Author Topic: Inferno: Alliance Released!  (Read 120959 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Inferno: Alliance Released!
I think it's Asyik. There's a girl I knew called Asya or something.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
You mean Asia.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It was a name... Of a girl... Who was in my primary school class, how should I know. Don't even remember if it was here name or if it's just some spawn of my insanity.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It could be-Asia is an uncommon name but exists. Asya is...the English version I think?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Possibly.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
So what you remember of this girl lies in your mind? Cool.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I just played through INF:A. It's well done, though I spotted some punctuation errors and the missions were rather short. (With the exception of a few missions, such as the last one.) IMO it could have used some pilot chatter other than wingmen dying, and invariably leaving me the sole fighter in the mission. :wtf: Methinks the AI could be bumped up in the AI class selection in the ships editor or something. :nervous:

SPOILER:

What impressed me was when the Megara unleashed its beam for the first time. It fired and the battle piece to Monolith started. Now THAT was EPIC. :D

What's also great about this campaign is that the endless number of fighters gives me an endless amount of targets. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yup. I like the fire coordinated with music.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I know, innit?

What really sucked though was that I had to enable cheats on about 3 or 4 missions because i was getting pummeled by about 4 fighters at once because I was the only one left. :(
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Difficulty balance... we'll try to solve this problem for the next release.

we'll try <---pretty Wooish, uh?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey guis how do I get the aditional fleet? I wan to download it it showns me its size but there is no link to it for me to download it! Is it required for the Aliance mod?
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
It hasn't been released yet. I believe it will be released with the standalone version of INFA.
edited
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:27:26 am by BS403 »
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The original plan was to release it for both, however due to major design changes it'll only be a standalone release now.

The additional fleet isn't required for the INFA campaign, it adds Shivan and Vasudan ships to the INFA shiplist.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx guis! Just started to play INFA and so far so good! I love it! Not to much chatter lots of shooting dificult missions well more dificult i asume then the FS2 main campaign!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Uhm he wants less chat...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
He said "not too much"

Meaning either "just about right" or "not enough" and not "too much".

Grammar and Spelling Inquisition:
Thanx guis! Just started to play INFA and so far so good! I love it! Not to much chatter lots of shooting dificult missions well more dificult i asume then the FS2 main campaign!

Thanks, guys! Just started to play INFA, and so far so good; I love it! Not too much chatter, lots of shooting, difficult missions, well more difficult I assume than the FS2 main campaign!

Does this campaign have large space battles, with lotsa ships everywhere?
One of my biggest gripes with the FS2 campaign was that there'd only be like 20 ships, tops, in any battle. Some of those battles seemed like they deserved to have 200-400 ships in the battle, at least.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You may be getting caught up in the Battle of Endor syndrome, in which there are hundreds of capital ships, cruisers, fighters, bombers, civilian craft, everything just shooting at each other. This sort of mission usually sucks very badly as the player is sidelined, there are massive slowdowns, crashes, stuff like that. And there are rarely more than 5 capital ships engaged in a battle at a time in the main FS2 campaign.

Inferno is mostly remembered for multiple uber capital ships, such as the Gigas and Gargant, which are more than 20km long! The Gargant is 38km long!

However, the special release of Inferno SCP, as you probably know now, is quite different from the original release, Release 1, which involved slightly bad mission design. In INFSCP you can expect more elaborate missions like the last few of Release 1.

However, Woomeister is quite reluctant to make a large-scale battle, as seen in the second-to last mission of Inferno R1, Nemesis, which involved huge fleets in battle with the player providing intercept. Although this mission did not suffer from player-sidelining, the more major problem of slowdowns and crashes persists.

Sid or Rampage may have some cool large-scale battles in the works, but as far as a super-obsessive fan boy knows, there aren't any in production at this time.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Well there's a mission of SotGW that is BoE. Battle above Earth. Ships that get too close to the planet are destroyed. Ships with their engines destroyed will fall on the planet.

Cool, uh?

With INFA and its railguns, you can have BoE battle without being ridiculous.

Anyway....
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
But gravity is currently not completely supported.

Nonetheless, we should get that mission into INFA2!