Author Topic: Unreal Tournament: Pre-Alpha build available  (Read 4617 times)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Unreal Tournament: Pre-Alpha build available
http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/2/5676414/unreal-tournament-first-blood-announcement-epic-games-twitch-stream

Looks like there might be something interesting to see on the UnrealEngine Twitch channel on Thursday.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:15:48 pm by Turambar »
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Re: Unreal Tournament: The announcement has been announced
:D

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Free to play, buy the epic rocket launcher skin for 500 Epicpoints ($10). 200 Epicpoints for extra consumable flak cannon ammo packs.
New epic leveling system, unlock new multiplayer maps as you play! (Or buy extra Exp to level up your character with Epicpoints!)
Link your facebook account and tweet at #unrealtournament to get a free super swag shoulder pad decal.
Be sure to like us on youtube.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Mikes

Free to play, buy the epic rocket launcher skin for 500 Epicpoints ($10). 200 Epicpoints for extra consumable flak cannon ammo packs.
New epic leveling system, unlock new multiplayer maps as you play! (Or buy extra Exp to level up your character with Epicpoints!)
Link your facebook account and tweet at #unrealtournament to get a free super swag shoulder pad decal.

XBone and PS4 only :)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event

EDIT: F***ing embed code times, how do they work !#*(

Offline Turambar

You guys ain't even know
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i stopped being impressed with the unreal line back in 2004. i wonder how many times they expected me to buy the same game.

it has also occurred to me that exclusively multiplayer games are the ones that make up the majority of the contents of "unplayable" cd case, not because you cant get them to work, but that you can never find enough players to make a game fun. i dont like games that dont age well.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Luis Dias

and me hoping they would do something like quakelive and have the original unrealtournament from 98 free-to-play inside your browser, etc.,etc.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
and me hoping they would do something like quakelive and have the original unrealtournament from 98 free-to-play inside your browser, etc.,etc.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Unreal Tournament (commonly called Unreal Tournament '99 or UT99 to differentiate from later games) is a first-person shooter (FPS) video game co-developed by Epic Games and Digital Extremes. It was first published in 1999[...]
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline An4ximandros

Maybe he meant the original Unreal (The only one worth a **** :P)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i loved the original unreal. it was such a badass game. i wouldn't have known about it if it wasnt bundled with my voodoo2.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Luis Dias

oh my I made a mistake of a few months. my bad.

Offline Turambar

The announcement is today!  Just thought I'd give you the heads-up, I'll try to post again right before it starts

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Happening in about 6 minutes apparently. Twitch chat is going ****ing insane ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE UT4 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Turambar

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:23:40 pm by Turambar »

Offline An4ximandros

So it's free? And it seems to have a market to "sell" mods (or give them away for free?) ****, I think Unreal Hat Tournament will be the most popular game Epic has made so far...

Offline Turambar

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873323

A pre-alpha build with multiplayer can be found at this location.  Feel free to try it out.