Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3010318 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
20 in september  :(
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im 31 next month. it only goes downhill from here.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
heel bruises are a mother****er.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
im 31 next month. it only goes downhill from here.

We're both thirty? I'm sure there's a satanic relevance you can yield if you apply enough fuzzy logic :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm twenty
Though everyone at the restaurant figured I was older. Ages ranged from 21 to 25 for some odd reason
"No"

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'm twenty
Though everyone at the restaurant figured I was older. Ages ranged from 21 to 25 for some odd reason

If you act responsible, people generally think your 5 or so years older. For some reason, society seems to believe 18 to 23 year olds are raving hormonal driven zombies.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I'm 19, but apparently I look anywhere from 16 to 21 depending on who you ask... Wonder what that signifies. o_o

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I'm 19, but apparently I look anywhere from 16 to 21 depending on who you ask... Wonder what that signifies. o_o

Nothing.  People in general are notoriously inept at gauging age, weight, and height.  Sorry =)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Another pair of my earbuds has ****ed up and now only works on one side.
I swear I think those things are made to break. The best ones I've ever had were made by Apple.
You chew through earbuds/phones like they're going out of fashion, too?

I only buy really cheap pairs now, since I don't want to pay for an expensive pair and have them only last a few months too (granted, I use them a lot).

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I swear I think those things are made to break. The best ones I've ever had were made by Apple.

I only buy really cheap pairs now, since I don't want to pay for an expensive pair and have them only last a few months too (granted, I use them a lot).
Really depends on what you consider expensive/high quality. Otherwise, JVC and Skullcandy and most other off-the-shelf earbuds are complete crap.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Happy birthday, deathfun!

And how old are you fellas? I'm only just 18.5.

21 as of the first day of this month.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

Really depends on what you consider expensive/high quality. Otherwise, JVC and Skullcandy and most other off-the-shelf earbuds are complete crap.

its a byproduct of that hair thin enamel wire they use in head phone wiring (particularly earbuds). it is so prone to breaking its ridiculous. i never spend more than $10 on a pair of earbuds.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline LHN91

Happy birthday, deathfun!

And how old are you fellas? I'm only just 18.5.

21 as of the first day of this month.
21 as of just over 2 and a half hours from now.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool

its a byproduct of that hair thin enamel wire they use in head phone wiring (particularly earbuds). it is so prone to breaking its ridiculous. i never spend more than $10 on a pair of earbuds.
Except there are higher quality models available that won't come apart because of regular abuse. You don't have to use cheap & thin wires with everything. You literally get what you pay for--$10 to you is more like $2 to your retailer. Soundmagic PL50's or HiFiMan RE0's or Monster Turbines or the ever-popular and VERY mod-friendly Koss KSC75's.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:57:35 pm by Bob-san »

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
actually my thing lately is to get headphones that are easy to open up, so that the primary point of failure, the wires, can be replaced with a little soldering wizardry.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
or just take a little preventative action and drop a solder blob on there from the get-go.  hmm.  that makes me think, i wonder if a glob of super glue or epoxy or something at the base of the earbud cords would prevent them from pulling out and shorting.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
thats seldom the point of failure in my expirience. cheap headphone wiring doesnt like to isolate the wires with individual sheaths, this would hinder the flexibility of the cables and result in fatter wires (omg the cables are too thick!), so instead they like to use tiny strands of enamel wire, which share a common sheath. wire makers are cheap so they usually only put enamel on one of the conductors and use bare wire for the other. what happens is that as the cable flexes these wire rub against eachother. if the enamel wears off, you got a short. and its just as likely that one of the conductors will just break outright (they arent very tough). soldier connections on the other hand tend to be rather tough, and so they dont break.

yes some of the higher end headphones have better wiring and better everything else, and if youre an audiophile it makes since to buy them. for me its a hard sell though. i dont give a **** about sound quality and i dont need them to look cool. i just want a pair of headphones that you plug in and they make noise, it doesnt need to sound good at all i listen to black metal and it sounds best when it sounds like ****. if they made a pair of headphones that were designed to be durable, not targeting audiophiles at all, id consider buying them.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Played Tribes Ascend with the Grandhipster himself. Missed my scheduled nod off point by three hours. So am a bit tired now. Unlocked sentinel class :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

Me at work, climbing into the ceiling to open up the door beside me
Our closing manager decided to leave the only set of keys with the ability to open up that door in that room
So I climbed my ****ing way in there, opened up that ****, and made way with a single phrase
"Un****ing believable Jenna"

EDIT:
Random rant that I came up with for no real reason

Scents. Clearly people have no sense

Old Spice deodorant. Here I am looking at my options. I could smell like “White Water” or “Game Day” or “Pure Sport”. I crack open the lid and give it a whiff. I then proceed to attempt a correlation between the scent and the description to which I can’t, because “Pure Sport” makes me think sweat and blood.

I mean come the **** on. Why is it, that every deodorant for men has some obscure description as to what the the hell it smells like? How can I relate to “Showtime”? What kind of ****ing name for a scent is that?
“Oh hello there sir, what are you wearing? That scent is exquisite!”
“It’s nothing fancy, just SHOWTIME!”
Everytime I see that scent, I see Eddie Murphy’s face popping out of the label with Robert De Niro’s condescending look right behind him.

So my question is, where do these things come from? Aqua Reef? Swagger? I wasn’t even aware you could smell like swagger! BUT NOW YOU CAN WITH OLD SPICE SWAGGER. Who sits down there thinking “This smells like swagger, so it shall be thus named swagger”. What the ****

See, if I want to smell like something, I want something tangible. Something I know what the smell for it is.

Flame grilled steak for example. I know this smell. I would love to smell like steak all the time because that’s how I roll. Nobody will go asking “What is that god awful smell” to which I’ll have to respond with “Game Day”. No, it will be “My god, I feel like a ****ing steak right now” which opens up the perfect opportunity for “You can take a bite out of me anytime”.

But of course, we could always go with something simple. Vanilla, for example. There’s nothing wrong with walking about the mall smelling like vanilla. Why? Because vanilla is awesome and anyone who says otherwise are heretics. If they have an issue with a man smelling like vanilla, it’s just because they were jealous they didn’t think of that before they went off smelling like “Pure Sport”
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:48:07 am by deathfun »
"No"