Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061726 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
Currently posting via Steam while I experiment with the Steam browser.  It's... not so great.  Resolution issues, responsiveness issues, and just not as intuitive as it should be.

EDIT: fixed the resolution issues, at least.  Responsiveness still awkward, to say the least.  As soon as I find out how to open more than one tab, it might almost be functional.
It supports middle-clicking, albeit somewhat awkwardly.  God forbid you venture anywhere near something using Flash though.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
why on earth did steam need to make a browser?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It plays Pandora, and is significantly less memory intensive with an equal number of the same tabs open than FF (or at least the session I was using.  I only tested once, so there's probably some error in there), so I might actually use it for somethings.  Not everything though.  Not by a longshot.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
why on earth did steam need to make a browser?

Because writing your own custom XML interpreter and renderer is stupid if you can just use webkit or something similar.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
It's actually a really handy tool if you want to do something like look up a guide on GameFAQs or a forum posting while in the middle of a game, especially since not every game out there plays nice with alt-tabbing.  I just wish it wasn't quite so glitchy.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Finally got around to watching the 'There She Is!!' animations on NG, and took a direct hit to the feels. Now I'm going to play some DarkSouls to balance out the fuzzy feelings with some good old fashioned gamerage.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I'm pretty sure I'm destined to be alone forever. :(

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
You can be like me and plot the downfall of social life in humanity! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
I can't get a well rested bonus worth a damn
I'll go to sleep, wake up, and yearn for more
And after yearning for more after an additional four hours, I still yearn for more

It's like this perpetual desire for sleep which is obliged, but never fulfilled

Driving me nuts as I can't for the life of me figure out a logical reason as to why
"No"

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
And after yearning for more after an additional four hours, I still yearn for more

Driving me nuts as I can't for the life of me figure out a logical reason as to why

I understand this, and I'm certain I know what it is:

You lack physical and mental stimulation. Dull tasks make for a dull state of mind, and lack of exercise slows everything down. You probably can't or shouldn't pass on the dull tasks, so do some exercise and tend to your body. Your brain should feel better as a result as well.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I drank too much last night.

My body is telling me that this is a bad thing.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
your body is lying to you, time to crack open the scotch.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I think you may be onto something Nuke. I love you Nuke.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

you make it sound like a bad thing.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR

You lack physical and mental stimulation. Dull tasks make for a dull state of mind, and lack of exercise slows everything down. You probably can't or shouldn't pass on the dull tasks, so do some exercise and tend to your body. Your brain should feel better as a result as well.
This.

Exercising on a regular basis has improved sleeping for me by so much. Not only I do I feel more rested after I wake up, I also have sane sleeping patterns.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
about once or twice a week i'm motivated enough to do about 30 situps and 12-15 pushups.  i miss college.  i used to be a hell of an athlete.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I'm thinking of getting back into running. Is anyone familiar with C25K (Couch to 5 Kilometres)?

Otherwise ATM I gym 3 times a week. On Stronglifts 5x5 if anyone is familiar with that, though I'd recommend anyone who's keen to start lifting and has access to a good coach/personal trainer get on Starting Strength, but that you'd already know if you've done your research.

Also had a good day at the beach today, and am nursing some nice burned feet from the hot sand. Must invest in thongs. (yeah that's right, they're THONGS, ya' bastards) :D

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies

This.

Exercising on a regular basis has improved sleeping for me by so much. Not only I do I feel more rested after I wake up, I also have sane sleeping patterns.

Alright, trying this out
As for dull, I think I spice that up by drawing more and ****

your body is lying to you, time to crack open the scotch.

I'm half a bottle down. Amidoingitrite
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I'm thinking of getting back into running. Is anyone familiar with C25K (Couch to 5 Kilometres)?

Otherwise ATM I gym 3 times a week. On Stronglifts 5x5 if anyone is familiar with that, though I'd recommend anyone who's keen to start lifting and has access to a good coach/personal trainer get on Starting Strength, but that you'd already know if you've done your research.

Also had a good day at the beach today, and am nursing some nice burned feet from the hot sand. Must invest in thongs. (yeah that's right, they're THONGS, ya' bastards) :D

thongs ain't gonna help your feet mate.  it's just gonna make a different part of you hurt.

and for the love of god don't get sand in there!