Author Topic: Freespace 2: First Person Shooter  (Read 46430 times)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Freespace 2: First Person Shooter
lol.....
yeah know....they had people inside that there derelict in derelict ;7

Not to mention - you can actually play as part of the NTF against vasudans! maybe get onboard the transport with bosch and then Gordon Freemen style into a Shivan jug?
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

There IS a Star Blazers FPS in development for HL2... how about for now leraning what the HL2 engine limits are and plan some models and basic ideas and then seeing how the Sb mod turns out?

Basicly they plan on ground and in ship combat bwteen Starforce personnel and the Gamilons.
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Make a FS mod for this and I will be eternally greatful!! ;)
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by Ghostavo
Make a FS mod for this and I will be eternally greatful!! ;)

3000ad already is working on a more FPS oriented verion, but we'll have to see how that turns out.

http://www.3000ad.com/press/3000ad_pr_030904.doc

Some early screen shots.... from the X-Box title. http://www.3000ad.com/shots/kb.shtml
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Offline Havock

GTVA would have learned from the "hallfight" (which rules, by the way)

i think they would go for more mobility, perhaps some sort of exoskeleton for the marines, to make things a bit more even against the shivans which don't need gravity.

but who said it were shivans?

might as well have been a couple of shivan-built defensive 'bots.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Fractux... wouldn't you like to command an Orion and deploy fighters and stuff? :D
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

(he should soon appear :nervous: )

Edit: Why, oh why isn't Starcraft easily MODdable? The Human/Zerg/Protoss combo is really similar to FS-lore and the game itself rocks.

Multiplayer... "OMG SHIVAN RUSH KEKEKEKEKE ^__^ u suck >:( "  
:shaking:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 04:43:35 pm by 1621 »
lol wtf

Ya know, I have a history in MODing Starcraft, and I could probably MAKE something like that. Only problem is, even with a staff of 10, it would take over a year to make it. AvP2 MOD for Starcraft is STILL in development since 2002. Dont luck out there...

But I believe Half Life 2 would easily be the best to MOD with. I can make levels, while the guys with 3D Max can go at it with the Shivan and Terran design. I imagine it wouldnt be hard to replace the Marines from Half Life with different uniforms. Believe me, Half Life 2 is the easiest to mess with (note the awesome mod: natural selection) and also one of the best. We also have to think about one BIG thing:

The Physics

Holy crap, I have watch the Half Life 2 video over and over and over again, and I must say that simply, the physics are what are the mainstay of this monster, and I think that ANY attempt to utilize it would bring fourth much rejoicing. Besides, I know that possibly SOME of us are getting tired of Space Combat, and want to bring it to the GROUND baby. Yeah!!

One mission I had in mind was the first one, when the GTVA is pulling civilians out of Cygnus Prime. The planet can serve as an awesome battlefield...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Havock
but who said it were shivans?

[V] did.  They stated that what was seen in Hallfight were the shivans themselves. Not shivans bots, not shivans pets and not shivans in ID4 style biosuits.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

It even had the Shivan's in the briefing room tech, and has the recording of them running at the camera. It also has the actual shivan standing around in FS1 command tech. So there...

Offline Fractux

Originally posted by Ghostavo
Fractux... wouldn't you like to command an Orion and deploy fighters and stuff? :D

Beleive me, I've dreamed many a dream. But my view of an ultimate space sim  has no place in the FPS thread.

Let alone in reality becuase my ultimate space sim dream is for it to be real life!! minus the shivans and conflict and all that other nasty stuff.... which is even further from reality....

so back to square one...

:rolleyes:
-What exactly gets separated in "mechanically separated chicken" ?

Well, we COULD have it so that you are on the bridge of the Orion, and you have the discression to launch fighters or fire beams or something like that. BUT SUDDENLY!

"Sir, I'm getting a primary reactor breach. Beam weapons are going offline."
"Right. Alpha 1, move down and check it out. See what the hell is up with that reactor."
*Alpha 1 goes down to reactor*
*A shivan is chewing on the metal and *****
Alpha One: OMG! AAAH! *shoots Carl*

Originally posted by Knight Templar
I think we should mod it from Duke Nukem Forever.

If it ever comes out. Its been in the making for years. 3drealms still keeps saying the release date will be when its done.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
How about a HLP FPS? :D That'd be fun, we could base it off the RPG and the movie :D

Nope we wont. FS2 will use the HL2 engine, and I'll do level design and I guess Lightspeed can do models. We'll see...

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
I see great things happening soon.
lol wtf

This won't be abandoned like the last time an fps project was started will it?

Of course not. ANY dedicated FS2 fan will stick it out through the making. At least I hope they will...

I can get level design up in about a week for 1 level. The lighting effects take some time to get used to, but over time it wont be too hard. We could probably get a sample mission out, if you guys wanted to.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Hahahaaa, you're funny. This has been stopped and started, what, 10 times already? I even started it at one point! :D :p

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
How about getting TVWP missions up and going? :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist