Author Topic: RELEASE: March Missile Mod Mayhem!  (Read 54128 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
RELEASE: March Missile Mod Mayhem!
Every weekday for the next two weeks, I will be releasing a Star Wars secondary weapon, complete with weapon model, tech room model, sound effects and table data.

These are unofficial but original and will likely be used in the final mod. Check back every day for something new and wonderful.

What weapons are they? What do they look like? Which is coming first? Who knows? It's like a Star Wars advent calendar counting down to my birthday.  ;)

Meanwhile, just so you don't feel cheated in a thread with RELEASE in its title, I shall tempt you with these two: an orbital communications satellite and an all-purpose defense satellite.

All the releases have been made, here are direct links to the individual posts.

Monday March 3: Seismic Charge
Tuesday March 4: Intruder Rocket
Wednesday March 5: Proton Torpedo
Thursday March 6: Proton Bomb
Friday March 7: Diamond Boron Missile
Monday March 10: Mag Pulse
Tuesday March 11: Concussion Missile
Wednesday March 12: Homing Swarm
Thursday March 13: Discord Missile
Friday March 14: Buzz Droids
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:30:38 pm by Galemp »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Re: RELEASE: March Missile Mod Mayhem!
That screenshot looks like it's from EAW...
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Playable content!

finally! star wars! *faints*
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
That's great! :D ;7
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
That screenshot looks like it's from EAW...
Probably cause it is. He probably ported it.

Great work!
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Great work! :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Star Wars stuff.   :yes:

downloading now.  Oh, and thanks, dude.  :D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i'll send over my proton torpedo,  its a good model and has LODs too
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
It's already done, chief. I've got 'em all lined up and ready to go, almost.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Hey, I'm the only one who goes by 'chief' around here :)

Actually I just wanted to post something so I'd be watching the thread.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
heh.  :p

Well, it's Monday evening, so here's the moment you've all been waiting for. Let's start things off with a {{BANG}}, shall we?

Seismic Charge

Ever since you saw Episode II, you've been saying "I want that." Well, now you have it.

Faithfully reproduced from the movies with the help of Wookieepedia and the New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, it also features Ben Burtt's unforgettable shockwave.

Its Freespace incarnation is designed as a tertiary weapon, to be fired as a countermeasure from the back of a fighter or from turrets. You'll get best results with a backward-facing missile bank normal and the "gun convergence" flag on.

Oh, one last thing, pertaining to installation. POFs go in Models, TGAs go in Maps, WAVs go in sounds/8b22k, and you have to add the weapons.tbl entry to your own weapons.tbl and cross-reference the sound effect numbers to your personal sounds.tbl. Needless to say you also need it listed as an allowed weapon in your ships.tbl.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 07:05:29 pm by Galemp »

Offline maje

Looking really good, Galemp.  Did you model a high res version for the normal map, or just convert an existing bump map in PS?
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
There's no normal map there, that's the Tech Room / Weapons Loadout model. No worries, there's a lower-resolution in-game model as well.

Offline Topgun

is that my sound effect you are using? if it is I have a better one now. (it's longer and more faithfull to the flims)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i have, in fact, never wanted one.

10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Topgun

I don't care, Master of Doom.
and yes, I know what your name means.

Does the shockwave shred asteroids too like in rogue leader? :drevil:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Topgun

it should.

Apparently according to the screenie it does. I'm going to love seeing this in action :drevil:

But how do you know which angle the shockwave is going to be going so you don't get caught in it?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.