Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 140658 times)

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Official Robotech Mod Thread
Originally posted by Earthpilot

There is also a version with ARMDs, but i talked with somebody yesterday (who was it? *damn*)  and we came to the conclusion to call this the SDF-2.

I thought the ARMD version was shown in Macross: Do You Remember Love as the SDF-1? The SDF-2 was the Megaroad-01 which looked different from that picture, I think it was shown in Macorss Flashback 2012.
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Don't get sidetracked... The focus is on the American version (called Robotech. Part 1 is Macross SAGA), NOT Japanese Macross. Ryuune is doing a MACROSS TC so his has the ARMDS instead of dedelus and prometheus...

If you have read this ENTIRE thread from the beginning you would have seen all the discussions we talked about and the mis-communications of people who thought this was supposed to be a Macross mod (It is NOT)... No offense against Macross but although Robotech IS "the bastard child of 3 different series", it still was the coolest thing ever released on American Television it the early 80's (and I watched it all through Junior high for 3 years)...

There is a SERIOUS gap between quality games for western fans of anime. All the best games are never allowed out of Japan (you have to modify your consoles)..

For example there is a SEGA SATURN game for Gundam that makes the normal PS2 look sick... A totally digitized Godzilla game with all the monsters that makes American dreamcast look stupid, and of course for their PS2 they have had Macross VFX1 & 2 for the last 5 years or so... And THAT is of the quality you've seen in the JUST RELEASED Macross Zero movies so as a WESTERN ANIME lover I am VERY dissapointed in SONY, BANDAI, Gainax, Sunrise, and all of those companies from ignoring their untapped potetional of long term non-Japanese customers.. Hell I had 3 of the 5 shogun warriors in 1977-78... $50.00 a pop for a 2 foot tall piece of plastic that shot missiles that little kids chocked to death on (but dammit WE LIKED IT THAT WAY!)  :drevil:

Wow, that was a rant and a half... Excuse me I need to play some Fire Bomber music now...

Trashman, sounds great! I am So sorry to make it sound like I need a gazillion versions, it wasn't my intention... Take whatever time you need no rush.. You do realise how appreciated you are (at least by me!!!). You've made one of my most cherished childhood dreams a reality (sorta ;) ) and that SDF-1 ROCKS!!!

TWO things for all you guys. First, I would like to have a policy that all models CREATED for this mod be freely available to anyone for use for any project as long as YOU guys are credited. I am sick of people who create great works of art and then get all Grinch on them, especiall when this subject is one of the LEAST rich in resources, it's not like Star Trek that has a dozen models for every concievable confuguration  :p  (sarcasim, not imeant to be an insult).

If that is a problem let me know...

Second, while you guys are busy I would like to bother the community texturers to see if they would like to start enhancing our maps. Adding glows and shine , ect.. for the high end users who can make use of them.. That would be a cool option to have and yet not impact regualr game play as they do not need to activate those options and just run it as normal FS2 as I am doing now. Does that sound cool?

Anyway that's all for now... I'm racking my brain for more ideas to actually make these missions better but I thought I would give you guys a glimpse of future stuff as I am reworking the old missions and God they suck! Plus the numberring is NOT final, 2 years ago I had no idea if the ground ones would EVER be possible but even without the "ground mod" we can fake it and use skyboxes and a large  ground surface pof... So maybe macross Island invasion CAN be done?  Anyway that's for the future to mess with here are the things I did that I am re-screwing around with.. (BTW what did you think of my first attempts at mision 1?)

Mission 2 Space fold (around pluto salvage warships and save civillians)
Mission 3 Unamed filler
Mission 4  Blitzkriege (The Saturn attack)
Mission 7 Blind Game (Recon Mission goes VERY Bad)
Mission 10 Farewell Big Brother (character development)
Mission14 Wedding Bells (more character Developmenmt)
Mission 15 Force of Arms (A big climax)
Mission 18 Khyron's revenge (The END?)

Of course Granite city, and operation Star Saver would be in there somewhere I just need to figure out IF it is possible or make up more filler missions. I came up with that list from watching the episodes over and over doing the voice captures for the wingman chatter, and mission briefs. I decided that outline of episodes that could actually be represented in game otheriwse the player won't feel entertained or needed... Of course certain events will be tweaked for gamplay purposes, but above all it's supposed to be FUN...

L8tr!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 11:47:21 pm by 2035 »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

@GRG,Trashman,EarthPilot

I've just finished updating the alphas :) it come in 2 flavors, with gunpods and without. The models are courtesy of AncientAngel and Aisirul, thanks to this guys we have the alpha's. also the invid crab is done and pof'ed. to wrap it up I've included the Garfish and Marathon they have subsystems,engine glow etc but no turrents yet (turret) I leave it 2 u guys to turret this babies. tonight I'll be working on the Horizon Drop Ships, Hawkeye's hopefully tomorow I can sent it to you. Eh Trash neat pose on the Alpha mech is it ok if u can send me the model to do some test ? and check ur yahoo mails guys I'm sending  u the models as I speak. Peace Guys
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
750 Watts Thermaltake PSU
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I am Death Incarnate :mad2:
Sorry but.......You have a focus of a shotgun :P

PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240

Offline Getter Robo G

Chinaman if you make an albumn on yahoo (which is great cause they hold like a gazillion pics!), you HAVE to go to MY photos and then EDIT albumn preferences.. Initially they are PRIVATE, you have to change it to PUBLIC setting otherwise we all get denied access...

I just DL"ed them all and will test them! COOl Beans!

I just got contacted by a possible extra Invid Modler? Anyway Keep lines of communication open as to WHAT you guys are working on BEFORE you start (stops triple effort lol)

Trashman is working on SDF-1 varients and possible later skinning VT's

Chinaman is doing Horizont and varients(2)?

Earthpilot (I think) was working on the Ikazuchi...

If the others test out I will slate them for finialization. any models actually completed will be taken off the list... Awesome...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Glory shot Mk 2 :) enjoy
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ch_shotgun/detail?.dir=b24a&.dnm=b29f.jpg
T.Y.  for the tip GRG, pictures are now shared for public view.
do we have any updated model of the super veritech ? the one I have is from the old robotechFS2 mod which is not so good.  Question what are those 2 large containers hanging under the wings of the Horizont ? are they missile canisters or cargo pods. if they are missile pods I can convert it to a bomber designed to carry reflex warheads otherwise it will be transport ship or whatever. the Hawkeye will make a good Awacs.

Peace !
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240

Glory shot Mk 2 :) enjoy
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ch_shotgun/detail?.dir=b24a&.dnm=b29f.jpg
T.Y.  for the tip GRG, pictures are now shared for public view.
do we have any updated model of the super veritech ? the one I have is from the old robotechFS2 mod which is not so good.  Question what are those 2 large containers hanging under the wings of the Horizont ? are they missile canisters or cargo pods. if they are missile pods I can convert it to a bomber designed to carry reflex warheads otherwise it will be transport ship or whatever. the Hawkeye will make a good Awacs.

Peace !
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240

Offline Getter Robo G

Umm Trashman was resizing the Invid I sent him (the Gurab), I forgot to take that off the list... However if he isn't finished or started it want another go at it?

You over armed it a LITTLE (grin) but that is no biggie, the big thing is the size... Can you remove 40-50% of the height? They TOWER over my battloids and in the series you can see almost 3 of them wrestling with a battloid! I will settle for making them same size 1/1.  You currently have them at 42m tall, the battloids are like 26m tall

We are using the other alpha the no gun (AISIRUL's), but I was gonna have trash add a gun to them, if you want to take the gun and add it to the other alphas that would be great, I wasn't gonna bother for now as they are complete and textures renamed just minus teh other gun pod...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=ef5a&.dnm=58b5.jpg

I forgot if I included them in the main model DL? I thought I did (If I forgot my bad!!!) I just like his alpha better, even if he forgot the gunpod. Trash already added a gun to the battloids.

Now as for the Garfish and Marathon, nice work! they don't crash anymore when they die... I think however the turret on the Garfish needs to be it's own group (right trash?) otherwise it will rotate that hull section also???

Both of them are ALMOSY sized perfectly... if you could make them maybe 5% bigger it would be great as those doors are supposed to open and launch 6 Alphas in fighter mode.

We can simulate this by making only the TOP 3 doors as subobjects and then use a sexp to destroy them (simulating explosive bolts) and FRED fighters launching from the bays... I think that could work (again corrrect me if I am wrong). I got a lot of ideas and gonna be a real pain in the BUTT! But I definately say this is on the right track so far...

Chinaman, Do you have the Alphas I uploaded originally? if not I can resend you the cobs I have, as they are the right size I was shooting for (for adding AA's gunpod).dimensions are 14/6/23 even that is too big as the Alpha is very small but I made it around original VT size and any smaler PCS crashed on me..

As for the Horizonts:  The one plain is just a light transport and is usually considered "between jobs"... The one with the two Cargo Containers are MULTI-USE, as BOTH could be fiilled with dozens of Cylone Riders or ground troops, or extra equipment... An alpha fighter can dock underneath the central fuselage...

The one with two protrusions on the wing IS a missile varient that launches reflex torpedoes. I have the OLD model for SDF-1 missiles but new ones will go for the Horizont.

I hope I haven't talked your ear off :P BTW that site Ilisted tells you all about the ships I listed (mostly) though of course the sizes will be wrong in FS2, enigne thingy, perspective is screwed, no big deal...

Any questions do NOT hesitate to ask :D L8tr!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 06:53:43 am by 2035 »

Offline Getter Robo G

This dissappearing seconday thing is bugging the shiznit outta me!

I gto two missiles for the mod but they both do not show up in game though they wrok otherwise... In the old mod they worked fine. Inthis one the textures on thepof's dissappear... WTF..?

anyone have this problem before? all setting and textures are correct...

I'll try resizing those models as soon as possible. any decrease in size gives me an error when I begin editing them in PCS. I'll increase the size for both Garfish and Marathon by 5% and decrease the size for the gurab by 50%:). I dont think I had ur initial version of the alpha It would be nice if you can send them.
I'll update on the Horizont later.

Peace
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
There is something wrong with the Invid mesh.... I don't think I can re-size it..

B.t.w. - StarDragon, you have that re-posed Alpha. Do put it in your yahoo folder since chinaman want's it.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

ermm....

GRG i meant sounds not music (stuff like engine noise, weapons fire, transformation sound and all that)

considering modelling a hint:  i only knew blender before this so it will gonna take a while until i get fully around.
Is there any picture around with the backside of the ikazuchi?

Missions:
there should be more missions between Pluto and Saturn.

Also it would be great to split the "force of arms" mission up into smaller ones (like in fs2 the protection of the bastion and the escape from the supernova).

Ships: what ship is supposed to take the role of a supply ship?
Do we build one for space or do we set up a trigger on the prometheus ( e.g. a veritech flies to a specific point on prometheus at a specific altitude, sets speed to 0 and gets rearmed and refueled)?

erm, wasn't there something in the readme of the first mod that stated some problems when using the boobytrap mission in fred?

Offline Getter Robo G

Chinaman I will be uploadind the AlphaMech and textures (same model with diffrent sets of red blue and green textures, though no green for now) in a few minutes...

The reason is that for the moement the texture replacing thingy is NOT working so multiple entries for color type are need FOR NOW... this is not in stone so don't worry and is no big deal...

Trashman,  will the Invid need to be built from scratch? Can you (bites nails and cringes)? That model is one of the weakers ones and really can't be bigger than the alpha...

Oh and was I right about the Garfish's turret? Anyway please take a look at the Gar and Mara (I think Chinaman sent them to you also) and let him know if they need more work. I don't think he's done turreted ships before but at least he got them subobjected enough that blowing them up doesn't cause a crash!!! Whoopie! DEATH SCREENIES!

Earthpilot, sorry for that I mis-understood... I am still scouring net for additional audio sources as I did the voice rips LONG ago and didn't think to do effects back then as FS2's were good enough for my home brewed efforts (I never thought I'd get a team together for a proper mod!). If you got suggestions I am ALWAYS open to hear them...

even better:

I have The movies "Do you remember love" and "lovers again",
all episodes , and - as i mentioned - almost all episodes of an anime series called gundam wing.

All these series are using the same sounds! I got a Gundam Wing DVD and the rest on VHS. And since i got a cable to connect from my video to theline-in of the PC....

The good thing about those non-Robotech animes ( i do call macross as non-Robotech this time) is that they are not stuffed with music so i think i can get some good footage.

Hey folks, what about these size comparison charts:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 12:25:58 pm by 1620 »

Offline Getter Robo G

I saw that also.. BUT

For GAMEPLAY purposes no ship (with 2 exceptions) are going to be bigger than SDF-1...

Otherwise this will begin to impact low end users and second it won't be very fun if everything is always being blotted out by Zent ships!

So take the Zent chart and using the Nupetiet as equal  to SDF-1 (or ever slightly shorter would be good) compare the rest as they look against the Nupetiet's NEW size for their FS2 suggested sizes...

As for the look of getting surrounded by 5 million ships I am already on that, but we need a lot more zent cap ships finished first. I found the old fleet background pics for Terrans, Vasudans, and Shivans. I can use that as a guide I think and use the new models to make a ring around the background. We also need this later..

Now the two exceptions I mentioned before will be the Robotech Factory Satelite and Dolza (Bodolza's) Fortress... Those will be done via pofs, background maps, and skyboxes SOMEHOW but we will make it work with luck.. Since those will be the trickest save thinking about them for LAST...

EarthPilot, great to hear you got some decent sources... I think I can scounge up japanese version of Macross DYRL... I had to delete my entire Gundam Wing and X collections to make more FS room! So if you want to start sound collections for effects, feel free to, Though I really need models as a priority for now.

A couple of major changes...

Alpha fighters (semi-Final they just need gun mounted) for Red Green and Blue uploaded WITH tables. Apla Batlloids also uploaded with tables. simply use the NEW ship table and delete the old one...

Weapns, one minor change the GAU-8 is now the GU-13 (as stated in sources)...  Also I edited the alphamech models. I gave them a triple barrel now as stated, and also duplicated their missile from fighter mode 2 per intake (becomes shoulders). Though not listed, like a gundam some models have head mini missiles. I gave them a seconday missile bank (2) one on each side of the head for a small weak missile...

This means the Alpha Battloids are FINISHED!!! Only the green texture is needed (using blue for defualt), as red adn blue are PERFECT!!! Someone with photoshop yell out if you can make one of those texture sets GREEN same current shade as the fighter texture... Then all you need to do is add that map to the folder and Green battloid is done!

New model needed for shadow fighter (actually only head and gun are different) as well as texture... In fighter mode it will have a honking huge ass destablizer on top and in battloid mode I figure making it a shoulder cannon with the right arm curled up holding it. The Shadow fighter will have it's main shoulder missiles BUT instead of a seconday missile system it will use the weak head lasers Trashman made... The primary goal of the shadow fighter is NOT combat per say,it is breaking through defenses with little opposition and using stealth for surprise... But it will be able to defend itself, no worries!

Lastly I posted the current credits format, listing team members and positions as well as model sources... If anything needs to be changed let me know (models made from scratch are attributed as they are finished). IF you guys want your emails listed let me know.

Same thing with suggestions, ideas, or thoughts... I've had this vision for two years, but seeing a goal reached is more important than personal vanity or stubborness :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 01:35:29 pm by 2035 »

GRG/Trash
 I've just sent u some update REF models. a resized gurab and the Hawkeye AWAC. I was working on the Horizont lastnight but I screwed up the model and have to restart again hopefully by tomorow I could send them 2 u guys. I've resized the gurab to 8x11x8 this is the smallest value I could get from Lithunwrap. tested it in game :) a bit small though, like shooting a fly in space :( (nasty little buggers) check ur emails I've already sent them 2 u a few minutes ago. Also check out the Hawkeye. as for the Horizons I will send them probably a bit later.

Peace
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
In my oppinnion you should probably concetrate on the Macross series. Robotech was a mix that in the end made litlte sense. So much from Macross was actualyl cut out..
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline magatsu1

If I wanted to see more of the Macross history (or whatever) which series do you chaps reckon I should chase after. I think Macross2 is in HMV rifght now ? or maybe Robotech ?
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Errmm I was browsing me drives when I found out that I downloaded a Macross DYRL TC for Homeworld along time ago. I was going through the contetnts when I found out that there is a whole lot of stuff for Macross/Robotech here. Question are we allowed to "Barrow" stuff from this TC and have it converted to FS2 ?
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240

Offline Getter Robo G

NO!  

There may be SOME overlap in the original mod but that was a cause for a little controversy... I also have that mod and once you guys were ready to make more models I was gonna send you specific ones to reconstruct using the HW ones AS A GUIDE ONLY. You would have to make them from scratch...

Now I DID have a model swap with one fo the team members over a year ago BUT I am not confortable with the though of any of them comming here and seeing their materials used since overall that particular team is particular about their works (as is HW in general I've found).

For the last few days I have been debating going to Relic forums and asking them if I could convert some of their ships as it would fill HALF or at least a 1/4 of our projected slots...

BTW Trashman RYUUNE is on the HW2 Macross team and as well as doing the MACROSS TC for FS2 (Did you notice he had a screenshot of his SDF-1 with shinemaps?) a long time ago in this thread...

The only models we ARE authorized to work on and use entirely are Ancient Angel's REF ships, and Aisirul's. (for now)...

continued next post...