlaim to a fellow soldier:

Zeronet: Hey, I think we got 'em on the run!

Suddenly, a loud screeching is heard, and a large footsteps. From around a bend, a man in a giant, mechanized, HAZMAT suit steps forth. More walk out from behind him.

Lead Figure: Hello marines. How lucky of you to have gotten this far....

A murmer sweeps through the crowd. Suddenly, we hear Thorn gasp aloud.

Thorn: That voice...it's Alpha_One!

More gasps can be heard.

Figure (Alpha_One): Ahhhhhhh....correct you are my dear, dear friend. Now, of course, you and your punt freinds will be annhilated.

We cut to:

INT. Freespace MODing. Day.

We open to see an agitated crowd, all pointing their collective guns at the main blast doors. Thumping can be heard outside. The group is getting very agitated. They begin to squirm. Suddenly, the thumping stops. The group exchange nervous glances. There is a huge explosion, and the door flys backwards. The marines yell a war cry and let loose. We cut to a soldier's POV. Bullets are zining past. Cut to slow-mo. Now the bullets are going past, Matrix-style. They're pinging around the soldies, and constant weapon fire can be heard. Cut to normal motion as a giant ion beam slices forth through the mess and obliterates a large section of the enemy. We cut back to:

INT. Passageway between TechSup and TemMechanics forums. Day.

Continuos weapon fire can be heard. Mecha suits and dead bodies litter the floor. Orders can be heard, as they are streaming from the mouths of the commanders. We cut to darkage tangling with one of the suits, sword drawn. He swings and the blow is parried by the mecha's arm. The other comes in and slams him in the chest. He goes flying back into the wall and slumps down. A huge hole is evident where he hit. We cut to a view of Maeglamor and Alpha_One going toe-to-toe. A huge mech is lying in the background, it's pilot straps open, and a large hole in it's leg. It is obviously Alpha's. As the two are exchanging blows, they twist and turn, firing punches at one-another, blocking and swiping. Maeglamor lets loose a slide kick, trying to trip his advisary. But Alpha jumps upwards, and seems to hang in mid-air for a few seconds. He comes down with his feet, trying to crush Maeg's head, but he swiftly rolls away and gets up. We cut back to Freespace MODing. Numerous dead bodies are hanging over the barricades, as a seemingly endless stream of enemies continues to pour forth through the passages, Darkage is involved in a fight with an agent, as the agent uses his arm, and he uses his spent gun, both as swords. Parry, block, parry. The agent jumps upwards, and we follow him up with the camera. He flips over and lands beside Darkage, and swipes at him with his arm. Dark twists his torso around and blocks it deftly. We cut to:

INT. Weapon Control Room. Day.

Corhellion is obviously stressed, as he is looking at the monitor which assigned to the Freespace MODing forum. He turns to face mikhael.

Cor: Almost done?

mik: Almost, hold on...there! But I can only get one system up and running, so which room is it going to be?

Cor: Initiate the automated defences in the Freespace MODing forum, hurry!

mik: Roger!

We cut to Freespace MODing. The enemy obviously is winning, and the weak defending force is being pushed ever farth backwards. Suddenly, a hole opens up in the cieling, and a large, double-barreled cannon pops out. A loud cheer goes through the defending party, as the cannons begin to cut through the enemy swarms. Slowly, they are the ones that begin to retreat, as the newbies follow up with a double-whammy, firing their weapons off at anything that isn't on their side. We cut to:

INT. Corridors. Day.

The good guys are winning here, as is evident by the masses of enemy bodies laying on the floor. However, Alpha_One and Maeglamor are still going at it, and are moving unevenly about the surrounding chaos. Cut to slow-mo as they perform amazing feats of acrobatics, until they finally settle over darkage's limp form. Cut to normal speed as Maeg bends over to pick up the sword lying by his hand, and stabs it through Alpha_One's heart. All we register on his face is shock as he grips the sword, and slides off the end, slumping to the floor in a dead heap. Maeg stands back up and drops the sword on the ground with a resounding clatter. The sounds of weapon fire in the background has ceased, and a resounding cheer goes up. Maeglamor bends back down over darkage's form, and starts to tap him on the cheek.

Maeg: Come on, speak to me, man! You OK?

darkage: Ow, that smarts!

Maeg: (Laughs, and hoists him up) Let's go, man....

We fade to black.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Realy realy good ! some very sweet combat telling. This is so damn good ! hope to see more soon !;)

*claps*

Good job dude :yes:
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

• Koala-monkey
Originally posted by Unkown Target
Are you happy now?

Very. Some great work there, but how long will it go on for?

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
How long should it go?

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by Unkown Target
How long should it go?

A very long time:)

I still wanna know what happens to trhe Interplay techsuport dudes:)
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

• Koala-monkey
Until the internet is replaced by direct cybernetic linking with everyone else on the planet.