Author Topic: Come and get your giftwrapped starships!!!!  (Read 39014 times)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Re: Come and get your giftwrapped starships!!!!
OK, just asking.. Did my posts of the Trek ships in progess get eaten??? I specifically rememebr a Trek oriented thread I showed some previews in. Forgive me if I am getting as senile as I am blind  :confused:

Early refit Kirk Era breifing...

"The most logged number of 'disturbing the peace' in Federation systems involve smaller civillian craft.

Amoung these, the Orion designed light cargo hauler is the vessle of choice by various never-do-wells.

Don't be fooled by it's out-dated or decrepited appearance. Despite the age of the design many of these are state of the art on the inside.  Cheap and warp capable is a very appealing choice for small businesses and citizens who want interstellar access (even if slow).

Should you meet a worst case scenario and actually run across a 'pirate', watch out for an old trick. They slow to impulse and make it look like you are about to overtake them and at a particular good moment lower their rear shield just long enough to eject cargo pods filled with explosives. This usually can be withstood by most shield systems , howerve, this gives teh Pirates a chance to either go back to warp and make a run for it OR turn and attack the weakened shield with their other weaponry which is usually non-consequencial (civillian adapted mining lasers, ect). Very few Pirates have actual stolen Phaser or Torpedo systems but still you should be aware of it."

(Orion Light Cargo Transport - A.K.A. Orion Light Raider)

[EDIT]

I just notived the post about the error in mysql(?)...

Anyway, Aldo didn't you make this for Combat Federation. (I whipped up some glow maps cause I was bored)...

Banshee-F

Always liked this one.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 09:25:18 am by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Getter Robo G

Hey Kalifreth (I miss you God avatar/Thunder), should I make a new thread or stay in this one since Omni abandoned Trek modding?)

Some Patroling Winged Defenders spot Invading Klingons so they Harass them and call in soem heavy support, a wing of WhiteWind Cruisers!

Winged Defenders
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Star-Dragon/rwdef.jpg

Romulan Whitewind (I have to tone down the bridge windows slightly but I nailed it almost dead on!)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Star-Dragon/rwhitewind.jpg

Let the battle begin!!!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/Star-Dragon/Combat2.jpg

Who's having a bad day? HE IS!!!

I was too lazy to arm the Klingons yet so it was a slaughter!  ;7

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I'd go ahead and make a new thread mate. This thread was originally kicked off by Omni after all - people might be expecting him to be posting Trek ships but not you in here - so they'll miss the great updates. Plus it's quite an old thread. You may as well have one of your own.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Is there a single package with all the ships done here so far?  I think the link in the first post is now defunct.  These look awesome!
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
:necro:

Its been two years...lol
and as for your question, I don't know.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Why did you bump this?

EDIT: Apparently Droid803 didn't bump it, the guy before him did...

I have no idea where the models went. You would've done better posting your own thread about it.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Urr, sorry if I made it look like I did it. Got trigger happy with the beam there.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Sorry about that.  This thread was a link in the first page of the Freespace celebration thread.  I'm a huge Star Trek and Freespace fan and have always wanted to adapt Freespace to do Star Trek stuff (especially awesome on the big screen TV ;7).  I found a whole bunch of COB models somewhere, but no POFs or tables.  If this thread is dead, I'll download the COBs and get to work converting them and put them in a new thread.  Also, the textures in the COBs were crappish, but I'm not a texturer at all.

(Battery's almost dead...  Good night!)
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Sorry about that.  This thread was a link in the first page of the Freespace celebration thread.  I'm a huge Star Trek and Freespace fan and have always wanted to adapt Freespace to do Star Trek stuff (especially awesome on the big screen TV ;7).  I found a whole bunch of COB models somewhere, but no POFs or tables.  If this thread is dead, I'll download the COBs and get to work converting them and put them in a new thread.  Also, the textures in the COBs were crappish, but I'm not a texturer at all.

(Battery's almost dead...  Good night!)

Getter Robo G is still working on the Star Trek mod as far as I know. Talk to him if you want to know where he's at.

star trek mod would be great
The Irresponsible Captain Nathan
http://steamcommunity.com/id/IrresponsibleCaptNathan/
Team Leader - Star Wars Original Trilogy Mod
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-the-original-trilogy-mod

Offline Getter Robo G

Noooooo! (in Kirk voice)

Hehe, When Omni abandoned Trek I got all the Dl's he did and permission to continue. However as I an not a modeler (just a minor converter/tweaker) thigns slowed to a crawl. I had way more success with fighters and some occasinal starship conversion but none of them were finished.

They stay in limbo until an actual team can be rallied around the existing files and put into a functional context.

That and screenshots to tease you all...  ;7

Now if you goto SectorGame site ,  All the files Little Ludi converted are there for your (non-mod) usage. He converted a ton of stuff from various sources but never gave anyone credit at all. (either he figured it was all for personal use only or didn't care).

Note they are NOT fighter friendly, they are way too small (average 300m as per book numbers howefver fs2 craft are way bigger. Conversions I have done as sized appropriately for in game perspective from a single pilot POV)...

Penguinbomb MIGHT have a few of omni's Old links active... I'd be willing to dig into my archives for a fellow MODDER on condition you'd work on the files...

Noooooo! (in Kirk voice)

Hehe, When Omni abandoned Trek I got all the Dl's he did and permission to continue. However as I an not a modeler (just a minor converter/tweaker) thigns slowed to a crawl. I had way more success with fighters and some occasinal starship conversion but none of them were finished.

I don't suppose i could have access to those files could I? not really looking to make a mod, but i love FS2 and trek.

Offline Getter Robo G

Sorry, not about to pack up and upload a few gigs of models, textures, and effects (most of which are wips) and then find a site that can handle it. not to mention spread out over 3 drives (two of which are disconected). I blew my savings on a desperately needed new comp and until Mr Bush and the IRS gives me my f-ing money I can't afford two external drive cases. :P in other words it's not worth the hassle (ATM),

Goto sector game and use the Ludi versions...

Sorry, not about to pack up and upload a few gigs of models, textures, and effects (most of which are wips) and then find a site that can handle it. not to mention spread out over 3 drives (two of which are disconected). I blew my savings on a desperately needed new comp and until Mr Bush and the IRS gives me my f-ing money I can't afford two external drive cases. :P in other words it's not worth the hassle (ATM),

Goto sector game and use the Ludi versions...

Fair enough, i dont suppose you have any other federation fighter models besides the peregrine, runabout, or the type9 shuttle do you?

Offline Getter Robo G

Tell you what, I had other plans for this weekend and the next maybe, but my modding will eventually come back to Trek (I can feel it, resistance is futile!)

I will make a small pack out of the functioning ones but using fs2 weps. It'll be released in June sometime (I get a month leeway ). how's that?

Limited to Feds though cause I am not about to release teh Gorn and Roms and Pirates and etc......

Release one set you might as well release it all (see what I mean, a slippery slope)...

Screwing with the Valkyrie (massive errors):

One of Adonni's models:

A VERY old screenie: My Static torpedoes (NOW ANIMATED!!!)
Yeah that's Greywolf's old Galaxy class...  :P

looking GREAT man!!!   :yes:

Any news to how this is progressing?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 12:00:25 pm by tnathan475 »

Tell you what, I had other plans for this weekend and the next maybe, but my modding will eventually come back to Trek (I can feel it, resistance is futile!)

I will make a small pack out of the functioning ones but using fs2 weps. It'll be released in June sometime (I get a month leeway ). how's that?

Limited to Feds though cause I am not about to release teh Gorn and Roms and Pirates and etc......

Release one set you might as well release it all (see what I mean, a slippery slope)...

still planning for a June release?

Offline Getter Robo G

Ran into a problem, still hadn't gotten any help and the meshes I planned to use are broke (most of them cause crash when you shoot them). Thanks for hanging in there but same old same old. Now I focus my energy on new things I don't have to wait for help with...

Like the Stargate fan design Scarab (looks Vasudan huh?)
I have no way to contact the author though I got the word out that I'm looking for him on BC sites. I also did a texture swap from the brownish drab covering for one of his other models and I think it vastly improved it.

If things work out I hope to add 3-4 more of his models to JC's SG-1 project.
(Note it's JC4JC's project on GW, so don't expect any releases soon, but I keep a record of my efforts so if something happens later there is an archive.)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:40:40 am by Getter Robo G »

One of Adonni's models:

I like this one, looks vaguely like a next-gen Venture corvette.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Ran into a problem, still hadn't gotten any help and the meshes I planned to use are broke (most of them cause crash when you shoot them). Thanks for hanging in there but same old same old. Now I focus my energy on new things I don't have to wait for help with...

Like the Stargate fan design Scarab (looks Vasudan huh?)
I have no way to contact the author though I got the word out that I'm looking for him on BC sites. I also did a texture swap from the brownish drab covering for one of his other models and I think it vastly improved it.

If things work out I hope to add 3-4 more of his models to JC's SG-1 project.
(Note it's JC4JC's project on GW, so don't expect any releases soon, but I keep a record of my efforts so if something happens later there is an archive.)

Any chance i could get some of the stuff youve worked on then to see what i can get out of it by fooling with it? Over the past couple of months ive gotten a fair amount of trek stuff working but not alot.  Any tables and ships you could give me (fighters i need badly) would be great.  No one works on trek mods any more........  :(