Author Topic: TBP Base 3.0 and Earth-Minbari War released  (Read 36388 times)

TBP Base 3.0 and Earth-Minbari War released
Doesn't Inferno have beam firing Shivan bombers, you couldn't just take a page out of whatever they're doing???

Unfortunaly SCP staff isn't very thrilled about it. Maybe it won't get done.

What do you mean they're not very thrilled about it? Too much work or something? Seems to me that it's a pretty important component, I'd think that most of the smaller Vorlons, Shadows and probably the Drazi (oh, and Drakh) would fit under the gunship form.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 12:41:01 pm by 1332 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
It is not an issue with firing beams, we have already done that with Nials. The problem is that fs2_open does not support three primary weapons, it's as simple as that.

Messing with AI code is dirty, dangerous and a lot of work.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You never know what the SCP guys are gonna pull out of their hats.  I just saw something in screenshots from a bleeding edge build that challanges the longstanding answer to one of the most requested features, which was always "no way, Hose".  It was like carved in stone that this couldn't be done under FS, but there it was.   I won't say what it is, but if it isn't already being shown off in the SCP forums, it will be soon. ;7
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
You never know what the SCP guys are gonna pull out of their hats.  I just saw something in screenshots from a bleeding edge build that challanges the longstanding answer to one of the most requested features, which was always "no way, Hose".  It was like carved in stone that this couldn't be done under FS, but there it was.   I won't say what it is, but if it isn't already being shown off in the SCP forums, it will be soon. ;7

it's "No way, Jose`" by the way.

anywho, yeah, the SCP are full of surprises, same with this team... can't wait to see the B5 station itself, ingame...

and i think LS has a little job to do with shinemaps for the babylon project, too. ;)
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, its not in the forum yet, so I'm gonna PM one of the team members to see if they plan on showing this off with any kind of fanfare.  When I saw this thing I remember shouting out loud "Well Son of a B*tch!"  The they may be keeping this thing out of the limelight to avoid it taking too much focus from work on the main builds... you remember how Env-mapping and Shadows (no, not the B5 ones) took the limelight, when SCP was supposed to be in bug-squishing mode?  In the case of the shadows, this has yet to be followed up on, so it tends to get alot of pestering by salivating board members who want to see it working.  This "something" may be another instance of this effect, where a new yet buggy feature takes more attention than the SCP guys would like.  Oh, well... time will tell.  Oh, and good catch with the "Jose" thing... I don't know what I was thinking.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Agh!  Quit nosing around!

You're not far off the mark on your explanation, there. ;)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Turnsky
and i think LS has a little job to do with shinemaps for the babylon project, too. ;)

LightSpeed has only done our weapon effects, well apart from missiles anyway. Shinemaps and glowmaps are made by Col. Fishguts.

Hello i just dl all the mission and campaings but when i go to the campain i see nothing the same for single missions. do i have to do anything manually ? please help thank you.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by _Valorum_
Hello i just dl all the mission and campaings but when i go to the campain i see nothing the same for single missions. do i have to do anything manually ? please help thank you.

Did you install the Earth-Minbari War campaign and the Mission Pack to the same folder as the actual game? You can check it by making sure that these files are in your main game folder (default C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project):

-B5-C-sp-EMW01-intelanims-1_0.vp
-B5-C-sp-EMW01-missions-2_0.vp
-B5-C-sp-EMW01-speech-1_0.vp
-B5-MP01-missions-1_0.vp
-B5-MP01-speech-1_0.vp

If not, reinstall the campaign and mission pack. If they are, you can start playing by going to Campaign and selecting Earth-Minbari War Demo (or something else when new stuff is released). Then just hit Continue from the main menu and start playing. Single mission can be found in Tech Data->Mission Simulator->Single Missions.

Hopefully that helps :)

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Problemo...

The installation stops on this error "Extract: error writing to file B5-Core-2_0.vp" at 37%

Does it mean that the whole file is corrupted and I have to download it again?
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The installer checks itself for possible crc errors, so it is unlikely that the installer is corrupted if the check passes.

Sounds like you either have run out of hard drive space or the installer no longer can access the folder you're trying to install to, or the file that is being written get locked.

And don't you mean B5-Core-3_0.vp? ;)

Try to disable anti-virus software if one is running. If that does not help,then try to install TBP elsewhere, if that does not help either, try to install EMW or MP1 and see if they produce the same error.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Okay, thanks :) I'll try that..

"And don't you mean B5-Core-3_0.vp? "

Yes, yes I do :D

EDIT: Getting closer.. Same error at 93%. I closed few applications including anti-virus programs...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 08:01:37 am by 2137 »

I had that same problem with my installer, it's probably because (as the other guy said) you don't have enough hard drive space. You need like 550 to install it.

What's more annoying, is the apparent preference for windows to always use C drive for the temporary files. Why it moves files to one drive, and then back to another is beyond me.
I installed TBP to D drive which has about 25 gigabytes free, but I failed the installation twice because my much smaller C drive only had about 450 MB free at the time. Absolutely ridiculous.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Your temp folder should be where you have the most free space. Windows uses variables to this.

If you've got W2k/XP, you can change it by going to Control panel > System > Advanced > environment variables.

From there you will find user and system variables, each having their own temp. Just create a new temp folder where you have the free space, and change variables accordingly. (Both of them)

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Originally posted by Akalabeth Angel
I had that same problem with my installer, it's probably because (as the other guy said) you don't have enough hard drive space. You need like 550 to install it.

What's more annoying, is the apparent preference for windows to always use C drive for the temporary files. Why it moves files to one drive, and then back to another is beyond me.
I installed TBP to D drive which has about 25 gigabytes free, but I failed the installation twice because my much smaller C drive only had about 450 MB free at the time. Absolutely ridiculous.

I think that is exactly my problem!
On C: drive I have 596MB free and on D: 5,52GB free...

Unfortunately I have the "wonderful" ME...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
If I remember correctly, in W9x and ME the temp variables are set in autoexec.bat which is in root of C: drive.

Open it to a notepad and write following lines to top of the file:
SET TMP=D:\Temp
SET TEMP=D:\Temp

Then save and exit, create a folder named "Temp" to your D: drive, which I assume is the one with 5 GB of free space. Then reboot.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
I've always wondered what are those lines for... Why I didn't think that... Thanks again Mr. Fury :)

[EDIT] And it worked! :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 01:19:48 pm by 2137 »

Offline Raapys

Heya!
Just downloaded release 3.0 and tried the E-M War. Love your work, and that of SCP.
Excellent voice-acting in the missions. Nice to see someone combining two of the greatest things I know of; B5, and the best mission-based space-simulator, FS2.
Im really looking forward to future releases, hopefully some including the Vorlons/Shadows, which are easily the most interesting races.

Keep up the good work!

Personally, I did a lot of reading and must agree that many people feel that way.  But when it came down to the niddy-griddy, I just wanted the humans to kick everone's a$$. =P
The big cool ship...

Intresting format for the ships.  What exactly is IBX format adn is there any programs I can view the files with?