Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 266096 times)

Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
  I just downloaded the Derelict RE-release files from file front. There is no readme file included. What version of the SCP is needed? What VP files are needed for the SCP version needed for Derelict? What Lightspeed files are needed? (direct link, or exact name is needed.) What folder do the Derlict campaign, and voice files go into? Main FS2? Data?
  I have the Official SCP version 3.6.7 installed, and running, but to run Derelict appears to need another.
Biostar NF4UL-A9 (Nforce 4 Ultra)
Athlon64 3800+ Venice
2GB (4 x 512MB) Corsair DDR400 Dual Channel
Nvidia 7600GT PCI-e 256MB GDDR3
ESS 1938 Solo-1 PCI
80GB SATA II

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
The best experience with Derelict SCP comes if you have the latest MediaVPs installed and a recent build from (at the very least) this calendar year.  You'll also need Lightspeed's final nebula release but since Milliways has dissapeared I don't know where to tell you to get it.  I can't remember what it was actually called (there was some bit about it being "not a real release" in there, but that's all I've got) and searching isn't doing anything for me.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

The best experience with Derelict SCP comes if you have the latest MediaVPs installed and a recent build from (at the very least) this calendar year.  You'll also need Lightspeed's final nebula release but since Milliways has dissapeared I don't know where to tell you to get it.  I can't remember what it was actually called (there was some bit about it being "not a real release" in there, but that's all I've got) and searching isn't doing anything for me.

What directory do I place the Derelict files into? Just the main FS2, or make a new folder, and place all, or some in it?
Biostar NF4UL-A9 (Nforce 4 Ultra)
Athlon64 3800+ Venice
2GB (4 x 512MB) Corsair DDR400 Dual Channel
Nvidia 7600GT PCI-e 256MB GDDR3
ESS 1938 Solo-1 PCI
80GB SATA II

Offline BigT

First I have to say Great Job!  just got back into Freespace after a long time, and Derelict SCP looks really awesome and the story is captivating!

That being said I am having a problem with the 4th? mission, "A time for Penance".  Right when a wingman says "they're drones" the program locks up.  It's happened twice now, both at that exact spot.

I'm using a recent build (fs2_open_r_Kara_20060429.exe) to be exact.

Any ideas to fix this?  Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

Thanks!
-T

Offline lil_bro

Very cool!! Great job!! :yes:

I just got done with the campaign and all I can say is WOW.
Now its not as good as the Freespace 2 campaign but its pretty dam close and I mean close!.I do wish I could have the voices in the retail version of it for freespace 2 because its kinda hard to read and play at the same time.

And again Great job!

Ok now I got a question for y'all.

Is there any more campaigns I can download for the retail version of freespace 2?

Thanks in advance.
Michael.

I extracted all the files in a Derelict folder and then put the Derelict folder in de FreeSpace2 main folder. Then I selected the mod via the mod tab in the 5.3 Launcher using the fs2_open_367_p4, but when I start the game I don't see the Derelict campaign in the Campaign menu.

Why is that?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Make a new pilot.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

I just did that but still no luck

Offline Slime

• Mucous-y
Check that the .vp file is directly under the "Derelict" folder, so that there is not a second "derelict" folder after it. Exracting files sometimes does this.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. When you open Freespace2\Derelict you should see VP files and maybe a Data folder. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
Make sure you the campaign core archive you downloaded is dated January 2006 (not the latest one that's dated to March).

Ah that might be whats causing the problem. I've been using de campaign VP file from the march cuz I though it was newer than the other one from januari. So just to get everything straight the files I need are:

DerelictSCP.rar - 01/23/2006
DerelictSCP1.rar - 01/21/2006
DerelictSCP2.rar - 01/21/2006
DerelictSCP3.rar - 01/21/2006
DerelictSCP4.rar - 01/21/2006

And what about the other files from march 2006 then?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
huh. whaddaya know. now that i've run a debug build i'm getting

Warning: Unable to load starfield bitmap: 'nebulA1-main'!

File:D:\C++\Freespace\fs2_open\code\Starfield\StarField.cpp
Line: 3033
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_bitmaps()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

all the way up to nebula14 or something. and i've got all of lightspeed's nebula installed. :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Obviously you have installed one of the nebula packs wrong, or  not at all.

On another note, I finally got a chance to play this, and I must say it's the dog's nadgers. But you all know that already. Kudos to all involved in bringing this up to date :yes:
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've finally gotten through a substantial amount myself (think I'm up to the second SOC loop or so), and I just have to say that everyone did a completely superb job with this.  It's a real treat to play through. :)

I've just reinstalled, and I'm having nebula trouble too.  I've got lightys nebulas in 'ls_nebula.vp', and they work fine in both stock and other BR campaigns like FEP.  I get no joy in Derelict, however, and with a debug build I get a pile of 'can't find nebula file' errors.  I tried moving the nebula vp into the derelict folder, and tried both with and without karas combined stars.tbl, and nothing.  I've had it working before... grr.

EDIT - strange.  The ls_neb.vp was read-only: I changed it and now Derelict works fine, just like everything else.  Shame about the old starfield, though.  :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 09:42:47 pm by Pnakotus »

Offline arccos

I'm having a bit of a problem myself. I've been running through the missions, and I get stopped cold with this error:

Error: dl4-01-l3.fs2(63):
Error: Required token = [$multi_text], found [$mirror: 0] .

File:parse/parselo.cpp
Line: 551
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

I've tried running it in D3D and OpenGL with the same result in SCP . Is this a resource I am missing? I've played through a large number of missions, so I'm not sure what could be missing at this point.

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction! GREAT mod other than the error I'm having.

-Arccos

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
do you have the latest cvs?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'd bet money he doesn't. That's exactly the error you'll get if you play with a build that is too old. My bet is that he's playing with 3.6.7 official.

Problem is that although most of the missions work with that one or two have been edited with a newer version of FRED and will give that error.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline arccos

do you have the latest cvs?

Both you and karajorma are absolutely correct. I'm running 3.6.7 official.  I'll load up the latest CSV version and keep on trucking. LOVE the mod! Thanks so much for your help!