Get the Knossos version and Knossos itself from the link below. No need for Zathras anymore, but you need to install FSO using Knossos afterwards! It would be cool if 1) we could make it so that FSO is installed when installing TBP and 2) somebody would add this link the the old TBP homepage!
well, it worked like a charm! It's very easy and intuitive, love to be back!
I just finish Dark Children Campaign, love to see how TBP looks now. I really like to see those post process fx and shadows.
I notice some details
-The default ambien light is too strong and kill the shadows effects. Now that we have real shadows, it's a pity barely see them. B5 show didn't have ambient ligth and had strongs shadows. This can be fix using "-ambient_factor 0" flag. Could be great if that was a default option.
-I also experiment some glicht with black shockwabe fx, can be fix with some shockwave flag too.
Things I like to change/ update to make it look like the show:
1) The specular maps. I think I redone those when I did the normal maps. For example, the Brakiri Avioki ship have bad specular maps.
2) Gun fires: I had some "new" gun fire fx on the old TPB folder, they look too much better (it weren't so hard on the edges, had some gradient) and it felt so different and imersive with the high poly models. I dont know if I have it, but make new ones can't be a difficult task.
3) 3th person view: The starfury, for example, the 3th person view look too distant. Now that we have a highpoly model with shadows we can have a close up.
4) Cockpit: I don't know if it's possible but I'd love to have a starfury Cockpit model in game. I don't know for the rest of the ships, but it's one of the most used ships.
Back then I didn't know how, now I can do it, I can model it.
5) Models: I love to update some models/textures
Also, I notice that the new Hyperion isn't in game yet, is there any reason for that?
Are you planning to add the rotating glowpoints too?
I'll upload it ASAP.
Here are the Highpoly Hyperion missing maps: Glow and a Editable Photoshop file.https://we.tl/t-UGchalTVa4