Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269233 times)

Re: New MechWarrior Game?
Thor>Summoner.  I will grant you Hellbringer is better than Loki, however Stormcrow/Ryoken is debatable.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
With any other 'Mech, this would not matter that much, but Summoner>Thor.  This is law.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The IS names are a hodgepodge of mismatched references and misaligned mythologies. The Clan names are totemic, coherent, and threatening.

Of course it all probably comes down to whether you started playing with the superb MW2, the beautiful MW3, or the somewhat plastic MW4.  :p

Offline Roanoke

The IS names are a hodgepodge of mismatched references and misaligned mythologies. The Clan names are totemic, coherent, and threatening.

Of course it all probably comes down to whether you started playing with the superb MW2, the beautiful MW3, or the somewhat plastic MW4.  :p

Spot on! I started with MW2, albeit watered down PS1 version, so it's Summoner, Hellbringer, Dire Wolf etc for me.  ;)

Incidentally, although it appears to be mostly political, I think the exodus of the Star League Defence Force would be a cool backdrop for a Mechwarrior game.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Start a little before that, on the March to Terra.  Ending would be the exodus.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I hope this game lets you punch things. In MW4, Atlases always had such massive fists, and they seemed at least one and a half times taller than any other mech. I'd always want to charge a whole bunch of light mechs and literally smack them around.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, the boardgame allows you to pick up 20 ton Mechs when you're riding in a 100 ton machine...
It's fun to first disable an enemy Flea, then smack people around with it....  :D
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Some of the IS names have a certain...aura, that the Clan ones lack. The Daishi most obviously.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You can only pick up 20 tonners that are completely out of play, and the 100 tonner must have TSM activated.  Then you get to use it as a club :D.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
You can only pick up 20 tonners that are completely out of play, and the 100 tonner must have TSM activated.  Then you get to use it as a club :D.

Tell it to the Atlas fluff which claims you can pick up a medium 'Mech and throw it down.

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Fluff, not rules.  Rules only allow for 20 tonners, and then only with TSM.  We had a discussion on this very subject just this last week.  Anyway, I am fairly sure that fluff is in the Technical Readouts: 3025 (or 3039, whichever).  Under the Atlas it says that there are horror stories of it being able to pick up and throw down Light 'Mechs.

EDIT:  Looked it up, and it does say Medium 'Mechs, but it uses it in the context of a horror story.

The exact passage:
Quote from: AS7-D Atlas
The four medium lasers and short-range missiles make the "Mech a good close-range fighter, while its internal structure gives the arms and hands enormous power. This has created many horror stories concerning Atlases and their ability to pick up medium-sized 'Mechs with one hand and fling them to the ground as though they were mere toys,

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Horrors stories...about something it can do. The context suggests this is something it is actually capable of, but doesn't really get the chance to, not that this is something it's not capable of but people credit it with anyways.

A Feddie Story

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Horrors stories...about something it can do. The context suggests this is something it is actually capable of, but doesn't really get the chance to, not that this is something it's not capable of but people credit it with anyways.

On the trailer, if the moment the Atlas appeared in front of the Warhammer, the Atlas had punched it the game would be automatically perfect. :D

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Bah.  Daishi>Direwolf, and Mad Cat>Timberwolf.  Inner Sphere all the way.

Freebirth scum.  :doubt:
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Aff.  That they are brother Clanner.

Offline Roanoke

Problem with the atlas is it's by far the easiest mech to nail with a "head" shot. Even I do it from time to time in MW4 (nailed one with two ERlaser shots and a twin'd Clan Gauss Rifle shot), despite being a crappy aim lol.  :D

edit: now I remember, is it ""correct" that MW4 allows the player to fully custom the loadout of a battlemech, as apposed to an Omnimech ? I thought the modular nature is what seperated the two ?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
That, friend, is one of the bigger complaints against MW4.  They tried to dress it by keeping some slots specific to energy, or ballistics or the like, but it didn't work so well.

I thought OmniMechs just had weapons pods that allowed weapons to be swapped in the field.  In MW4 you have a JumpShip and a DropShip at your disposal, so I assume you have a full 'Mechbay for weapon refits.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Yes, but changing the engine on one of those things is supposed to take a full factory refit, not some dropship job.

EDIT:  You do not own the jumpship.  You hitch rides with scheduled jumpships.  If you had a jumpship, you would be more than just a simply mercenary.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
EDIT:  You do not own the jumpship.  You hitch rides with scheduled jumpships.  If you had a jumpship, you would be more than just a simply mercenary.

You'd be a very rich mercenary. :P

A Feddie Story