Author Topic: TBP 3.7.3 Released  (Read 28823 times)

A new version of the Babylon Project? Holy smokes, just in time for me after I started watching B5 again  :lol: . The series makes even more sense watching it as an adult, understanding the context and references. May Valen bless all of you.

Oh what time has passed. Was a student then, am a teacher now :D . I created 3 missions with my brother back then and started a campaign. Sadly the files are all gone, but I was having a blast 13 years ago playing through all the available missions and stuff.

Link from the past
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=41684.0;topicseen

From delusion lead me to truth
From darkness lead me to light
From death lead me to eternal life.

Hey, I like what I see.  :cool:

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
I didn't watch B5 when it was airing on TV as I was watching Deep Space 9 at that same time slot (dueling shows mean you have to choose one over the other), but on a lark I picked up the DVD of Season 1 of B5 from Barnes and Noble one day and was immediately hooked. Now I can enjoy both shows on my Blu-Ray player whenever I want. :cool: :nod: :D
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

I didn't watch B5 when it was airing on TV as I was watching Deep Space 9 at that same time slot (dueling shows mean you have to choose one over the other), but on a lark I picked up the DVD of Season 1 of B5 from Barnes and Noble one day and was immediately hooked. Now I can enjoy both shows on my Blu-Ray player whenever I want. :cool: :nod: :D

I remember one of Emis trailers he made ingame years back looked like they were ripped straight from the TV show, but the show didn't the same video quality and resolution.

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez

Giving the Explorer a little love

edit

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 06:28:40 pm by emi_100 »
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Giving the Explorer a little love

More like "a lot of" :D :yes:

Offline emi_100

More like "a lot of" :D :yes:
:D

Done.
I updated some of the topology and used some new maps of some parts as you can see.

Please let me know were can I upload the files so this can be in the next update of Knossos.

Question: is there is any flag to incresee the shadow distance draw?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:25:59 pm by emi_100 »
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

• "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!

Cool! :nod:

Please let me know were can I upload the files so this can be in the next update of Knossos.

I think there's an SVN where the files are being uploaded to, but I don't know who's in charge of that.

Question: is there is any flag to incresee the shadow distance draw?

The only thing you can edit ingame is the shadow quality AFAIK.

Offline wesp5

I think there's an SVN where the files are being uploaded to, but I don't know who's in charge of that.

You should contact OverDhill, he is managing the updates most of the time!

Offline emi_100

Thanks for the answer!

next update

DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Nice! But what am I looking at exactly?

Offline emi_100

you'll see :D
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The solar panels are a dead giveaway. B5 and B4 don't have that kind. But I'll let emi_100 keep the surprise.

I am. It's not particularly a secret, anyone who wants to playtest is welcome, not just those of us who want to work on updates. Just send me a PM with the email address you'd like to use and I'll add you.

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Nice! But what am I looking at exactly?
If I had to guess, I'd say an EA jumpgate.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline emi_100

I am. It's not particularly a secret, anyone who wants to playtest is welcome, not just those of us who want to work on updates. Just send me a PM with the email address you'd like to use and I'll add you.
I've send you a PM.

If I had to guess, I'd say an EA jumpgate.
We have a winner! :D

Question about textures.
Is there any size limit for textures? 1024x1024 / 2048x2048 / +?
Should I use one big texture with all the maps there? or should I use separate for each one's?
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

New jump gate? Super sw33t!

I think the only texture limit FSO has is 32k (32768*32768). Should be enough... I've seen 16k x 8k textures for 3D planets, the largest map made for a mod ship is 8k. 4k is quite common recently, blame Nyctaeus. :D

Any improvements or fixes can be send to me as I am working on the 3.7.3 release

PM for my email or send me a link

Offline emi_100

Jumpgate update WIP
My reference are HD renders from the original model.

DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Huh, I'm probably misremembering, but the jump gates in the TV show struck me as having a more oblong/oval opening rather than being perfectly symmetrical. I remember the horizontal prongs being wider than the vertical prongs. I thought it was this asymmetry that resulted in the hyperspace openings to be oval rather than circular. But, again, I could be wrong.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Jump gates appear in a number of shapes though.