Poll

Scary or not?

Give me a pillow to hide behind...
9 (25%)
Lights down, surround sound up, hit me!
27 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: January 04, 2003, 05:27:27 am

Author Topic: Movie Tastes  (Read 15693 times)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Sandwich
Ok then, try reading the following by Mark Twain - English made logical:

Bah, old joke. :p :D
Probably away. Contact through email.

*looks at Snakeseyes' location*

And some of us can't legally buy computer games anymore, so we have to rely on the old games in the cupboard. ;) :p

No, the problem is I can buy the game, but I can't install it.
For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
-Blaise Pascal

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Snakeseyes

No, the problem is I can buy the game, but I can't install it.

Ahh. But tell me, is that really stopping anyone? :doubt:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

No, the law has been judged unconstitutional(sp?).
For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
-Blaise Pascal

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
No, the law has been judged unconstitutional(sp?).

Ahh... :yes:

...unconstitutional(sp?).

:nod: :yes:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
one of my favourite films of all time has to be Event Horizon

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Originally posted by wEvil
one of my favourite films of all time has to be Event Horizon
So, your top 5 must look something like this?
[list=1]
  • Event Horizon
  • Star Trek: Generations
  • Battlefield Earth
  • Planet of the Apes (remake)
  • I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
  • [/list=1]
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline wEvil

more like:
1. Event Horizon
2. LOTR (the old animated version)
3. TRON tied with Human Traffic
4. Moulin Rouge
5. The Time Machine (new version)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hey, how'd this get back on topic?

Offline wEvil

Originally posted by Goober5000

*smack*

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
Ok then, try reading the following by Mark Twain - English made logical:

That's not even English!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Goober5000

:lol:

Originally posted by Levyathan

That's not even English!

Oh, no? It's logical... I guess English is a far cry from being logical then. :D

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
more like:
1. Event Horizon
2. LOTR (the old animated version)
3. TRON tied with Human Traffic
4. Moulin Rouge
5. The Time Machine (new version)

I like Event Horizon and The Time Machine(new one).
Got Ether?

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Event Horizon and the Time Machine remake are both crrrrrrrap.

But I guess I can see how people who don't know squat about science fiction (or science) could enjoy them. You know, the "Armageddon" demographic. :lol:

Offline wEvil

*claps*

well done, you just demonstrated you know bugger all about how to make a good film.

have a gold star.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
"No cost basis", dude. :)

"Brotherly donation"? :nod:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
well done, you just demonstrated you know bugger all about how to make a good film.

have a gold star.
Umm, we were talking about watching films, not making them. Do I need to use smaller words?

Regardless, any discussion of good films would only include Event Horizon (IMDB 5.5, Rotten Tomatoes 21%) and The Time Machine remake (IMDB 5.7, RT 25%) as negative examples.

Offline diamondgeezer

Hey, watch it. I know several big lads who will happily come round your gaff and smack you till you sing EV's praises. It may well be a mish mash of horror genres, as you put it, but it's got cool models and Laurence Fishburne and whatshername in it, so I like it.

'Twas the first 18-cert film I rented, and I watched it alone and I thought it was pretty creepy. A million watches later and it still is.

And I thought the Time Machine was fairly entertaining for a Sunday night down the Cinema, but I haven't seen the other version nor have I read the book, so I'm in no real position to pass judgement.

Offline wEvil

Well, the thing about film critics is its only their opinion...i just thought i'd better tell you that, encase you didnt realise that...y'know....different people are allowed to enjoy different things...

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
IMDB rankings are entirely user-based. And there's nothing wrong with enjoying bad movies. The problem is when people try to argue that a bad movie is actually a good movie.