Author Topic: The Original Homeworld Mod  (Read 33499 times)

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Re: The Original Homeworld Mod
Thank you. I'm going to finish up the Lord soon, and pics should come on Friday. I've been checking out the various ship concepts on that website flare linked to, and will add detail that I think was removed due to polygon constraints. I think we're going to go with the bridge "cap" that we see on some kushan ships, that was removed for some reason. I think it looks good, although I'd like public opinion on it.

With flare doing the kushan corvettes, I'm probably going to work on the taiidan ones. What ships would you guys most like to see done first? I may also start on the bentusi trade ship, and I want to do the khar-selim, too. There will be a completed model for the ship so in the tech room you can see what it looked like before the raiders got to it.

The Kadeshi and Raider fleets are pretty bare-bones, so i've been drawing up sketches of new ships for both of them, and after the demo is released i'll probably get started on them. For now, though, we're going completely canon.

We might include stealing as a sexp, rewarding players who protect salvage corvettes, or something, but I'm not sure how we're going to deal with a continuous fleet. We'll probably end up with missions that fail if a carrier or cruiser goes down, and we'll make sure only some frigates and destroyers are taken out. Certainly, vigilant players WILL be rewarded, with special ships to fly, like the pirate bandit, the taiidan triikor, and the kadeshi swarmer.

Also, this mod seems like it has excellent mutliplayer potential. I envision "carrier wars" where a kushan and taiidan team go at it, pitting a carrier and frigate versus a carrier and frigate. I think i'd be a lot of fun.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah, you had to get _real_ good at baiting them away from those things.  But there's good reason for it to act that way, the only thing worse than losing your ships is having them fight against you.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

lol, indeed. I'm very sure the Taiidani got really pissed off when I stole 4 of their heavy cruisers in the last mission alone.
I have created a masterpiece.

You say we could fly the swarmers?

How could you script the whole fuel thing?  Would we have to stay within a certain range of a fuel pod, support frigate, or carrier or something?
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah you could probably script in some sort of timer for running out of fuel, so that it stops your ship if it runs out, and it resets when you rearm.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Well fuel might be added in due to the requests of certain mods, so you might be able to have actual fuel :)

Mod-dependent, right?  I don't wanna have to worry about fuel in campaigns not fuel-dependent.

Also, how will we handle refueling? Does a person need to fly within a certain radius of a capship?  In the docking bay and stop?  Call a support ship?  In the case of swarmers, there are no support ships in the game except for ones the fighters dock with, and not vice versa.  And what happens if you run out of fuel and can't refuel?  Do you self-destruct?
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Tempest

I'm probably going to end up not adding swarmers until fuel support is added, although I was conisdering making the afterburner the regular drives, and somehow causing the support ship to refuel you. It's easier to regulate the support thing with hull integrity and ammunition. Repair corvettes will be called in as support ships and support frigates will probably order you to dock with an autopilot feature.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Tempest

Here ya goes.

It's not "done", there's still work I want to do on the hangar, but I wanted to show this for a reason. I changed the front to match more closley with the concept art, and I always thought that the radar dish was out of place up there, seeing as it LOOKS like an ion cannon, and there aren't any radar dishes in homeworld. The front in the concept art looked cooler, so I made it that way.

Plus, it isn't a poly hog like the brigand, which is nice. Now, i'm going to start to finish up the scaffold.
-Axem

Offline Tempest

Here's the swarmer.

I've just wanted to get that baby done for a while.
-Axem

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Man, that brings back some bad memories.  And some good ones too.  Like salvaging every fuel pod.  Those babies were worth a lot of currency.  After the Kadesh missions I had something like 15000, mostly from recycling those little buggers.

Their advanced versions murdered my entire fighter fleet...

Offline Tempest

Divine wrath in a small package. One of my all time favorite designs.

And now, with that bad boy done, I'll FINALLY get started on the taiidan corvettes. I just really wanted to do that one.
-Axem

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Those look all very impressive :yes:
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Impressive both in asthetics, and in the speed in which you're cranking them out. Can't wait to see the kushan assault frigate.....I always found that design especially pleasing.

You should post these on the Relic Boards, the HW community is still pretty strong there and I'm sure they'd like to see this.

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Raiders Carrier  (one of my faviorites in HW game) looks very good, can't wait too see it textured in game.

@Tempest do you gona add ships from HW Cataclysm?

Offline Tempest

Yeah.

Cataclysm era ships will be added in an expansion pack. Taiidan corvettes should come later.

I'm planning on releasing the Taiidan corvettes in a big jumbo pack of all 5 of them. Pack is 60% complete.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:06:53 pm by Tempest »
-Axem

Offline Tempest

I was going to wait, but whatever. 4 are done. Here they are.

-Axem

Coolz :eek:

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
OK

that does it.

I'm officially a fan now.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D