Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 140730 times)

Offline Max Sterling

• Veritech Ace
Official Robotech Mod Thread
Hi! What is the status here, can anyone give me an update?

Would you like me to re-open the website for the MOD?

Perhaps we should get hosted on HLP?

There's a lot of pages to this post so I'm not sure where or what to look at.

And uh, you said you changed your name, but who are you? :)
-Max

Creator of Altered Spirits
http://www.alteredspiritsfilm.com

Creator of the FS2 Robotech MOD
http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/
and Bosch Beer.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Originally posted by Max Sterling

And uh, you said you changed your name, but who are you? :)

he was Star Dragon
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 02:58:42 pm by 153 »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Ouch, no problem...

You came along at the right moment. I was gonna start asking HLP about hosting since we got 3 modlers now.

I'd start at page 1 (it makes for some interesting reading)...

As for me, I'm not suprised I'm not that memorable (we didn't get to run into each other a lot then as I was a noob when you guys mainly dispersed.)  I had managed to track you down through Unknown Target and asked if you and the others would be ok if I continued an effort to expand the original mod. As you can see it's grown SLIGHTLY in scope since then (adding a whole second era), covering the Zentreadi and the Invid invasion (skipping Southern Cross of course).

I was gonna leave a message last month on robotechlan.com but as usual it wouldn't let me in (LOL) ezboard hates me! :lol:

I'm not sure if this would be the right time for opening the website as we still need a little extra help like a texturer or especially a FRED expert (cause I suck ass!)... But especially one is needed who is comfortable with how FSopen works,, I just ran into a annoying bug about new secondary models not being textuered... ? Oops! So you can see we are by no means fully staffed yet and I wouldn't want to impose upon you, as like any mod, this could die at any time (though we all certainly hope not!).
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Max Sterling

• Veritech Ace
I didn't mean I didn't remember you, I just couldn't tell what your old name was.

You know I have a TON of work that never made it into the MOD? Like I have actual footage from the show that I made into .ani files. Plus I have audio from the show I edited. And some other stuff on my hard drive. So, if you have a place to upload it or a way to send you some huge amount of data, let me know.
-Max

and Bosch Beer.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Guys, PM me and let's talk about the progress you've made. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

welcome , max

in short (i hope i am up to date):
we have a few alpha fighters and SDF-1 in cruiser mode.

chinaman works on the ships of the invid era (like garfish and that transport)

i myself am stucked with the ikazuchi cruiser (also invid era)
i did some texturing and modelling, but haven't been able to turret it yet.

BTW, Max, since we two are Blenderers:
do you know about these scripts?

http://www.redrival.com/scorpius/blender-plugins.htm

and what sound footage do you have precisely?

i do also have a lot of stuff so we might split up work.

Edit: chinaman, trashman, GRG and i have created yahoo accounts with 100Megs of space each. Is that enough?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 11:16:20 am by 1620 »

Offline Getter Robo G

Yeah It's enough. I was thinking of making a few extra accounts as well since the mod will have so much voice files it is like the biggest part of the mod (we won't use all 1 gig of it).

It's a real honor to have Max Dropping in on us cause he is the leader of the original mod. (I just forget if he models?) If so we could sure use more help!!! Do you think any others from the team would get back into RT modling?

To make things easier I plan on kepping all current files seperated for shorter downloads, at least till the final mod is ready. Some people like an all-in-one shot as well.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Please, excuse my blatant ignorance, but there are hoste projects that do not present 1/100 of your activity...

Why not get hosted on a private and different space withing HLP, much like TBP or WC:SAGA...?
If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline Max Sterling

• Veritech Ace
Well, I have the old website still up and its hosted.

I have a model for battle mode SDF-1, did you guys have that? And of course the original Veritechs that I modeled with varying paint jobs.

I dunno all what I have... just should upload it somewheres for you all.
-Max

and Bosch Beer.

Offline Getter Robo G

That would be awesome Max!

Actually if it's under 100MB you can send files to [email protected] and I can transfer then to my briefcases (all them member s have access to my first one, though if needed I will make more)..

As for battle mode SDF-1 I'd love to see it (is it the 7 orions?) Trashman is well on the way with converting his cruiser mode SDF-1 into the battle mode. It was mainly turrets becomming placed on the sides instead of the normal positions in the new form that was a problem (which we solved with changing the new form's turrets from multi parts to single parts)... Not a perfect fix but it will do for now.

Regarding veritechs, if you can skin them we got higher poly ones that Trashman made. (he is still working on armored varients for the standard ones (fast packs)...

Send me a yahoo ID and I will add you to the briefcase and you can access the files. I will have to make a smal upload with the unskinned VT's seperately though. (file name will be obvious).

Lastly I don't know anyting about FTP, hosting, or websites :P I am only using my yahoo account cause so far it seems idiot proof and I can understand it. I would officially ask for hosting but I don't think we have enough momentum yet (we still need some vital areas covered but I really want to see these Anis Max mentioned as I had some made once but my HD crashed and I was unable to make more for over a year (compuer problems).

Offline magatsu1

You lookin' for staff BTW ?
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline Getter Robo G

I've been for a long time :D

What can you do to help us out? I'll give you assingments based on what you're willing to commit to.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm lazy...

Just did the legs and part of the mian gun for the SDF-1 battle mode, and on the fast packs veritech I haven't even started yet, since I have started to work on the battleoid mode...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Getter Robo G

No Worries trashman..

Incidently it occured to me that eventuallly we should have a guardian (gerwalk) mode for the Alpha's. Don't know if we should include Beta Fighters, later...

Offline magatsu1

Originally posted by Getter Robo G
I've been for a long time :D

What can you do to help us out? I'll give you assingments based on what you're willing to commit to.

um, bits of everything, not alot of anythin'. I've done one complete cap ship and I'm workin' on a Fighter, including all interface stuff. Plus there's always FRED 'course.

Uh guess I wouldn't be much use right now. :rolleyes:

Offline Getter Robo G

Don't count yourself short.

If you are interested helping us then I am willing to let you have a go at it. In particular we need more models! I posted 5 lists on page 15 of this thread that need to be worked on. Others are already taken and in progress...  If you can skin models We have a few veritechs ready and waiting, plus I can supply texture maps to try out... Of course eventually all the models done will need ICONS and other stuff like that...

It helps if you've seen the episodes or the movies, that way you are familiar with how they are supposed to look in action ect...

Let me know how you feel about it and if you want to try something.

I know a good test run-model. I got the Invid clam ship (Mollusk Carrier), we need a version that has the shell OPENED, we will use the replace model sexp when it reaches a waypoint and then switch the opened on in and it will launch the fighters...

Offline magatsu1

lemme finish my pet project and then we'll see. Need to learn how to prpoerly use PSP/Photoshop anyway. :)

Offline Getter Robo G

Here is a good representation of the Robotech Timeline and info the mod is based on (with some changes, particularly in the REF era).,.

Also my fanfiction greatly relies on this timeline for it's background history...

http://users3.ev1.net/~nate555/robocon/timeline.htm

Originally posted by Getter Robo G
Has anyone heard from Ryuune? Last post he mentioned his mod almost done was on 2/04, 6 months ago!

You still around guy or did you disappear?

I'm around from time to time, but dont' have time to work on modding lately. The status of my mod is almost all of the ships converted and in game,lots of them flyable (none of them done by me, just converted into FS2, i had all the permissions to use them tought) , but i need to make missions and various inteface modding, and sadly i'm no fredder (i tryed to make some mission but they were plain ugly...)

Again, the inability to have decent working Valkyrie transformations in FS2 cooled down my will to complete the mod, have you guys found a way around it?

btw, i'm no guy, i'm a very happy girl :)

Anyway, your Robotech mod is going fine it seems, i'm waiting for a release (even tought i dont' like Robotech)

Offline Getter Robo G

Didn't know sorry gu, er girl! ;)

As things just got started for real 3 months ago so it's gonna be a while. We made ships lists and I'm still looking for more modlers to help out so we can get this done asap.

I was afraid your project died like the Wing Commander on apparently did. They were close to a demo and then the staff disappeared.

When you get finished please let us know. I wouldn't mind trying to make a few macross oriented missions.

Regarding veritechs, are you using the switch model sexp? In the build I am using the switch texture one does NOT work so I have to have seperate entries for different colored craft.

On a side note to all:  I was thinking of a parody trailer NOT really related to the mod involving DVD footage, in game footage, and a certain German techno song.

Yes it's true, I actually found something more horrible than Lynn Minmay, [Ernie singing Rubber Ducky in German to techno!]

Pheer the Ernie attack of the UN Spacey!

I just need to find a video of him singing the song normally to add to the music and the other footage.

Am I evil or what?
:drevil: