Author Topic: GTVA Colossus VS SJ Sathanas  (Read 29366 times)

Offline Talhoe

GTVA Colossus VS SJ Sathanas
Just a curiousity.... How many Colossus ships do you think it would take to take down a single undamaged Sathanas class juggernaut. Anyone who made it to mission eight knows what I mean.

I think it would take at least twelve, including the 2880 fighters on board (if they all launch, not likely) . Who knows exactly how many fighters that monster has.
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: GTVA Colossus VS SJ Sathanas
Just one if command knows how to use it.

I had a mini campaign idea a while back about a Sathanas that was found in Ross 128, command trapped it, and then destroyed it with only fighters and RBCs. It was focused in stages around the Sathanas, each stage had a mission and part of the Sathanas you had to eliminate. You started by luring it's fighter compliment into a whole bunch of sentry guns and you destroyed them, then you disabled the Sathanas and take out some subsystems, then you taek out all of it's turrets, then you got to sit back for about an hour while a single RBC took it out.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 07:16:23 pm by thesizzler »

Offline Talhoe

I did say undamaged didn't I? True, you could launch fighters ahead of time and slowly whittle it down, but that is not the point. Just a straight encounter, like the mission with the first Sathanas, but undamaged.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
What is the least effective way to kill a Sathanas?

The way you're asking about. You don't just throw ships at the Sathanas.

Offline Kie99

Just a curiousity.... How many Colossus ships do you think it would take to take down a single undamaged Sathanas class juggernaut. Anyone who made it to mission eight knows what I mean.

I think it would take at least twelve, including the 2880 fighters on board (if they all launch, not likely) . Who knows exactly how many fighters that monster has.

Mission eight of what?

Anyway, it only takes one Colossus to take down a Sathanas, given that is positions itself intelligently.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Talhoe

Perhaps I should rephrase. A Sathanas, compared to the Colossus, in both firepower and armor, is superior in every way. It would take only three blasts from an undamaged sathanas to cook a colossus. So in that comparison. How many colossus ships would it take to match the firepower of the Sathanas.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Your wrong. It takes 25 shots.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Talhoe

*shrugs* In the mission where you try to make a distraction with the Colossus before you collapse the nodes, I only counted three blasts from the Sathanas.

Offline Hades

It was at like 50 Hull.Also they do 4 damage each IIRC.It might be 8.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
To answer your question--two. One will die while the Sathanas is focusing on it.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Hades

You know they both could get behind it and shoot the living **** out of it.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
In Head-on combat, 2-3 would be needed, from the rear, which is the sensible way to attack a Sathy, one would do the job perfectly well.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Depending on deployment, between one and three. If the beams are not overcharged, that number goes up radically.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Talhoe

Hmm. that I can agree with. In the mission where you destroy the first Sathanas though, three shots took the Colossus from 100 % to like 74%, and thats with only 2 cannons. Attacking it from the front is a bad idea I agree.

Offline Hades

Any thing Transport and up going head on at a Sathanas (that is cannon) Will most certainty die.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Talhoe

Unless the GTVA somehow completes a juggernaught class ship. No matter how strong the Colossus was, it was still signifagantly weaker then the Sathanas. Though, if you  took the Colossus, and increased the armor plating at least five times over, It might have a chance head on.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If the Colossus had all its beams on a single facing like the Sathanas does, it would actually significantly outgun the Sath.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Yeah. Stupid evenly spread firing arcs. :D

Offline Talhoe

If the GTVA beam cannon has equal strength of a Shivan one. but by numbers... 4 against 8, you would probably be correct.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
You seem to have made up your mind already... I don't see a reason to answer your question.

However... it would indeed take one intelligently implemented collie