Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 451599 times)

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]
You can attach a screenshot to a forum reply.  Use the full reply page, not the quick reply box.

Thank you, Goober. I'll get you those screenshots tonight after I'm done with work.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
- Not sure if this is a quirk of how pilot files work or how campaign files work, but on my latest playthrough, I was awarded the Triple Ace upon completing Silence All Voices (with 400+ kills).  :P

- In Cloak and Dagger, all of the transports arrive at the same time, take roughly the same amount of time to pick up their cargo, and all have the same departure point. They fly in such tight formation that they're constantly rubbing and scraping against each other, and when they try to jump out, they'll "ricochet" off each other, which gives them some zany jump trajectories.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Antares

>Betrayed
>Rebel Ursas happen to spawn almost on top of the player and friendly ships when the mission starts
>Ursas are swiftly destroyed by nearly a dozen attacking fighters before they can damage the Krios
>Krios immediately self-destructs

We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Hi all, recently re-installed FSO and completed FS Port without a hitch.

I'm currently playing through ST:R, and am on the mission "Forced Hand" (Mission 13).

I'm having issues targeting the Repulse's subsystems, and its turrets seem to be static. Allied forces succeed in destroying the enemy cruisers, but I can't proceed to disable the Repulse itself, it seems invulnerable.

I've run the debug build and it seems to be working? Not sure what's going on there.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Can you post your debug log?

Can you post your debug log?

Hey Goob, I ran through the debug, mission seemed to work in the normal build afterwards.

Just killed the Hades earlier today! ;)

If I run into further issues, I'll post and attach a debug log for sure. Thanks for the reply ^__^

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Glad to hear it, and well done!

Offline Antares

Some wonky behavior in The Last Hurrah due to the way the mission is designed. Nothing that makes the mission unplayable, but enough to get your attention.

1) You can't really issue precise orders to your wingmen for most of the mission because you can't target specific enemies. However, if left to their own devices, your wingmen will do stupid things like attack the Archon (even though they can't damage it) while ignoring other, better targets. This may be partly related to the loadout you choose (I seem to recall having more well-behaved wingmen depending on what their secondaries were), but I'm not sure.

2) It looks like certain ships can't be destroyed until they become visible on sensors. This is certainly the case with the Archon, but it also leads to other silliness; there's at least one Azrael transport that cannot be killed until the EMP burst sufficiently wears off, meaning your wingmen will shower it with fire to no effect. I believe this is also true of one of the cruisers.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
1) The protect-ship flag is used on the Archon and the two cruisers, which should prevent the wingmen from attacking those ships until the appropriate time.

2) Ship-guardian is used on some ships until the EMP sufficiently wears off.  They can be damaged, but not fully destroyed.  This is to prevent the player or his wingmen from breaking the sequence of the mission.

Offline Antares

1) The protect-ship flag is used on the Archon and the two cruisers, which should prevent the wingmen from attacking those ships until the appropriate time.
Nope. Your wingmen will start hitting the Archon after less than a minute into the mission.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
In that case, there must be a bug in the code, because this is the mission event:
Code: [Select]
$Formula: ( when
   ( has-time-elapsed 330 )
   ( ship-visible "SD Archon" )
   ( unprotect-ship "SD Archon" )
   ( ship-vulnerable "SD Archon" )
   ( turret-free-all "SD Archon" )

Try a previous build.

Offline Antares

- In Last Stand, if the Soyokaze is destroyed before Admiral Amentep sends his transmission, the Orff will never jump in. (This makes logical sense, but also makes the mission harder.)

- Although the mission is winnable if the Soyokaze is destroyed and even has scripted events for it, the final cutscene will still play regardless of whether or not the Soyokaze and/or the Orff have been destroyed.

- GTD Legion hulk HD reskin when? :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
- In Last Stand, if the Soyokaze is destroyed before Admiral Amentep sends his transmission, the Orff will never jump in. (This makes logical sense, but also makes the mission harder.)

Yes, this was anticipated.  It makes logical sense, as you noted.

- Although the mission is winnable if the Soyokaze is destroyed and even has scripted events for it, the final cutscene will still play regardless of whether or not the Soyokaze and/or the Orff have been destroyed.

Indeed.  This would require rendering two different cutscenes.  We decided to write the cutscene for the most common situation.

- GTD Legion hulk HD reskin when? :p

It's in the works.  Ask Nyctaeus. :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Just completed my playthrough of ST:R. It brought back many good memories, though I admit it was pretty much like playing it for the first time ever, considering that my previous playthrough dates back to over a decade ago.

The most notable improvements over my previous playthrough are the custom made cutscenes. They're quite meaningful in terms of content, and very detailed too. I also love how the Hades model got upgraded and revamped.  :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Antares

The Orff is in a poor position to hit the Hades.

When the Orff jumps in, it targets a specific laser turret on one of the Hades's "wings." After this turret is destroyed, the Orff adjusts its aim to hit the turrets on the Hades's rear engines. However, the Orff doesn't move after it jumps in, so it isn't actually in range to hit either of these turrets, and just shoots fruitlessly in their general direction, pew-pew-pew.

The Orff does eventually move once the Hades enters its final phase, but by this time, the Hades is seconds from being destroyed, so it doesn't much matter.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The arrival position of the Orff wasn't chosen so the Orff could hit the Hades, but rather so the Hades could hit the Orff.  It's within the line of fire of one of the beam turrets.

The Orff does have the ai-chase "Hades" order, but this doesn't always mean the ships will move.  My guess is that Volition's AI code found a stable equilibrium where the Orff just parked in one spot.

There is always the option of setting up a waypoint path.  If you feel like opening FRED and creating a path, and it works well, I'll add it to the mission.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Any idea what the music is for the intro cutscene?  Some youtube video claims its wentz, and it sounds like wentz, but I literally cant find out anything else about it (i also eventually messaged wentz a couple months ago but he did not reply).

I will enable notifications for this topic so if you see this a million years from now feel free to reply.

Offline Antares

Any idea what the music is for the intro cutscene?  Some youtube video claims its wentz, and it sounds like wentz, but I literally cant find out anything else about it (i also eventually messaged wentz a couple months ago but he did not reply).

I will enable notifications for this topic so if you see this a million years from now feel free to reply.

That's Freespace 2 - Debriefing 3 (mission failure), which is definitely Dan Wentz's work.

Offline QuakeIV

• test

That's Freespace 2 - Debriefing 3 (mission failure), which is definitely Dan Wentz's work.

Well that was surprisingly expedient.  Thanks man.