Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 908103 times)

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Whatever.  You get my point now!

Also, after reading my post time and again about adding in the cockpit views, I realized that I didn't get my point across with what I wrote down; I had just woken up at that time, so I was half asleep.
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's all cool, mah homologues.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Still, what I would like to see with the cockpits is the dashboards acting like real cockpits with all the lights and what not?  That really would make the game better in my opinion since I like a realistic look to my games, but that's for a different discussion, one that I can do when I get back from work tonight.
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline -Sara-

Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Just like that, basically!

EDIT:  Btw, does anyone know the release date of that mod?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Just like that, basically!

EDIT:  Btw, does anyone know the release date of that mod?

Diaspora will be done when it's done.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Well, that's a little enigmatic.  Fine, I'll ask on the Diaspora boards.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Jeez, some people just don't get it....

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Hey, I just prefer a good answer.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hey, I just prefer a good answer.

That is the official answer. It's the same release date BP2 had, and, now, the same release date BP2R2 has.

Nobody can predict when a mod will be done. It'll be done when it's finished. That's the best anyone can do, and the best answer you'll get.

Offline vurt

I've been lurking for a long time, just wanted to say this mod isn't so much a mod as a work of art. You can tell that a lot of effort went into getting all the details right; the atmosphere, the music but most of all the emotion. This mod takes you through an emotional roller coaster, and that's what makes a memorable gaming experience. You actually feel the loss of each capital ship, because you're always reminded that you're in a dire situation in the war and capital ships are few and far between. Big difference to a lot of other mods, where capital ships are constantly coming and going and end up coming off as expendable. This is just another one of those little details, and like I said, details are what separates this mod from the rest.

My only gripes were the lack of voice acting (totally understandable though) given the sheer amount of dialogue, and the alert sound was too loud and obnoxious for my taste. Could have done with something a little more subdued, it'll stand out even if it's not blaring in your ears I think ;)

Looking forward to the continuation. And oh how I wish I had the time these days to learn FREDding after playing this :(

Spoiler:
And I was NOT expecting that ending. I thought "Finally after all this despair it's time to kick some TEV ass and turn this thing around!" which quickly turned to "Oh no.. you BASTARDS!" What a cliff hanger!

Offline -Norbert-

Spoiler:
And I was NOT expecting that ending. I thought "Finally after all this despair it's time to kick some TEV ass and turn this thing around!" which quickly turned to "Oh no.. you BASTARDS!" What a cliff hanger!
But at least we got a very nice closing sequence with great music. I love that closing sequence. Reminds me a lot of the way Gundam 00 foreshadowed it's 2nd season at the end of season 1, only with better music ;) . Not that daybreak's bell is a bad song, but unborn child is still better.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I didn't like the ending music. Well, not the music itself, but the fact it had words. Music with lyrics and games don't work well IMHO. The ending was still awesome though.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline -Sara-

The only way to get an exact release date is when developers are employed (thus paid), a distributor has a deadline and said developers have no other reallife commitments. And even then it moves about several times.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline -Norbert-

You mean if the publisher is bound and determined to force the developers into releasing on time, no matter if they are finished or not?

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I didn't like the ending music. Well, not the music itself, but the fact it had words. Music with lyrics and games don't work well IMHO. The ending was still awesome though.
I thought it was fitting... Music with words usually don't fit with the actual gameplay parts, no?
Probably just personal preference anyway. I know people that shun music with lyrics completely.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
That song couldn't work without the lyrics at least not in WiH. If you listen they're relevant to the story, to an extent.

Offline crizza

Surprise, surprise I've got a question:
The UEF Stealthfighter...
Why can't it carry the paveway, I mean, it would be usefull to send some of these, disable a certan ship with paveways and reinforcement have an easy job, wouldn't it?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Surprise, surprise I've got a question:
The UEF Stealthfighter...
Why can't it carry the paveway, I mean, it would be usefull to send some of these, disable a certan ship with paveways and reinforcement have an easy job, wouldn't it?

That would have made the UEF's job too easy, if all they had to do was send in these little buggers and Pave the Way. Besides, I think the Paveway is near the larger end of the scale when it comes to regular missile size.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?