Author Topic: Theories, Post 'Em In Here!  (Read 15380 times)

Theories, Post 'Em In Here!
How about the fact that the catholic church has helped the spread of AIDS in Africa by warning people not to use condoms because they are permeable to HIV even though the WHO has repeatedly told them that this is not true?

That's only a half-truth. Many 'recreational' condoms are indeed permeable to HIV, although such things are rarely labelled as such.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah but they made them put the warning on all condoms not just the recreational ones. Besides I'd imagine that the recreational kind are much harder to find in Africa.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
*Whistles and removes more people from his Christmas list*

EDIT: The Pope, like all church leaders before, is allso a human, and thus makes mistakes.
Unlike others, he at least tries to do good and undo his mistakes.
(didn't he apologize for the cruel thing the church did in the past...I don't recall others doing so)
He's the best Pope so far, a truly unique man (I know some people who know him), and the world is a better place with someone like him.

As for the AIDS thing, if you are carefull, you can't get it  - condom or no condom - so that's a mute point.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 03:18:47 pm by 624 »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
Originally posted by TrashMan
As for the AIDS thing, if you are carefull, you can't get it  - condom or no condom - so that's a mute point.

[color=cc9900]Well, aside from a condom or some other contraception methods, the alternative is no sex. Considering that all these people are told by Christianity is that the sole purpose of condoms is to prevent conception, it's not surprising that they go at it without one and spread STI's all over the shop. It might be a mute point for someone like yourself brought up in a decent school with proper knowledge about the world (but sometimes I wonder), but if your life is based on what this one idiot says and you don't have any way of knowing he's wrong, where do you go?

Oh dear, there I go from your Christmas list. Such a shame.[/color]

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
The pope is a poor, old, ill person forced to occupy a job he doesnt want anymore.

I won't comment on the actual discussion as a) this doesn't fit here and b) i'd be removed from more than a christmas list :p
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Unless someone here has a theory about this being a shivan conspiracy, replacing the pope with a shivan and then to help spreading HIV through false information and propaganda and by doing that, forcing human beings into extiction!!! :D :D

I've been watching too many sci-fi movies I guess. :rolleyes:
(Damn.... I won't be receiving a Christmas present the next year!! :p )

*wanders around thinking about what he just said*
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 02:37:06 pm by 1606 »
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Damn it, my plans were discovered :shaking:
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.