Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269230 times)

Offline mxlm

Re: New MechWarrior Game?
That, friend, is one of the bigger complaints against MW4. 
Because the customization of IS mechs that had no business being customized was new to that title?

MW2: Mercs, MW3...
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Roanoke

I actually quite liked the custom loadout options.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Gameplaywise, it made sense. In-Universe, it didn't.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I like being able to customize things because having fixed loadouts usually results in all the badass looking things having something that I completely hate using which keeps me from using it at all.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Omnis should be freely customizable, but non-Omni customization should take lots of effort and lots of money. And things like engines shouldn't be alterable.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I was thinking the other day: in MW2 and MW3 since the mechs are completely customizable there's really no difference between mechs of the same tonnage, right? Except for firing point placement and different torso twist ranges, they have the same number of critical slots, so it should all be the same.... I think.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Roanoke

In MW4 the general layout seems to matter. I really like the Timberwolf (nee MadCat) but badguys seem to have no trouble "striping" it of weapons  :rolleyes:
Don't really have that problem with Hellbringer and Summoner.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
In MW4 the general layout seems to matter. I really like the Timberwolf (nee MadCat) but badguys seem to have no trouble "striping" it of weapons  :rolleyes:

One of the things you learn on Solaris in MW4: Mercs is that some designs can be rapidly disarmed. It's a key tactic dealing with certain designs like the Cauldron-Born and Sunder, who will otherwise take the opportunity to close and **** you up with heavy autocannons. Some of the Solaris customs are terribly vunerable to it to, like the Wolfhound.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Roanoke

Yeah Cougar with 2xERLaser and 2xCSRMs is a handy little scrapper at Solaris but I've never finished with a full weapon loadout.   :blah:

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Well of course it matters in MW4, since the different mechs have different kinds of weapon slots. I'm talking about the older games where any mech can mount anything anywhere as long as it has the free tonnage and criticals.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
What games where those? :wtf:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
MW2 and MW3?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
and the MC games.  Although, those were only critical slots, so you could conceivable mount 60 tons of weapons on a 55 ton 'Mech.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
MW2 did that? I remember them having three different loadout sets that you could select.
Unless that was only the PS version.

Offline Roanoke

MW2 did that? I remember them having three different loadout sets that you could select.
Unless that was only the PS version.

Yeah I recall the PS version allowed two options of a weapons loadout, rather than fully custom.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless

One of the things you learn on Solaris in MW4: Mercs is that some designs can be rapidly disarmed. It's a key tactic dealing with certain designs like the Cauldron-Born and Sunder, who will otherwise take the opportunity to close and **** you up with heavy autocannons. Some of the Solaris customs are terribly vunerable to it to, like the Wolfhound.
Hehe... always aiming for fastest mechs (apart from assault series) loading as many CLBX20s as possible the solaris wasnt that bad.. as long as your aim was good.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Roanoke

Any ideas why I seem to have to reinstall the MW4 Mech packs every few months ? I have the patches to fix them installed as well.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Not sure, I haven't had that problem before.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

Dont forget the Thanatos and Argus, the easiest heavy mechs to disarm and kill in the whole game.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Dont forget the Thanatos and Argus, the easiest heavy mechs to disarm and kill in the whole game.
Really? I never really lost any weapons in Solaris with the Argus... odd.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL