Author Topic: The Sathanas fleet?  (Read 19236 times)

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
one thought: could the Shivans have actually managed to do the impossible? If gravity directly affects subspace, then would not have subspace collapsed one the super-nova came, thereby destroying the Shivans within?

They first launched a massive subspace pulse...and only then did Capella go Nova. Perhaps...the pulse, its a key to all this. I dont think it opened up any kind of node or layer into subspace - hell, I doubt it did anything like that. It appears more like....a signal, a beacon perhaps? Something that could send off a message accross subspace, perhaps outside the galaxy...maybe even the universe itself?

The sathanas then jumped out, but the few left behind would have been able to use the pulse, or what was left to trigger the explosion to make sure hte GTVA didn't follow the Sathani out, or find out what they were sending out either (now with ETAK, everything was compromised)....god knows where the sathani went though.........
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I dont know about this whole beacon stuff.
But what is clear to me at least is the fact that the shivan casused supernova was a kind of desperate act on theyr behalf.
As for the whole 80+ Colossus theory that the shivans might have feared I dont know what to say if I were them then I would sure as hell take into consideration.
Also I doubt the fact that the shivans would wilingli destroy an entire starsistem just for the pourpose of sendind a mesage and why Capella why not any other sistem because if what you say is corect then eny sistem would do.
No I believe fermly that the blowing up of the Capella star has something to do with the bigger problem that the shivans I believe feared.
This only problem could only be something like another force more powerfull then even the shivans because it fits the general pourpose of the shivans as beeing not great destroyers but great preservers.
They anihalated the Ancients but failed to do that with the GTVA a first of its kind it might add. So think about if those Sathani were nothing more then a desperate measure of delaing what the Shivans might consider inevitabl or at least giving other civilations another chance of fighting this bigger problem wher they failed. Who knows what subspace node laied undiscovered in Capella wich explored by the GTVA wich we know is a very curios entity might of lead to god knows what, and the shivans only wanted to prevent the opening of a Pandoras box.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

I'm so sick of that theory, tbh. "It must be ANOTHER UBER ALIEN FORCE with super mega Death Rays that even the Shivans crap themselves over!" No offense to you, AlphaOne. I just hear it all the time, and Honestly, I can't find much credibility to it.

Oh, and where'd you hear the 'great preservers' part?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
The only credibility behind it, is Dave B. saying that, "The Shivans are meerly a symptom of a much larger problem."...

AHTW

That can be interpreted as have multiple meanings. I don't see how it provides much support to the argument.

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Larger problem: Humanity is outside it's natural borders.
Larger problem: We are damaging subspace.
Larger problem: We have taken far too big task.
Larger problem: WHERE ARE MY JARS OF EXPIRED JAM
Larger problem: zomg überspecies #42149051
Larger problem: Hey why can't we all just get along
and so on
lol wtf

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well i cant beat that argument but I must say that the othr ones dont make mnuch sense either at least th one regarding the whole subspacedamage thing because if I remember corectly the Ancients were traveling through subspace much more intensiveli and for a lot more time then the GTVA did and they were obliterated.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Unless [V] releases the plot for the FS3 we'll never know. At least it's fun to speculate.
"It  is a gross misconception that the web have a higher porcentage of maniacs, low-lifes and retards than other media. They're just more vocal in the net"

"Yes, yes I know. People are idiots and do stupids things. There's nothing you can do about that. So get over this and make me a sandwich"

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by Janos
Larger problem: Humanity is outside it's natural borders.
Larger problem: We are damaging subspace.
Larger problem: We have taken far too big task.

But how are the Shivans a symptom of them?

AHTW

For the Damaging subspace part, it could be that by destroying subspace with inferior tech, we're pinpointing our location for the Shivans, and giving the sufficient reason to wipe us out apart from the fact that they seem to be genocidal...

FUKOOOOV!

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
heres a problem the shivans could be a sympthom of:

Space is overpopulated.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I didn't notice shivans had fear.
They seem to throw ships at the GTVA even if they get wiped out wave after wave after wave. They don't fall back. They don't relent. They don't stop. They don't care for casualties.

Don't see fear in their behavior.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Huh well I must admit that the shivans have no fear I must say that If mi estimates are corect theyr losses were much higher then what the GTVA had but they had reserves th GTVA depleted them. Well that was until they brought in the Sathani wich obliterated fleet after fleet after fleet....but still not taking into acount the Sathani the Shivans might have been beaten back a little before theyr ovwerwhelming numbers in destroyers and corvettes would tilt th balance!
But still I dont know what to say I mean we know that the shivans were the simptom of a much bigger problem and I do agree that until V releases the plot for FS3 we dont know but still its is fun to speculate!
I mean I just thought of another reason if the shivans knew no defeata till the destruction of the Lucyfer the they must have been somewhat stunned at the outcoming I mean here is a race which was clarely outpased by the technology of the shivans taking out theyr uber "hey look at me I'm a bif ass mtf invinceble destroyer".
That must of made them to econsider the whole issue!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Larger problem = perpetual intergalactic survival of the fittest (?)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
the larger problem could be what the Shivans were running from. In this case I mention running cause thats what they seem to be doing.

the initial lucifer fleet spotted the GTVA, as well as a route through. So it decided to notify the main Sathanas fleet and then proceed to do its job of clearing the local infestation so that the primary fleet could get through. Unfortunately, it failed the mission leading the Shivans to think that the GTVA were ub3r difficult to beat.

Come thirty years later, and the GTVA is once again encountered, offering the oppurtunity once again to find an excellent route. This time however, the Shivans find it in Capella as opposed to Earth or anywhere else, and dispatch Sathanii to get there. That would explain it...but [v] ought to do it at least....seing that FS3 is dead and all....
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Larger Problem: An imbalance in The Force...

:D
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.