Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190247 times)

Offline Infamus

Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
that is a terrific idea! just like Ransom's "Windmills" 'command simulator!'

here, have a cookie!

yes, we absolutely must add things like this; it's all the rage nowadays.

also make ships that are supposed to flee due to a SEXP and are not a primary goal, worth more points than normal, but they have to be large ships, no fighters or bombers unless they belong to a marked squad of importance to the story.

this reminds me of Nexus: the Jupiter Indecent. if you destroy an enemy's entire fleet you get the prize, otherwise, no. to do this, you must destroy the small ships first; if you hit the big ones first, it will demoralize the smaller craft causing them to bug-out.

divide and conquer!

EDIT: ohemgee i just rhymed twice
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 03:26:31 pm by Infamus »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline -Sara-

I usually let the ships run off when they flee. But I'm a softy.. :rolleyes:

I'm curious if we'll get to see desertion on the UEF side. Presure is bound to press people to make ill decisions in the trend of "doing us all a favour". I can imagine bad morale might make some starship crews lose faith in the flag officers of the UEF, deciding to cause a mutiny. Imagine having to make decisions on what to do with the deserter. Do you destroye that ship taking no risk? Maybe you disable and recapture it? Perhaps you bring it's hull integrity below 15% so it surrenders. Or a good show of destroying GTVA ships awaiting the rendevous might make them regain faith in the UEF.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Raiden

• Vassago's Dirge fanboy
    • Ministry of Truth
I just want to see a massive Shivan invasion of the Sol system done in WiH's gritty, sombre, 'realistic' tone. I have a feeling you guys are leading up to something a bit more sophisticated than that, though.
/logic/reason/faith/tradition/knowledge/rhythm/space/religion/
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3
Eagerly Awaiting: Titanfall
I write for god is in the tv. I blog at Ministry of Truth.

Offline Hellzed

I want meson torpedos, or a high tech long range missile like weapon.
For example, something launched at 10 or 15k from the target, at a 300 or 400 mph speed, which spits in 4 real warheads and 12 decoy ones... Ships would need special tubes to launch that. These tube could be used to launch meson torpedos too (that's self explanatory, high speed, long range, homing, extra powerful missiles, but no decoy warheads in these) !

I want subspace interdictors too, ships that can seal off a node while it's in position, with their modified jump engine (so if there's a danger, it could take some time to reconfigure the engine before it jumps)...

Offline starlord

I would rather see (based on the WIH story elements) a split between the UEF fleets...

While byrne insists in handling the conflict in a peaceful way, perhaps mars and jupiter will go as far as waging war on earth to secure military assets they feel will make them stay in the fight...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
For example, something launched at 10 or 15k from the target, at a 300 or 400 mph speed, which spits in 4 real warheads and 12 decoy ones.
UEF does have MIRV torpedoes called Hydra. They have same range as equivalent Apocalypses. Narayana's main guns and torpedoes already have 12km range and so does its Hydra torpedo variant. There are no decoys however, they all mean business.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Nuke mentioned fighter-launched decoys to distract PD while a torpedo strike came in. You may want to play with that idea for gunships?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hellzed

IMHO, anti cruiser cluster torpedos ( splitting in both decoy and real warheads about 1500m from the target) would be great.

I found it ! The most awful sound of BP2 : bp_clusterboom.ogg in bp2-audio1.vp/data/sounds ! Sometimes I muted the sound effects just not to hear this ! It's f***ing saturated, could you please replace it in the next release of WiH ?

I would rather see (based on the WIH story elements) a split between the UEF fleets...

While byrne insists in handling the conflict in a peaceful way, perhaps mars and jupiter will go as far as waging war on earth to secure military assets they feel will make them stay in the fight...

As much as I can understand and even see how that could happen, it would immediately spell doom for the Fed war effort. If there were to be a coup, it would have to be quick and without losses, possibly just in the higher ranks. An all-out war between Mars and Earth would result in swift and final victory for the GTVA.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I found it ! The most awful sound of BP2 : bp_clusterboom.ogg in bp2-audio1.vp/data/sounds ! Sometimes I muted the sound effects just not to hear this ! It's f***ing saturated, could you please replace it in the next release of WiH ?
I liked the new clusterboom sound.

Offline starlord

Yes, that would not mean well, and would be the thing to avoid! especially if the gef manage to somehow repeat their stunts with the vasudans here: convincing they work for one to destroy the other, whatever they may be!

Perhaps at some point the player is going to have to fight hard to somehow preserve the unity of the fleets by undoing a form of conspiracy...

Offline -Norbert-

That actually sounds like something right up the Fedayeens alley.

Offline Infamus

I liked the new clusterboom sound.

I really don't pay attention to the sounds, although I tend to like the classics better if they are good in the first place. Also, I don't like the red shock waves from explosions; they need more variety

shock-wave color suggestions:

GTVA large war vessels death: bright indigo
 GTVA cap ships use meson reactors right?

UEF ship death (all of them): teal
 UEF ships and bases have green-hot fusion reactors (look at the engine color; no wonder they are so much faster)

GTVA small war vessels / strike craft and antimatter bombs: original blue
 small GTVA ships use blue-hot fusion reactors and antimatter bombs release pure energy

Anything else and nuclear bombs: new red
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

check this track out. I was looking aa videos for the 300 spartan movie and this song stuck. the instrumental could make a real nice soundtrack for a do or die mission (a "come and get them" type mission).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6coXoaVsprc
An neverending battle shall begin (BITEFIGHT.org): http://s8.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=128547

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Exile
No, It's too heavy for FS. More songs like Hans Zimmer would be ideal for WiH2. Rock-like songs don't suits.

For me... I want more FS2-ish feelings, new awesome capsships for UEF Fleet and effective explosions of GTVA capsships :D.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I would like Raynor to use some nice terran textures. It is great ship and it deserves it.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I would like Raynor to use some nice terran textures. It is great ship and it deserves it.

Wait what.

Define "terran textures", please.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I assume he wants it to be coloured entirely in greyscale. Or better yet, be covered entirely with TCov1A.

Offline -Norbert-

check this track out. I was looking aa videos for the 300 spartan movie and this song stuck. the instrumental could make a real nice soundtrack for a do or die mission (a "come and get them" type mission).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6coXoaVsprc
That's from Halo 2. Blow me away from Martin O'Donnel and Michael Salvatori.
And I too don't think it really fits with WiH.

Offline Hellzed

Why not some song from Yann Tiersen or Max Richter (Waltz with Bachir) ?