Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269261 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: New MechWarrior Game?
Dont forget the Thanatos and Argus, the easiest heavy mechs to disarm and kill in the whole game.
Really? I never really lost any weapons in Solaris with the Argus... odd.

first thing i always pick off (accident or deliberate) is that big week missile rack
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Demitri

MW4 was supposedly being re-released for free right? Anybody know when?
"Brothers and sisters are natural enemies!
Like Englishmen and Scots!
Or Welshmen and Scots!
Or Japanese and Scots!
Or Scots and other Scots!
Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!" - Groundskeeper Willie

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Last thing I saw on the mektek.net forums said something about August.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Roanoke

In MW4 the general layout seems to matter. I really like the Timberwolf (nee MadCat) but badguys seem to have no trouble "striping" it of weapons  :rolleyes:
Don't really have that problem with Hellbringer and Summoner.

One of the things you learn on Solaris in MW4: Mercs is that some designs can be rapidly disarmed. It's a key tactic dealing with certain designs like the Cauldron-Born and Sunder, who will otherwise take the opportunity to close and **** you up with heavy autocannons. Some of the Solaris customs are terribly vunerable to it to, like the Wolfhound.

Dont forget the Thanatos and Argus, the easiest heavy mechs to disarm and kill in the whole game.

Catapult ?

Oh and reinstalled MW3!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Oh and reinstalled MW3!

If you make it work, let me know how. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Roanoke

Just ran it in compatability-Windows2000 and it seems more or less ok.
Worked fine last time I ran it, back when i had a Geforce4MX.

edit: ah crap I'm getting occasional CTDs!  :sigh:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:07:02 am by Roanoke »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah. I took the full course recommended; forced refresh to 60, compatiblity to Win98, software render, but it still ctds on campaign sometimes.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
With Pirate's Moon though nothing short of virgin sacrifice seems to work...
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
In MW4 the general layout seems to matter. I really like the Timberwolf (nee MadCat) but badguys seem to have no trouble "striping" it of weapons  :rolleyes:
Don't really have that problem with Hellbringer and Summoner.
In general arms are quite easy to take out in MW4. My Timber Wolf had a dud arm that I used as a shield; I put higher than normal armour on it.

One of the things you learn on Solaris in MW4: Mercs is that some designs can be rapidly disarmed. It's a key tactic dealing with certain designs like the Cauldron-Born and Sunder, who will otherwise take the opportunity to close and **** you up with heavy autocannons. Some of the Solaris customs are terribly vunerable to it to, like the Wolfhound.
Tell me about it. Remove that ER-PPC and she's toast.

I agree on the Argus, but for the Thana, you're better off killing it rather than bothering to disarm it.

Catapult ?
Laughably easy to disarm, and annoyingly hard to arm, in my opinion. You have to know, however, I am not a big fan of missiles, rather preferring energy and ballistic weapons on my 'Mechs.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Laughably easy to disarm, and annoyingly hard to arm, in my opinion. You have to know, however, I am not a big fan of missiles, rather preferring energy and ballistic weapons on my 'Mechs.

I have to agree, LRMs take to long to lock on even with beagle SSRM are stupidly short range and MRM are feable
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Funny enough I liked the Thanatos in MW4, it had nice utilitarian lines and I'd load it up with big gorram shotguns.  My late game lance generally fielded a PPCed up NovaCat acting as sniper, a LRM laden Mad Dog and a Thanatos and Summoner geared fro CQB.    I found this configuration to be pretty damn brutal against even the most powerful enemies.  That said I wasn't playing multi.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Heh.. Twin LBX20s for some close quarters battle and - if enough tonnage / heat remains - couple of ER PPCs for initial spining / harassment. Didnt work that well in longer battles but did wonders in that 'trial of possession'. In solaris same concept with less PPCs and moar speed was teh funneh.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
ERPPC the king of combat usable at any rang and massive damage even against an assault mech

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
ERPPC the king of combat usable at any rang and massive damage even against an assault mech

Too much heat.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Well, maybe. It's pretty well-balanced with the Gauss Rifle. The Clan ER PPC arguably really is the king of the battlefield, though it's not as munchtastic as weapons like Clan Large Pulse Lasers and cLRM-20s.

Offline Roanoke

I like CLRM20s. Give the Catapult 4 of 'em and it's a great stand-off weapon. Better than the Vulture, I think.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well technically the Cat shouldn't be able to mount them at all. But, yes, the term 'munchtastic' refers to a weapon that in rules terms is arguably broken. the cLRM's lack of minimum range is a really big point in its favor.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Well, maybe. It's pretty well-balanced with the Gauss Rifle. The Clan ER PPC arguably really is the king of the battlefield, though it's not as munchtastic as weapons like Clan Large Pulse Lasers and cLRM-20s.

I had the feeling the LRMs in MW4 have been toned down damge wise in comparison to MW3, which sucks.
In MW3 a full barrage of 40 missiles crippled every mech ( heavy upwards ) and destroyed everything smaller then a Bushwacker.
Granted the heat generated makes you vulnerable for a moment, but it's worth it unless the enemy is close enough to paint a smiley on the back of your Mech.

The UAC and LBX weapons have also been toned down, but this applys to almost every weapon in MW4.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Solaris i used a Cougar ( 2 C ER LLas, 2 C LRM - or 2 C SRM ) in the light class, a Uziel ( 2 C ER PPC, 1 C SRM ) or an Ryoken ( Kai Allard Liao config  :D ) in the medium class, a Thor ( 1 C UAC, 1 C ER PPC, 1 C SRM ) in the heavy and a Victor ( 1 C UAC 20, 2 C MPLas, 1 C SRM ) or a Daishi ( Prometheus config ) in the Assault class.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
whats everyone's opinion of best all purpose mechs

Personally

Light
Osiris

Medium
Uziel

Heavy
Loki

Assault
Mauler

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hrm. Puma, Ryoken/Stormcrow, Night Gyr and Warhawk for Clan. I'd love to be able to toss the Shadow Cat in there somewhere, though.