Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 63938 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I just redownloaded and verified the contents of mv_100patch.vp (3.6.7 mediavp patch nro 3) and it does have turret angle fix included. It also uses the old animation code. So it is incompatible with recent 29/12 CVS build.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I think what Jouzin was saying is that he doesn't have any of the three patches installed...since he was using the 12/29 build and not 3.6.7, then it was indeed the same bug that caused the initial orders problem in FRED. Actually, it should've also caused a capship AI bug as well, but I suppose that supercaps are always FREDded to attack head-on or sit still anyways so noone noticed.
-C

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
It should be: "8.23 MB (8,638,027 bytes)"

It is... now.
It used to be smaller than the 3.6.7 mv_core.
I will try it when a new build is posted (not 29/12) and I'll see wat happened.

Another problem: ghost asteroids.
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline wuu

Supercap orders thing fixed, in CVS. I'm not sure why one person was getting it in 3.6.7 :wtf:

Get rid of the 3.6.7 mediaVPs, JudgeMental. That includes the patches...those aren't going to work with recent CVS.

wuu and Murderous, can you tell me the exact filesize of mv_core? (right-click on it, click properties, and copy-paste "Size", not "Size on Disk". It should be: "8.23 MB (8,638,027 bytes)")

Edit: No. Do not use QuickVP. Just do the following...

Never mix files from two different mediaVP revisions.

This is the filesize  8,23 MB (8.638.464 Bytes) I hope it helps.

By the way it works now, I think it was a corrupt download, anyway now I using the standard build 12/2905. The crash happens with the optimized build 12/2905.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 08:40:39 am by wuu »
Der Freigeist

Offline WMCoolmon

:lol:

Uhm, well, crap. I'm about 30 minutes away from being able to check that.

I had a suspicion that people were downloading from the old location (beta) rather than the new one (delta).

Since all the art is either still around or in 3.6.7 I didn't bother to back up the old files before deleting off the server.

Best solution at this point? Wipe out your old mv_core (shift-delete) and download the one from the server. There's no way you can get the wrong one, and I'm as sure as can be that the one on the server should not have the problem. It does sound like yours is different than the server one though, so hopefully that will clear up the problem.

I'm also suspicious that whatever unzip utility people are using isn't overwriting the old one, so that shouldn't be a problem.

If the problem still persists after all that, do a search-in-files from your main Freespace2 folder for "$animation=triggered" and see if you can move out whatever comes up. (If it's the 3.6.8-delta mv_core that you just downloaded, I'm at pretty much a total loss as to what could be causing this).
-C

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
I using the standard build 12/2905. The crash happens with the optimized build 12/2905.

Never tried the standard 12/29.  :( :mad:

EDIT: It appears that the mediaVP patch (all of them) were overriding the Δ mediaVP's (evidently), let see what happens when I "purge" them...
EDIT2: Finally, everything back to normal.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 03:35:12 pm by Murderous Species »
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

*facepalm*  I can't believe I forgot to remove the patch VP's...  I feel bright as a half-watt carbon filament lightbulb.

That fixed it nice and dandy.  Now I must go play.  *giggles with glee*   Oooo, pretty.......

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Redmenace, you may want to change the filenames on those builds you just uploaded to reflect the proper date... we're in 2006 now, after all.  :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
NO it isn't included neither of three patches

Crap ! Sorry people I wrote that wrong 
This is right :)  I have all three patches but I installed none from these three patches in FS2 directory  (I hope this time is this correct)
I hope this time you will understand :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 04:05:06 am by Jouzin »

Offline redmenace

Redmenace, you may want to change the filenames on those builds you just uploaded to reflect the proper date... we're in 2006 now, after all. :lol:
Crap, you noticed those. I haven't had any time the past few days because the Department of Defense is training me on there procurement software....yawn
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
That's all that the OpenAL installer should do. OpenAL works great so what ever the problems are that everyone is having it's likely just a problem with our sound code. The new code will get done soon enough though and you'll be able to use OpenAL or the old DirectSound code in the same build. Any crashes or sound problems would likely be linked to a mix of Creative and NVIDIA (if you have a nForce motherboard) drivers but I know that not everyone with problems has an nForce board.

Just make sure that you have a "debug_filter.cfg" file (create an empty one if it doesn't exist already), run a debug build until it demonstrates all of the problems, and post the fs.log file for me to look at.

Still no music. did as you suggested, got only this:
+General
+Maps
+BmpMan
+Paging
+BmpFastLoad
+Warning
+Parse
+Error
+Sound
+wash

Here's the fs.log file.

www.game-warden.com/singh/fs.log

Please fix the music. I badly want to play FS2 again, but the 3.6.7 exe doesnt work with the 3.6.8. VPs, and if I want to play with a CVS build its only in silence :(
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Erm... do you still have the 3.6.7 MVPs somewhere?  If you do, you could create a directory in \games\freespace2 called "disabled" and move your 3.6.8 beta or delta or whatever VPs there.  Then extract the 3.6.7 MVPs (+ patches too, if you've got them) into whatever directory you're using... hopefully \mediavps .  See http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Installing_mods_for_fs2_open
Just remember that you need to use build 12/22/05 or earlier (3.6.7 build should work fine), and when you switch back to 3.6.8 VPs, you need build 12/29/05.
On second thought... were you using 12/29/05?  If not, that could be your problem.
Summary:
If you want to use 3.6.8 VPs, make sure you've got the latest version of mv_core and that you use 12/29/05 or later
If you want to use 3.6.7 VPs, use 12/22/05 or earlier
A good idea, if you have the 3.6.8 VPs still in archive format somewhere:

erase mv_* from your directory you're using

download the latest mv_core 3.6.8

download the latest CVS build (12/29/05, I think http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,34852.msg721495.html#msg721495 )

put the CVS build in FS2 main dir and the VPs in \mediavps or the dir that you choose.

Setup mod.ini or otherwise as you choose (see wiki link earlier)

BTW I'm using 3.6.8 w/ CVS 12/29/05 and no sound problems.

If this doesn't work, check your FS dir, FS \data dir (& subdirs) and make sure there's nothing there besides the retail VPs (move any mods to \disabled until you get this sorted out)

The only other problem I can think of is a corrupt download... to check this, download 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/ (freeware, no spyware in it) After setting it up, open 7-zip, under Tools > Options, click "Plugins" tab, then "Options" button.  Check all except the last two entries and hit OK twice to close.  Now, find your archive in Windows Explorer, select them all, right-click on one of them and hit 7-zip > Test Archive.  It will check the CRC of your archives and come up with a no errors box if all is well (the box might pop up behind explorer, so minimize everything else if you don't see anything).

Hope this helps.   :)

EDIT: Of course, check your sound settings under the Launcher... only use EAX or Aureal A3D if your card supports it.  If you don't know, just use DirectSound
Also, check to see if you're using latest openal ... http://scp.indiegames.us/download.php?view.122
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 12:15:00 pm by jr2 »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Is the texture replacement fix in 12/29/2005 build or not?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Is the texture replacement fix in 12/29/2005 build or not?

What do you think?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Sorry, latest build is 1/5/6 found in http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/January2006/ (type it in and you should get a directory listing them.)

:doubt: PS Goober or redmenace, don't you usually keep the links on page 1 updated?  Oh well... probably too much on you guy's plates!  Thanks for all you do  :yes:  ;)  :D

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
I WAS using 12/29, but with no effect (I was using 12/21 for the debug, cause there wasn't any debug build included in the standard builds link). The build works fine, no problem, but there is no music!!!! Ive used openAL, ive used all three sound options, but still no music! :(

I deleted off the 3.6.7 VPs, sadly. Any idea where I can find them? I think they've been replaced with the 3.6.8. ones, right?
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline WMCoolmon

The 3.6.7 VPs are still on the SCP downloads page.

If you think it would help, I or redmenace can probably come up with a debug build.
-C

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 1/07/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Sorry, latest build is 1/5/6 found in http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/January2006/ (type it in and you should get a directory listing them.)

:doubt: PS Goober or redmenace, don't you usually keep the links on page 1 updated? Oh well... probably too much on you guy's plates! Thanks for all you do :yes: ;) :D
as I said before, I am adjusting to my new position at work etc. I also have been computerless for the past couple of weeks. Getting everything installed and configured takes time.
              -Frederic Bastiat