Author Topic: The Big Bad HLP Sex and Dating Thread  (Read 34567 times)

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
The Big Bad HLP Sex and Dating Thread
Well, this got severely derailed.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Originally posted by Shrike
Well, this got severely derailed.

Suprised?  Though its gone in a less harmful direction than it could have i suppose... carry on.

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Let's turn it back into the other direction then. :D ;7

well people would still have sex for fun.

Only for a certain period of time until the next paradigm comes up. ;7

You know, I find this really disturbing.  I am definately a proponent of genetic enhancement (I'd love to be a Draka :D) but it is self-defeating to destroy diversity for some nebulous purpose.  I'm only really attracted to white girls, but I don't say we should turn everyone into tall, pale blondes.  Diversity is a winning strategy, socially and evolutionarily.

Give some logical reasons to support that "diversity is a winning strategy;" it means absolutely nothing on its own. :p Also, we are talking about physical diversity here, not mental diversity; like I said, mental diversity should stay in a certain form.

I had a question for CP, but I'm not sure how well some people would take the bluntness the question would require...

I am listening. :D

I once started thinking I was a german WW2 fighter pilot and was being chased by Spitfires while I was in the shower.

My brother does this all the time; I always see him running around everyone pretending that he is some mega fighter plane and destroying all these other guys. :D

That makes 10 wins. :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2002, 08:03:49 am by 296 »

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Originally posted by CP5670

Also, we are talking about physical diversity here, not mental diversity; like I said, mental diversity should stay in a certain form.

Mental diversity comes from physical diversity. The brain operates on a very physical level, based on what we eat, how active we are, genetics, and so on. If everyone had the same brain, it'd be kinda weird and boring. And what's wrong with mental diversity?  If everyone thought the same or in the same way, it'd be a boring world.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Yes, but those factors do little to determine the methods by which it thinks and attempts to solve problems. The main things are genetic patterns and outside cultural influences (which can be simulated by using genetics). And I never said anything was wrong with mental diversity; read my post again. :p

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
[humps Blue Lion's leg]

Sometimes, these things just have to be done...

...And after reading this thread, I'm still not entirely sure what's being argued about.

Except that I'll agree that not sleeping makes freaky things happen in your head. Like sudden urges to go to sleep, and not being really awake.

Oh, and going on aimlessly and not noticing it.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Anyway, it is good to see that not everyone is a stupid sex addict around here. :p

Yeah... we have some stupid math addicts as well... :rolleyes: :p
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Originally posted by Stryke 9
[humps Blue Lion's leg]

Sometimes, these things just have to be done...

Ew....why?

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer

Give some logical reasons to support that "diversity is a winning strategy;" it means absolutely nothing on its own. :p Also, we are talking about physical diversity here, not mental diversity; like I said, mental diversity should stay in a certain form.

I was directing it towards this, why diversity is a winning strategy, based solely on its own.  And that mental diversity= physical diversity. (or to be more exact, relies heavily on, is dependent on, is a part of etc.)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Actually, while sex was indeed necessary up to now, the cloning and other artificial systems will invalidate it very soon. And it would actually be interesting as hell because then everyone would focus on other things, such as the pursuit of knowledge. ;7

Yeah, but computers are still completely useless as means to cultural/scientific/technolocgic production. They are a good tool, and nothing else. ;)

The theory of course! Same way that while nobody has been to the center of the sun, scientists have a rough idea of what's in there. :D

Yeah, right. Just as theory proved that a train couldn't move faster than 47 mph back on the 1700s or else everyone inside would suffocate because of the pressure differential. We might just find that the core of the sun is completely different from what we theorize, as you might find that sex is completely different than you imagine. The only sure way of knowing something is through experimentation, and if you think otherwise you're a fool. :p

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Yes, but the end of the universe would come before we run out of resources. :D If we remain like the other species, we will evolve into something else, far, far before the resources become a problem. :p

Hm, what other species that you know of right now have evolved into something else? Specially, what other species that have already reached a level similar to humans have evolved into something else? How can you be sure of that, if there is no known example of any species evolving beyond our own level?

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by an0n
The ideal world would not be one where everyone had a specific, predetermined function. It would be a world where people no longer needed to bother with work and maintainence of society and could pursue the arts and the development of science. You take away free will and you take away innovation. You got 10 billion uber-men exactly the same and eventually you run out of ideas. Let the robots defend the Earth while we explore being human.

Exactly. Just like the Culture. ;)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Math is like sex to CP5670 :p.

EDIT: BTW, one of my friend's neighbors has a dog that's so big, it  humps you not your leg (The first post on this page reminded me of that)

Offline Borealis

• Resident Blonde
Originally posted by Maeglamor
[BMost women like to go out with jerks.
You know, the kind of asshole who treats them like crap, he's usually loud, abusive and manipulative but the girl still clings to him like he's a pair of designer shoes. Now any guy would think 'What the hell are you at? Get out of there' because we're predominantly driven by logic. No so with the fairer sex, empathy and emotions are their decision making tools (which is why I think CP5670 regards the whole affair as being somewhat stupid).

In comparison you have the guy at the other end of the spectrum, he's really really nice. He pulls out chairs, gives compliments and is generally an all around gentleman. A better choice you might think but not so with females, the nice guy is seen as predictable and boring, he'll generally go along with her wishes. In short, he's making every effort to make her happy.

Took me ages to figure this one out in my head jerks = good, nice guys = bad. Looks pretty dumb until you see through to what actually is driving Jane Doe. They aren't actually looking for an asshole, they want a challenge. Ever notice the way some girls pine over guys who for the most part are uninterested or inaccesable (best example - gay guys!). They actually like to do the chasing, strange when you consider that girls expect us to ask them out. The nice guy would think it 'ungentlemanly' to be so forward and ultimately that's what shoots them down from the start. Ironic that in order to be more 'attractive' you have to put in less effort eh? [/B]

[color=sky blue]*cuts through testosterone fumes with a serrated machete*

:mad:  NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!   :mad:    

All of you LEARN this once and for ****ing all!!!!

ONLY women with low self-esteem chase arrogant assholes who repeatedly remind them of how they are an assemblage of orifices and nothing more.

you observe this behavior all too often because unfortunately most women are deficient in self-esteem....

you want one of these defective women?...go ahead then, act like a dickhead and they'll follow you everywhere

you pull that crap with a high-calibre woman and she will drop your ass so fast it will make your head spin.

A woman with justifiable self-confidence is a rare find indeed.  If you are lucky enough to find one, let her know it in as many ways as you can.  Feigning apathy will get you your walking papers everytime.[/color]
:doh:

[color=sky blue]Edit: Maeglamor, I used your quote but you are not the person who inspired this.  I have no quarrel with you. :)[/color]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2002, 02:27:58 pm by 818 »
In God we trust.  All others must show data.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Also, my daily activities are not really related to sex at all. :p

You may think they are not, but they are. Your passion for math is just your way of venting your sexual frustration, as is your overly argumentative attitude towards such subjects. You may not even realize it, but it's the truth. Live with it. ;)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
MOMMY, MOMMY! THIS THREAD SCARES ME MOMMY! :D

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Only for a certain period of time until the next paradigm comes up. ;7

Hm, point me to the last time when there was a paradigm shift on this subject. Or you assume that, because one said subject may suffer a shift, any other subject might as well? :rolleyes:

It is mathematically proven that a non-deterministic approach to the solution of any problem is at least as good as any deterministic solution. It is also noted through statistical and experimental methods that in the vast majority of the problems, a non-deterministic approach provides far better and faster results than any deterministic approach. Diversity means non-determinism and is, therefore, better - even under strict scientifical scrutiny.

That makes 10 wins. :D

Eh? :wtf:

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Borealis
[color=sky blue]*cuts through testosterone fumes with a serrated machete*

:mad:  NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!   :mad:    

All of you LEARN this once and for ****ing all!!!!

ONLY women with low self-esteem chase arrogant assholes who repeatedly remind them of how they are an assemblage of orifices and nothing more.

you observe this behavior all too often because unfortunately most women are deficient in self-esteem....

you want one of these defective women?...go ahead then, act like a dickhead and they'll follow you everywhere

you pull that crap with a high-calibre woman and she will drop your ass so fast it will make your head spin.

A woman with justifiable self-confidence is a rare find indeed.  If you are lucky enough to find one, let her know it in as many ways as you can.  Feigning apathy will get you your walking papers everytime.[/color]
:doh:

True, too true. ;)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Borealis

an assemblage of orifices

now that's an elegant mental picture...
I'd say girls "are" like guys, there's some this way, and some that way. Of course their ways aren't our ways, hey, Borealis?
For my part, I'm still not sure what's the greatest mistery for mankind: womankind (mwarf), or my PC...
SCREW CANON!

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Styxx
It is mathematically proven that a non-deterministic approach to the solution of any problem is at least as good as any deterministic solution. It is also noted through statistical and experimental methods that in the vast majority of the problems, a non-deterministic approach provides far better and faster results than any deterministic approach. Diversity means non-determinism and is, therefore, better - even under strict scientifical scrutiny.

other proof being that species that reach a dead end in their evolution disappear, coz they won't be diversified and won't adapt.
SCREW CANON!