Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308242 times)

Re: What are you working on?
Well, for once I can put in something I'm working on. I started playing Homesick for the first time in ages, got pretty far in, and then got stuck because the mission I was on wouldn't let me warp out.

With the help of MageKing17, I was able to determine the cause, to wit, a never-warp sexp attached to using a support ship that the player's mercenary group gets partway into the campaign. Apparently this was used to "fix" the fact that a support ship could correct the break-warp sexp called at the beginning of the mission, without ever later calling an allow-warp. More baffling still, however, is that in some missions, never-warp and allow-warp are used correctly.  :banghead:

So so I'm going through all the Homesick missions after the player faction acquires the support ship and making sure the initial disabling of the subspace engine is done via the best practice method of never-warp with the mission ending events triggering allow-warp, while removing every instance of a never-warp event attached to using the support ship. When I am done, I will post a patch VP for testing the fixed missions.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Got the Whiteside ingame. There's still some work to do, testing docking and stuff. But it seems to work so far.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:03:27 am by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

So I decided to redesign the frontal section and stop to copying taiidan desteroyer. I never was a fan of this thing at all. Tell me what you think, guys.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Remove the bottom fins on the front and give it a vertical beam layout. The fins on the front make it look derpy and it looks like it has googley eyes.

I also think the pipes don't work, either. They make it look pretty low tech/flimsey because they're on the exterior/part of the shape, instead of recessed detail.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

The front looks good, Might want to try removing the fins as mentioned. Should open up some ideas on how to make the front more interesting. :) Good job!
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Started to assign some basic materials to the Apollo
Here is a pic of the bomber variant:

next: UV mapping - I am so not looking forward to it
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It's looking good so far, but a couple of notes about the 'bomber(intro)" variant:

It's actually the alpha weapon layout with an extra gun or possibly a turret under the nose, proof:

The weapons pod under the nacelles actually holds three primaries each instead of missiles. Proof:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/NelsonAndBronte/FS2/gtf0115.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/NelsonAndBronte/FS2/gtf0109.jpg

[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline fightermedic

Interesting, never saw that detail, that is making the Apollo Bomber variant more of an early Hercules it seems!
Ok: new plan then, let's have:
A early Apollo variant, like the one in the Alpha:  2 Missile pods in the center, 2*2 Guns wide
The normal Apollo we all know: 2 Missile pods wide, 2*2 Guns in the center
The Bomber variant: 2 missile pods in the center, 2*3 guns wide, turret/extra gun under the nose

Maybe i am also doing an MK2 variant, hmmm..
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Interesting, never saw that detail, that is making the Apollo Bomber variant more of an early Hercules it seems!
A early Apollo variant, like the one in the Alpha:  2 Missile pods in the center, 2*2 Guns wide
The Bomber variant: 2 missile pods in the center, 2*3 guns wide, turret/extra gun under the nose

How about putting a gattling cannon under it's nose and some chubby wings with missile racks ? With those big engine pods we could receive a s space A-10 :D

Offline fightermedic

How about putting a gattling cannon under it's nose and some chubby wings with missile racks ? With those big engine pods we could receive a s space A-10 :D

There are some few gunship class ships already, although we could use a few more for sure
>>Ships created by me<<

Working on this in my attempt to learn UV mapping. Not so detailed as my previous examples, but even this might tax me to death! It's slow and udderly confusing learning UV mapping....I wish there was a accurate and easy way that works perfectly each time, but press on as I do.

https://p3d.in/kqBdt

Jadehawk
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline fightermedic

First serious try at texturing the Apollo:
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
@fightermedic
 That Is, I have no words.  :wakka:

@Everyone

As for the few people interested In that dude Me who's making a playable version of the FS2 Intro, Legion's Demise fear not; It will be done. Eventually. . . . I hope. . .
<sidenote> The 2nd mission will have the Juggernath in It, so you could say I'm hitting two birds with one mini campaign.  :p

the main issue right now is that the missions are hard to follow, and the 2nd mission needs more, well; everything. my slow writing is not helping the story ether.
But for my first attempt at FREDing, I am super happy with It so far and what the testers said.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline mr.WHO

I never thought that there can be something more sexy than GTF Perseus, but this oldie Apollo is a beauty!

I love the Apollo since I first played FS1! So Fightermedic, with that Apollos, you make my dream come true!  :nod: :D 

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
I worked a bit on the custom head.anis. For the animation itself, I'm using SFM (Source Filmmaker) along with a generic ship fetched from the community workshop. For my whole campaign, I actually wanted to make a mix of animated and live-acted head.anis.

(Person in the image is the generic friendly fighter pilot. Enemies have different helmets.)

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
HUDDA HUDDA HUH!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Everything changed since 21st century. Everything escept fire extinguishers.
:yes:

First serious try at texturing the Apollo:
[snip]
Well... Let's say that you convinced me to this model :P.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Just finished work on enemy heads.ani. Yes, TF2 models may not be the best but it does the job.

(Example image may contain some Wet Orange Ostrich Approved Humor)

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I'm working on hmmmz... Rocks!

To the other game to be honest, but I really want to make more of them, resize them to various sizes and release as resource package including normal asteroids, and mineral-rich ones [from picture above]. Mining missions can be cool, what we already archieved in Exile :D