Author Topic: Come and get your giftwrapped starships!!!!  (Read 39018 times)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Come and get your giftwrapped starships!!!!
Originally posted by Nico
:wtf:
There's Doom demon heads in the engines :p

:lol: He's right. A cookie? ;)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
yeah, a "visual" one, if you get what I mean ;) ( no, not a photo of a cookie :p )
SCREW CANON!

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
There isn't enough of smilies to represent how good that looks :D

Offline Fractux

She's absolutely beautifull.   Great work! :nod:
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

In Klingon Academy, if your ship has appropriate weapons you can target locations on the planet in your targeting computer.

Someone programmed a mission with Earth having the following targets: George and Gracie (the sperm whales), Saddam Hussien (in Baghdad), and a Terrorist training camp (in Afghanistan)... :cool:
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline redmenace

They would have to be sub systems
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Omniscaper why are your FPS down to 9 in the first picture
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Holy smokes!!! Thanks for the highligh.

Redmenace, the computer I was using was a comptent 2.56ghz with a Geforce4MX (a joke of a graphics card and a glorified Geforce2). I was running at 4x speed just to get to that distance. Don't fear a performance hit if you have at least a similiar computer spec. The model is 12k poly.

If you folks are having a major performance hit, I could make a low end version without the extra 3 spheres (2x cloud layer 1x cloud shadows). That should cut it down to 3k polys.

UPDATE:

The Galaxy Class may get an EXTREME facelift. Scotchy is nearing completion of the model. The one I converted was only his BETA version with texture placeholders from Pneumonic81's Galaxy to cover incomplete sections. Here is a link to his current progress.

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14340

Also the Romulan VALDOR may be coming to Freespace shores soon. I'll have to put a hold on a public release till its creators releases it for Homeworld2 (creator directive). Of course I get to play around with it till the green light is given for public release. Hehe.

Textures by Redragon and the mesh is by Nowedar.

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14193&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Hotdamn...
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Does anyone have a ZIP with ALL the star trek models in them so I can get it all at once?

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Ah, all those perfectly good model makers wasting their time on those stupid frying pans...

:nervous:

"runs away from murderous mob"
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Omniscaper
Holy smokes!!! Thanks for the highligh.

Welcome, this is worth it you know. Been wanting something like this for years. :)

how do i use the DDS textures? like activate them? everytime i try using the model ingame it crashes... did i have to select something in the Launcher?

*sighs* again: Does anyone have a ZIP with ALL the star trek models in them so I can get it all at once?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Omniscaper
UPDATE:

The Galaxy Class may get an EXTREME facelift. Scotchy is nearing completion of the model. The one I converted was only his BETA version with texture placeholders from Pneumonic81's Galaxy to cover incomplete sections. Here is a link to his current progress.

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~bridgecommander/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14340

Why are none of the pictures showing up?

Tin Can: I don't. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
okay, this has been asked before, but i'd like to get all those starships, etc in one neat little package..:)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

workin on it. if you think this is bad, you should see my painting studio!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
lol
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by deep_eyes
how do i use the DDS textures? like activate them? everytime i try using the model ingame it crashes... did i have to select something in the Launcher?

We're still waiting for full support on DDS textures... but umm, ask around at the SCP forum for better directions, I say... :)